Software 3.1

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

I no longer have access to my Facebook account so it’s quite frustrating that this is the way VW decides to communicate updates.

Anyone else on here or on Facebook got a service appointment?
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

rikimaru wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:22 pm I no longer have access to my Facebook account so it’s quite frustrating that this is the way VW decides to communicate updates.

It's only an announcment about starting the campaign and indicating that the dealers will be getting prepared. As it states you will get a communication from one of two sources. At least 1 person has got an appointment but I read somewhere that the process wasn't starting until 11th July?

I make a massive assumption here.... but given that you have to give your VIN to join the fb group I assume VW know what percentage of customers it's communicating to but they seem happy to continue with using it as an announcement platform.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

G43FAN wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:51 am
rikimaru wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:22 pm I no longer have access to my Facebook account so it’s quite frustrating that this is the way VW decides to communicate updates.

It's only an announcment about starting the campaign and indicating that the dealers will be getting prepared. As it states you will get a communication from one of two sources. At least 1 person has got an appointment but I read somewhere that the process wasn't starting until 11th July?

I make a massive assumption here.... but given that you have to give your VIN to join the fb group I assume VW know what percentage of customers it's communicating to but they seem happy to continue with using it as an announcement platform.
"I make a massive assumption here.... but given that you have to give your VIN to join the fb group I assume VW know what percentage of customers it's communicating to but they seem happy to continue with using it as an announcement platform."
You may well be right about that, but it's still not good practice from VW. It's very presumptuous by VW and not very good PR. Do the rest of us non-facebook users not matter to them. We all paid VW for the cars.
MattBCL

Post by MattBCL »

I’m sure there’s been a similar argument made 10 years ago about them using email rather than sending a letter. Times change - and we’re customers of a fairly cutting edge technology (EVs) - so it’s not surprising they’re harnessing the power of social media to communicate. I’m no fan of social media but accept it’s the future. It’s easier surely just to get a FB account and join in?
Tour Pro S (Scale Silver) on a Business Lease from Plan Cars
Ordered Mid-June 2022 from a cancelled Sep 2021 order, expected 11/22 now 03/23
Order ref 314011**
Octopus referral (£50 to us both): https://share.octopus.energy/soft-wave-441
duncsand

Post by duncsand »

No need to join Facebook - those that do will re-post here!
---
id.3 Family Pro Performance.
Ordered September 2021, build week 25, confirmed built 1st July, collected from dealer 20th July.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

The Facebook group was originally set up as a way to give more advanced information to 1st edition buyers, which they later opened up to all ID drivers. It was never intended to replace other comms but rather be additional. As I understand it everyone got emails about 2.3 and we'll all get invites in the form of emails for 2.4. VW have confirmed that. Isn't that all you would normally expect? In practice the advanced information available via the group has not been very useful because they haven't met their planned schedule anyway - and of course you can get all the info easily via YouTube or forums anyway. The day to day use of the Facebook group is mostly a mixture of customers whining and VW sending marketing surveys (do you want an ID drivers cap?) - so you aren't missing out on much.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

sidehaas wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:59 am The Facebook group was originally set up as a way to give more advanced information to 1st edition buyers, which they later opened up to all ID drivers. It was never intended to replace other comms but rather be additional. As I understand it everyone got emails about 2.3 and we'll all get invites in the form of emails for 2.4. VW have confirmed that. Isn't that all you would normally expect? In practice the advanced information available via the group has not been very useful because they haven't met their planned schedule anyway - and of course you can get all the info easily via YouTube or forums anyway. The day to day use of the Facebook group is mostly a mixture of customers whining and VW sending marketing surveys (do you want an ID drivers cap?) - so you aren't missing out on much.
All good points there. And facebook whining is just one of the reasons I won't use it.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

So. Has ANYONE had an invite yet for 2.4??
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

G43FAN wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:15 pm
sidehaas wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:07 pm For non Facebook people...in reply to someone's questions:
- they said they can't guarantee when invites will start in each country but nominally from the middle of next week (interesting someone said yesterday that she'd had it already), and
- they clarified that the 3.0 update would be a separate programme afterwards rather than occurring straight away, and that it would be downloaded in the background like 2.3 was but without the 7-day trigger problem
So, afterwards, (and I know we don't know the answer) are they saying that 3.0 will start after 2.4 is complete or there will be an initial delay? If we've got to wait for them to try and catch up with updating to 2.4 It'll be 2023.

Ive been saying for ages here that 3.x OTA won’t start until 2023. VW operates each as a separate “campaign”.

I appreciate this opinion isn’t anything anyone wants to hear, but it’s unpopularity doesn’t make it any less likely!
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Utumno wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:21 am
sidehaas wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:07 pm For non Facebook people...in reply to someone's questions:
- they said they can't guarantee when invites will start in each country but nominally from the middle of next week (interesting someone said yesterday that she'd had it already), and
- they clarified that the 3.0 update would be a separate programme afterwards rather than occurring straight away, and that it would be downloaded in the background like 2.3 was but without the 7-day trigger problem
So, afterwards, (and I know we don't know the answer) are they saying that 3.0 will start after 2.4 is complete or there will be an initial delay? If we've got to wait for them to try and catch up with updating to 2.4 It'll be 2023.

Ive been saying for ages here that 3.x OTA won’t start until 2023. VW operates each as a separate “campaign”.

I appreciate this opinion isn’t anything anyone wants to hear, but it’s unpopularity doesn’t make it any less likely!
More optimistic than what I have concluded, although things look slightly better than they did.
It seemed with previous updates your car (VIN) had to be on the list, so it would be nice if that was the case if as 2.4 was completed by the Service partner the VIN was pushed across to the 3.0 list, but thta's probably far too optimistic.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

G43FAN wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:01 pm
Utumno wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:21 am

More optimistic than what I have concluded, although things look slightly better than they did.
It seemed with previous updates your car (VIN) had to be on the list, so it would be nice if that was the case if as 2.4 was completed by the Service partner the VIN was pushed across to the 3.0 list, but thta's probably far too optimistic.

I’m expecting the same ridiculous and opaque nonsense of signing up for the 3.x update as was done for 2.3 to be inflicted on ID.3 customers again 😔

Incidentally, the “because GDPR” excuse given by VW for that process is utter nonsense, but I’m sure you knew that already!
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
baguette

Post by baguette »

MattBCL wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:50 am I’m sure there’s been a similar argument made 10 years ago about them using email rather than sending a letter. Times change - and we’re customers of a fairly cutting edge technology (EVs) - so it’s not surprising they’re harnessing the power of social media to communicate.

The implication that Facebook is "cutting edge" is amusing. Almost nobody under 40 uses Facebook. Admittedly that catches most of the ID.3 demographic, but Facebook is most certainly not "the future". It is the past.
Turquoise

Post by Turquoise »

MotMot wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:14 am So. Has ANYONE had an invite yet for 2.4??
I've seen one person on FB say they're booked in for it towards the end of July.
Family PP (Turquoise with East Derry alloys)
Ordered Oct '21 (Tusker/Marshall Fleet)
Built '22 wk33, delivered wk41

Zappi 7kW Black tethered
4.5kWp solar with 7.5kWh battery

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/sunny-sun-45
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

MattBCL wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:50 am I’m sure there’s been a similar argument made 10 years ago about them using email rather than sending a letter. Times change - and we’re customers of a fairly cutting edge technology (EVs) - so it’s not surprising they’re harnessing the power of social media to communicate. I’m no fan of social media but accept it’s the future. It’s easier surely just to get a FB account and join in?
Using Facebook to facilitate surveys and gather feedback from your most loyal supporters is one thing.

Using it as your sole communication tool for issues that will affect virtually your entire customer base is just f’ing stupid.
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
ItshardtobuyId3

Post by ItshardtobuyId3 »

Using Facebook is pretty lame. They have my email address and are able to send me information about things like the ID Buzz, so why not this.

I’ve got a fb but never log on to it anymore, I hate it. What’s next, announcing thing via Snapchat and instagram, if the want to keep things bang up to date.
ID3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White
East Derry alloys
Driver Assistance pack
[traded in for]
Cupra Born V1 with Typhoon Alloys - Aurora Blue - Tech pack L
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

ItshardtobuyId3 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:13 pm Using Facebook is pretty lame. They have my email address and are able to send me information about things like the ID Buzz, so why not this.

I’ve got a fb but never log on to it anymore, I hate it. What’s next, announcing thing via Snapchat and instagram, if the want to keep things bang up to date.
They only sent you info on the Buzz to get you interested in buying one. VW are the same as any other retailer. Once they’ve sold you something, they lose interest. About a week after I bought our ID3, our dealer sent me a message asking me if it was now time to trade in for something new. Computer says……………
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

rikimaru wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:17 pm
MattBCL wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:50 am I’m sure there’s been a similar argument made 10 years ago about them using email rather than sending a letter. Times change - and we’re customers of a fairly cutting edge technology (EVs) - so it’s not surprising they’re harnessing the power of social media to communicate. I’m no fan of social media but accept it’s the future. It’s easier surely just to get a FB account and join in?
Using Facebook to facilitate surveys and gather feedback from your most loyal supporters is one thing.

Using it as your sole communication tool for issues that will affect virtually your entire customer base is just f’ing stupid.
ItshardtobuyId3 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:13 pm Using Facebook is pretty lame. They have my email address and are able to send me information about things like the ID Buzz, so why not this.

They're not using Facebook as their sole communication tool it clearly states you will be contacted directly. They will email owners, but Facebook is a convenient method of getting a heads up.. You haven't missed out on anything by not seeing the Facebook announcement and it won't move you down the queue, it's just to make people aware the campaign is starting. (Must be ancillary to the quarterly update program).

Cars change hands, people change email address, using multiple outlets for awareness makes sense.
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

The obvious communication channels for VW would be email, the WeConnectID app (don’t laugh) and probably the VW press release website.
I suspect I’m one of a growing number of people who see social media as a toxic dung heap best avoided…

I have my car booked in on 15th July to correct a fault, I’ll ring them soon about the possibility of 2.4 (hoping VW have told them what’s going on by then).
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

This VW website now says you should book your appointment by contacting your dealer :lol:
I'll probably contact ours on a couple of weeks if we haven't heard anything but don't particularly want to be first.
Edit, forgot the link:
https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/owners- ... e-2-4.html
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

sidehaas wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:47 pm This VW website now says you should book your appointment by contacting your dealer :lol:
I'll probably contact ours on a couple of weeks if we haven't heard anything but don't particularly want to be first.
Edit, forgot the link:
https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/owners- ... e-2-4.html
Does this “left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing” approach bode well for the actual update?