Software 3.1

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Chris

Post by Chris »

When we was in the dealers on Friday they said that all the dealers got the details on Friday and would be taking bookings from this week to start soon

Ours is the end of the month

Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

I don't use Facebook and think it is terrible VW use it to communicate with ID3 owners.
I have to rely on this forum to find out what is going on, but VW do have my email address and know how to use it as this email I received today shows.

Screenshot 2022-07-09 104026.png

I guess they only want to speak to me when they think there is a chance of getting some money from me. I guess I shouldn't be surprised really but it leaves a bad taste.
Mister MMT

Post by Mister MMT »

In case it was not mentioned elsewhere on this forum, and since it may be of interest to people in the UK waiting for their ordered ID.3, I report here that in Germany, a bunch of such people (me included) got informed on myVolkswagen, of an upgrade to my2023, implying at the least SW 3.1 and the larger 12" central display. SW 3.1 got excellent comments from several YT testers. Bidirectional charging, however, will only be available for the 77 kWh battery.

Jan
e-Up! Style 32kWh since February 2020
ID.3 Pro Performance since December 2022
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

Mister MMT wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:41 am In case it was not mentioned elsewhere on this forum, and since it may be of interest to people in the UK waiting for their ordered ID.3, I report here that in Germany, a bunch of such people (me included) got informed on myVolkswagen, of an upgrade to my2023, implying at the least SW 3.1 and the larger 12" central display. SW 3.1 got excellent comments from several YT testers. Bidirectional charging, however, will only be available for the 77 kWh battery.

Jan
Did it just say MY23? The changes in MY23 are known and for ID3 is a change of paint colour. Of course if it does hint of the other things then do let us know, but if it's just said the number then that is unrelated to the other things mentioned.

I would imagine the screen would come around the same time as the ID3 GTX, which is already very late 2023.
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
Mister MMT

Post by Mister MMT »

It may be different in the UK, but on myVolkswagen.de, accessible only for german orders, it is stated I'll be getting a model-year 2023, including "Software Verbund 8" meaning at the least version 3.1, Radio "Ready to Discover Max, meaning the 12" display of the ID.4, VWD Modellwechsel. It also includes the modifications of MY2022.5.

Using an online translator, you can read about all this here: https://www.meinid.com/thread/94-wann-k ... post121487 . Look for the messages from July 9th on.

This has no relation to the 2023 facelift, that will come later!

Jan
e-Up! Style 32kWh since February 2020
ID.3 Pro Performance since December 2022
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

Mister MMT wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:27 am including "Software Verbund 8" meaning at the least version 3.1, Radio "Ready to Discover Max, meaning the 12" display of the ID.4, VWD Modellwechsel.
Thank you
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus