Software 3.1

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Battery Life has just put up a video of the new charging curve with software 3.0 and the 77kwh battery. Looks like a brilliant improvement if people with an ID3 Tour get the same - over 100kw all way to past 70%.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.

rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Is getting 2.4 still a prerequisite for 3.0/3.1?

Do we need to take our cars to the dealer if we have the new 12v battery?
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Yes. 2.4 update is a workshop update. This needs to be completed by your dealer and then 3.0 will follow as an OTA update but time scales are in the air again due to the postponement of the rollout of 2.4.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Newfie wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:40 am Yes. 2.4 update is a workshop update. This needs to be completed by your dealer and then 3.0 will follow as an OTA update but time scales are in the air again due to the postponement of the rollout of 2.4.
How do we stay up to date on the rollout of 2.4? Is there a VW mailing list?
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

rikimaru wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:44 am
Newfie wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:40 am Yes. 2.4 update is a workshop update. This needs to be completed by your dealer and then 3.0 will follow as an OTA update but time scales are in the air again due to the postponement of the rollout of 2.4.
Unfortunately VW do not give any info out at all. I believe the original planned rollout for 2.4 should have happened by now but no one knows when it will be.
The original timescale VW put out for 3.0 update was by the end of June but that is now looking very doubtful.
I know this thread is titled software 3.1 but we will not see this until 2023.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Newfie wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:56 am
rikimaru wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:44 am
Unfortunately VW do not give any info out at all. I believe the original planned rollout for 2.4 should have happened by now but no one knows when it will be.
The original timescale VW put out for 3.0 update was by the end of June but that is now looking very doubtful.
I know this thread is titled software 3.1 but we will not see this until 2023.

I'm with Newfie on this; I don't think anyone is seeing OTA upgrades to 3.x this year.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Big277wave

Post by Big277wave »

I do hope you're wrong on this one. The fact 3.0 ID.3 cars are coming out of the factory and 3.1 is in the demo ID.5's makes me more hopefull that they'll release the update shortly. I'd have though that they would be keen to get all of those 12V batteries in dealerships fitted in cars before they self discharge and deteriorate. It's just a shame that VW's communication is so appalling.

In a perfect world they would tell me when my car's going to be built and update me if they have to shift it due to unforseen reasons, perhaps even given me access to an app to track its build myself.

I'll go back to cloud cuckoo land now!
1st Ed turquoise, white interior, 9/2020
Family Pro preformance, Makena turquoise, Andoya alloys
Ordered 22/9/ 2021 replacing 1st Ed which has been unreliable
Order No 31364***, pre order from July 2021
Status 70 on 25/11/22, build wk38
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

I had the impression that the 3.0 rollout would start imminently once 2.4 is done. Of course that doesn't mean a huge amount because: (1) 2.4 hasn't started yet and it's bound to take several months to get through all the cars on the road I'd have thought?, (2) once the 3.0 rollout begins it could easily take several months to complete, noting how long it took between the beginning of the 2.3 rollout and the point at which the majority of people (not all!) had it. Based on the information available I think most of us will get it this year, probably, but not for a while yet. I can't imagine getting 3.1 until next year.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

And of course there is also there is the possibility that 3.0 gets scrapped and they go straight to 3.1 and as for 3.1 Chris from BL has already said that will not be till next year.
The speed VW work at on these things I'm not expecting anything very soon.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

So 2.4 is delayed until who knows when.. I doubt before Q4 this year leading to another winter of poor range (if indeed 2.4 is being used to do the firmware update for the heating thresholds)
Then VW will point out that 3.x is immenent and so to reduce disruption to it's customers (as they are always doing it for us) they will pull the 3.0 update in order to move to 3.1
By Q3 2023 they will announce compatibility issues.. 3.anything will vaporise for early cars.
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

To a degree 3.0 and 3.1 are cosmetic changes to 99% of the ID.3's out there at the moment. 2.4 is the more important one for many. So when 3.x ever comes I'm not too bothered about but I would like 2.4 to be carried out very soon.
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Newfie wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:59 pm To a degree 3.0 and 3.1 are cosmetic changes to 99% of the ID.3's out there at the moment. 2.4 is the more important one for many. So when 3.x ever comes I'm not too bothered about but I would like 2.4 to be carried out very soon.
What if they delayed 2.4 so they can add in retrofitting those side sensors?

Who am I kidding :lol:
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

rikimaru wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:14 pm

Think you might need to keep out of the sun a little more. :D
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Newfie wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:56 pm
rikimaru wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:14 pm

Think you might need to keep out of the sun a little more. :D
Haha it's not that crazy to think this though. I remember reading something around the time they announced 2.4 that VW will consider updating the hardware for existing cars in order to enable new features. Can't say for sure if this is something they'll definitely do but they've received the feedback and at least are aware of the concerns.
MartienID3

Post by MartienID3 »

I received my ID3 Pro 2 weeks ago from the dealer with software version 3.0.0 installed.
Everything seems to work fine, except for the ID light.
The dealer hasn't delivered ID's with 3.0.0 before and can't tell me why the ID light is not working.
They are working on it. We'll see what happens
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

MartienID3 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:22 pm I received my ID3 Pro 2 weeks ago from the dealer with software version 3.0.0 installed.
Everything seems to work fine, except for the ID light.
The dealer hasn't delivered ID's with 3.0.0 before and can't tell me why the ID light is not working.
They are working on it. We'll see what happens
Hey! Welcome to the forum :D Which trim do you have?

Sorry to hear that the ID light isn't working. Frustrating having a new car with broken features.

Have you checked the settings to make sure the ID light toggle is on or tried adjusting the brightness?
TheMack

Post by TheMack »

So 2.4 is a workshop update ? Would your dealership then contact you to get this done, or is this an 'Optional update' thing that they end up charging for ?

Also wondering if 2.4 has anything in it in the way of doing something with the screen behind the steering wheel as 33% of the screen on mine is pure black screen with nothing on it, enlarging the lane assist feels off as the speedo is then not central. Just feels really weird to not be able to have something else there and have so much unused real-estate.
ID.3 Family Pro 58kWh
Ordered Sep 2021
Delivered May 2022
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

TheMack wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 1:30 pm So 2.4 is a workshop update ? Would your dealership then contact you to get this done, or is this an 'Optional update' thing that they end up charging for ?

Also wondering if 2.4 has anything in it in the way of doing something with the screen behind the steering wheel as 33% of the screen on mine is pure black screen with nothing on it, enlarging the lane assist feels off as the speedo is then not central. Just feels really weird to not be able to have something else there and have so much unused real-estate.
There is more information on the battery icon on 3.0 and a whole new battery/trip information screen on 3.1. 2.4, as I understand it, really is just an update that allows OTA updates to 3.0.
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

TheMack wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 1:30 pm So 2.4 is a workshop update ? Would your dealership then contact you to get this done, or is this an 'Optional update' thing that they end up charging for ?

I've been told that the dealership will contact you when it's time to bring your car in.

And yeah the driver display is quite bare in terms of information (the bezels really don't help). But 3.1 adds more information and I think now that VW have gotten the absolutely essential updates out of the way we could expect more useful stuff in there.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

mediaguy wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 1:35 pm

There is more information on the battery icon on 3.0 and a whole new battery/trip information screen on 3.1. 2.4, as I understand it, really is just an update that allows OTA updates to 3.0.
The empty part of the screen is for the Sat nav guidance, or as you've suggested you can enlarge the two already present parts.
The car is already capable of OTA updates. 2.1 - 2.3 was OTA.
2.4 isn't an update for the screen. 2.4 is a recall to replace the 12 volt battery with a more 'better' one so there should be no cost, avoiding all the usual other hard sells from VW when they get your car, Tyres, Brake pads and Discs and I am sure they'll find other things wrong with it.
Not sure of the details of the battery but apparently the update to 3.0 (or whatever we get) will take so long VW were worried the 12v battery wouldn't survive. I did ask the question some time ago about why a standard 12v Cold start cranking type battery was used for a car with what were effectively leisure battery needs. 2.4 was also supposed to be a firmware update for the module that controls the battery heater and it's start stop thresholds, this was to lower the temperature at which the heater came on and therefore help with winter efficiency, so it would be nice to see 2.4 prior to October.