Software 3.1

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
camsoft2000

Post by camsoft2000 »

Does anyone have information about when 3.1 might be available to cars running 3.0. My ID.4 came with 3.0 from factory but some features like the shop and downloadable apps are not available yet.
Original order : ID.3 Family 58kWh Pro Performance. *Cancelled*

Subsequent order: Polestar 2 pre-config *cancelled*

Current car: 2022 ID.4 Style 58kWh, s/w 3.0

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Scratch wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:04 pm
sidehaas wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:47 pm This VW website now says you should book your appointment by contacting your dealer :lol:
I'll probably contact ours on a couple of weeks if we haven't heard anything but don't particularly want to be first.
Edit, forgot the link:
https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/owners- ... e-2-4.html
Does this “left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing” approach bode well for the actual update?
I was wondering whether they want most customers to contact the dealers but prefer if the more annoying members of the Facebook group stay away as long as possible! But that's probably giving VW too much credit.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

sidehaas wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:19 pm
Scratch wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:04 pm
sidehaas wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:47 pm This VW website now says you should book your appointment by contacting your dealer :lol:
I'll probably contact ours on a couple of weeks if we haven't heard anything but don't particularly want to be first.
Edit, forgot the link:
Does this “left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing” approach bode well for the actual update?
I was wondering whether they want most customers to contact the dealers but prefer if the more annoying members of the Facebook group stay away as long as possible! But that's probably giving VW too much credit.
Good point
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

camsoft2000 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:41 pm Does anyone have information about when 3.1 might be available to cars running 3.0. My ID.4 came with 3.0 from factory but some features like the shop and downloadable apps are not available yet.
There's no evidence to suggest 3.1 even exists.
camsoft2000

Post by camsoft2000 »

G43FAN wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:37 am
camsoft2000 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:41 pm Does anyone have information about when 3.1 might be available to cars running 3.0. My ID.4 came with 3.0 from factory but some features like the shop and downloadable apps are not available yet.
Doesn’t the OP’s video not confirm 3.1?
Original order : ID.3 Family 58kWh Pro Performance. *Cancelled*

Subsequent order: Polestar 2 pre-config *cancelled*

Current car: 2022 ID.4 Style 58kWh, s/w 3.0
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

camsoft2000 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:40 am
G43FAN wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:37 am
Doesn’t the OP’s video not confirm 3.1?
OK so my response is a bit glib, but as this is an ID.3 forum where people are either still waiting for their cars, or still waiting for VW to deliver updates. (2.3 or 2.4) 3.1 is pretty unlikely to arrive any time soon unless pre installed. The car in the video is a pre production (I think) ID.5 GTX, there's no suggestion that whatever software is on that car is going to make it's way onto all other IDs there has already been an ID.4 only version of the software (2.2?). Has anyone confirmed software version on new ID.5s in the showrooms. I went to look at one but the dealership didn't have one available.
I think VW are saying that the ID.5 comes with V2G capability, this I asume would necessitate a different software version anyway. I think VW have no real idea of what they are getting into, multiple models with different capabilities but they seemed to think it would all be run on 1 software version!

With further regard to my scepticism this is VW they told us excitedly about 2.4 in Novemeber last year, and then started talking about 3.0. Nine months later 2.4 is still not delivered and in fact it was withdrawn to be re-written in that time. Cars went from being delivered with 2.1 to 2.3 and now 3.0. Has anyone verified a 2.4 install on a delivered car? If 3.1 was ready and applicable to ID.3s why aren't we seeing it on new cars?

Battery Life used to provide a good insight into the cars when they first came out but his popularity has led to him being fed all sorts of info by VW to suit their agendas and Chris pings between being an over excited schoolboy with a new toy to VW Corporate announcment from video to video. (I don't blame him, he gets access to a lot of toys that way)
C Nile

Post by C Nile »

So this morning I contacted my VW dealer from whom I purchased the car last July, Hayseldens of Doncaster, and the guy I asked about VWs announcement of 2.4etc, knows absolutely nothing about my car needing a replacement battery and module change. But low and behold 2 minutes later he phoned back and states another better informed guy says the update is known about and they will contact me Monday 11th to book me in for the work to be done. He apologised for the misinformation he had given
Left hand/right hand init
Life Pro Performance, 58Kw, Manganese Grey,
19"Andoyas. Picked up 9 July 21 from local VW with 2.1 updated to 2.3 Oct.
7 Kw Pod Point Solo 2, now a solo 3 after new pcb fitted.
SDH7

Post by SDH7 »

3.1 is alive and well over the pond - all latest ID4's (presume ID3's also) are coming with software 3.1.

Can't help but feel it'll happen for those on 3.0 pretty soon if they're already deploying it, albeit it seems manually rather than OTA.
ID4 Life Pure
Status 30 as of 16/06
NHS Fleet Order from VW Pulman
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

Just rang my dealer about combining my 15th July ID3 repair with the 2.4 update.
You will be surprised to hear that they know nothing about a 2.4 update and it’s not on their update system…
Usual clown show.
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
smuj

Post by smuj »

Ditto. My dealership knows nothing. Emailed the manager to ask for clarification but he’s on leave until the 14th

I’ve been a VW owner for about 40 years but think it’s time to move on next renewal. Sigh!
Smuj

I’m an analogue man in a digital world
———————————————————————————————————
Family Pro Performance 58KW. Stonewashed Blue, East Derry wheels.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

OB1CCFC wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:24 am Just rang my dealer about combining my 15th July ID3 repair with the 2.4 update.
You will be surprised to hear that they know nothing about a 2.4 update and it’s not on their update system…
Usual clown show.
Did you tell them to have a look at the VW website?
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

Scratch wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:35 am
OB1CCFC wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:24 am Just rang my dealer about combining my 15th July ID3 repair with the 2.4 update.
Usual clown show.
Did you tell them to have a look at the VW website?
Yes I did. She didn’t really know what to say.
All she could suggest was to raise it when I bring the car in.
It brings a few issues, ie. They should pay for the loaner for the 2.4 recall, and my repair is for the SOS error which might be corrected anyway via 2.4 work on my 1st edition.
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
VengefulSeal

Post by VengefulSeal »

I just tried my local dealer in Cardiff - they know about it, but only had the info themselves today and can't book anyone in. I was told to call back end of next week.

Not that we can't do them yet, but we can book you in for a few weeks time and we will be ready by then, no - that would be customer service for you... Not from my VW dealer...

Bit of background to my sarcasm - I had an Arteon last time and 5 visits to fix an issue with the microphone and emergency call box in the roof ended without a fix before the lease ended. I did get a case of free wine out of them, but no fix for the actual issue
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Oh my - a classic. I just filled in the form and submitted - and 1 min later I get a call…

From sales 🤦‍♂️

Apparently that’s where the enquiries are being sent! Second one today he said!
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

MotMot wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:16 am Oh my - a classic. I just filled in the form and submitted - and 1 min later I get a call…

From sales 🤦‍♂️

They wouldn't be implying that it would be better to buy a new car, rather than to get the update for your existing car, would they?
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Scratch wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:19 am
MotMot wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:16 am Oh my - a classic. I just filled in the form and submitted - and 1 min later I get a call…

From sales 🤦‍♂️

They wouldn't be implying that it would be better to buy a new car, rather than to get the update for your existing car, would they?
EIther implying or hoping.. or both.
I've acvtually got no real complaints about mine, I have managed timed charging via a Smart charger with no issues so all I really wany is the improved efficiency element .. but the lack of ability to organise the proverbial in a brewery is worrying.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

I know I shouldn’t have but I rang my “dealer” about this update. They took the reg number and said there are no updates ready or pending. They know nothing about any 2.4 update. I asked if they had seen the VW website, and they said they don’t need to, as their “direct connection” with VW was more accurate. Go figure!
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Several people on the UK ID3 Facebook group this afternoon reporting they now have appointments with their dealers for 2.4, in late July or early August. It seems some dealers are much more clued up than others.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

sidehaas wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:33 pm Several people on the UK ID3 Facebook group this afternoon reporting they now have appointments with their dealers for 2.4, in late July or early August. It seems some dealers are much more clued up than others.
In response to one individual saying that they were going to wait until it was T&T, I've seen claims that several people have already had it installed!!
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

Edit, forgot the link:
I had my car into the dealer today for a minor fix. As I was checking it in I asked if they knew when the 2.4 update and 12V battery replacement was likely to happen and they claimed to know nothing about it.
Might go back tomorrow and show them this. What a shambles they are.