Software update UK

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
disorg

Post by disorg »

Bought a new ID3 in June. Car was showing as offline for over a week last month. Lots of calls to dealer (who know nothing) and VW (who know not much more). In the end the car just came back online before anyone could tell me anything.

Two things that VW did tell me (two weeks later when I called them) is that there was an outage of their servers - which is likely why the car was offline and that my car is on the wrong version of the software (2.1). They said I would need to get it updated by the dealer..

Called dealer today. They said they don’t need to bring my car in, that they don’t know hat version of the software I am on but if I wanted it updated - I would need to book it in for FOUR days….

VW don’t know what they are doing on the software side. Surely all updates should just be OTA… what’s all this “bring it in to the dealer” ? And what software update in any world takes four days to apply?

Bemused by VW Customer Care….

the.kes

Post by the.kes »

disorg wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 2:45 pm Bought a new ID3 in June. Car was showing as offline for over a week last month. Lots of calls to dealer (who know nothing) and VW (who know not much more). In the end the car just came back online before anyone could tell me anything.

Two things that VW did tell me (two weeks later when I called them) is that there was an outage of their servers - which is likely why the car was offline and that my car is on the wrong version of the software (2.1). They said I would need to get it updated by the dealer..

Called dealer today. They said they don’t need to bring my car in, that they don’t know hat version of the software I am on but if I wanted it updated - I would need to book it in for FOUR days….

VW don’t know what they are doing on the software side. Surely all updates should just be OTA… what’s all this “bring it in to the dealer” ? And what software update in any world takes four days to apply?

Bemused by VW Customer Care….
Probably using Windows DOS to save money.
Family Pro-Performance, Manganese Grey, East Derry alloys.
Commission 314710**
Ordered 16/09/2021
Collected 19/10/2022
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

The ‘Offline’’ problem occurs occasionally and is usually a VW backend problem. (My ID3 is 18 months old and I’ve had it 3 or 4 times, worse outage 1 week).
I don’t believe anyone can do anything to resolve the issue besides the central VW software infrastructure bods. And we know how good they are…
They need to do a lot better.
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.