Cost of insurance.

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Mikek18mdh

Post by Mikek18mdh »

I am due to get my new car in a week or so will need to amend my policy.
Can I expect a lower cost and any recommendations for best companies to deal with, I’m currently with the RAC.

MotMot

Post by MotMot »

LV were best for me.
Griff

Post by Griff »

I found the cost about the same as my previous ICE. But obviously depends on many factors..
:: ID.3 Life Pro :: Manganese Grey :: East Derry Alloys :: Tow Hitch ::
January 2022.
Pod Point Solo 3 Home Charger.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

So many variables - age, location, no of years driving, convictions, NCD, mileage, whether you do work miles. We're with Admiral for our 2 ID3s and house on a multi cover policy and it was £759 for all 3 the cars were £225 each. Our house insurance went up £80 but as they contributed £1850 towards a new boiler after storm Arwen help wreck our 20 year old one that came with the house when built, I can't complain.

How much cheaper it could be than your old car depends on what you're coming from. The ACC system as standard drastically reduces risk of rear ending a car, so if you didn't have ACC on your current/last car, I'd expect a reduction, all other things being equal.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Braddad9

Post by Braddad9 »

Weird lol, my insurance quotes have all been higher…
Coming from a 1.4 Corsa is probably why though - I imagine this is a much higher insurance group with quick 0-60 and more bhp.
I guess it mainly Depends what car you come from?
ID3 Max Pro Performance - Scale Silver
Order: 3140****
Original ETA - Late April/Early May
Delivery scheduled - 18 May 2022
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

For what it's worth we were coming from a 1.6 petrol Astra (which we traded in) and a diesel VRS Octavia (still have); the ID3 is more expensive than either of them to insure. I was a bit surprised it was more than the Octavia but we are still only talking £400 for both of us on it. I think it's probably because the value is so much higher (other cars 8/9 years old) and we are both low risk drivers with lots of NCB so the premium is probably weighted more towards the risk of theft or damage from vandalism or something than it would have been before...so many variables.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
tomstring

Post by tomstring »

I’m going from my Ateca 1.5 DSG xcellence lux to same car as you next week for £60 more for the rest of the year for both of us. Renewal was only a couple of weeks ago.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

sidehaas wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:24 pm For what it's worth we were coming from a 1.6 petrol Astra (which we traded in) and a diesel VRS Octavia (still have); the ID3 is more expensive than either of them to insure. I was a bit surprised it was more than the Octavia but we are still only talking £400 for both of us on it. I think it's probably because the value is so much higher (other cars 8/9 years old) and we are both low risk drivers with lots of NCB so the premium is probably weighted more towards the risk of theft or damage from vandalism or something than it would have been before...so many variables.
The age/value of your old car will be a significant factor - dar cheaper to repair a £6k prang on a £35k car than write off a car worth £9k because it had a £6k prang. If the ID3 is a big step up in car cost for you, the difference will be noticeable, for those swapping a £30k car for a £30k car, you might nit see much of a difference.

HP isn't always a big factor, depends on the car - although it's as quick as a Golf GTD on paper (and quicker in practice as you have instant torque with no delay in DSG deciding which hear to be in and making that change), its no hot hatch, and has no pretensions to be. On that consideration, I'd expect the Cupra Born to be significantly more expensive than the ID3 to insure.

When I changed my Golf GTD for a Golf R (184ps >300ps), my insurance cane down by £12pa,with no change in my NCD status. So nany factors come into lay and we're only aware of the most obvious ones.

TimF

Post by TimF »

My previous insurer (NFU Mutual) quoted what seemed a LOT, so I looked at other companies which were Which? recommended. Ended up with LV, whose policy looks fine, and premium was very competitive. No problems transferring over a protected NCD.
davmatjo

Post by davmatjo »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:47 am
sidehaas wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:24 pm For what it's worth we were coming from a 1.6 petrol Astra (which we traded in) and a diesel VRS Octavia (still have); the ID3 is more expensive than either of them to insure. I was a bit surprised it was more than the Octavia but we are still only talking £400 for both of us on it. I think it's probably because the value is so much higher (other cars 8/9 years old) and we are both low risk drivers with lots of NCB so the premium is probably weighted more towards the risk of theft or damage from vandalism or something than it would have been before...so many variables.
The age/value of your old car will be a significant factor - dar cheaper to repair a £6k prang on a £35k car than write off a car worth £9k because it had a £6k prang. If the ID3 is a big step up in car cost for you, the difference will be noticeable, for those swapping a £30k car for a £30k car, you might nit see much of a difference.

HP isn't always a big factor, depends on the car - although it's as quick as a Golf GTD on paper (and quicker in practice as you have instant torque with no delay in DSG deciding which hear to be in and making that change), its no hot hatch, and has no pretensions to be. On that consideration, I'd expect the Cupra Born to be significantly more expensive than the ID3 to insure.

When I changed my Golf GTD for a Golf R (184ps >300ps), my insurance cane down by £12pa,with no change in my NCD status. So nany factors come into lay and we're only aware of the most obvious ones.
I believe the cupra born is pretty much identical to the ID.3 Pro Performance in terms of insurance. They are both group 25.
tomstring

Post by tomstring »

I’m with LV and switching on Tuesday from my Ateca 1.5 DSG xcellence lux to a Family Pro Performance is an extra £60 for the remaining 11 months including a £15 admin fee. LV policies for EV include free recovery to a charge point if you run out of power with affecting no claims.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

tomstring wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 5:48 am I’m with LV and switching on Tuesday from my Ateca 1.5 DSG xcellence lux to a Family Pro Performance is an extra £60 for the remaining 11 months including a £15 admin fee. LV policies for EV include free recovery to a charge point if you run out of power with affecting no claims.
VW recovery (that you get with the car for 3 years) also provides you with a short boost and recovery to a charging point.

tomstring

Post by tomstring »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:50 am
tomstring wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 5:48 am I’m with LV and switching on Tuesday from my Ateca 1.5 DSG xcellence lux to a Family Pro Performance is an extra £60 for the remaining 11 months including a £15 admin fee. LV policies for EV include free recovery to a charge point if you run out of power with affecting no claims.
VW recovery (that you get with the car for 3 years) also provides you with a short boost and recovery to a charging point.
Thanks. I’ve also heard a rumour that VW are planning to launch a temporary power pack to get you going a short distance at the end of the year. It was mentioned at the ID5 press brief to one of the YouTubers that I follow.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

VW’s own insurance were only £5 more than LV - they were very competitive and decent to deal with. Nearly went for them…
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

MotMot wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:05 pm VW’s own insurance were only £5 more than LV - they were very competitive and decent to deal with. Nearly went for them…
For a fiver, I would've done. They're (Zurich) not competitive for ne, nor are Direct line - you'll find some insurers seem to favour certain regions.

meeraj

Post by meeraj »

Shannons is the one i'm using and satisfied with their services. GBWhatsApp APK