ID3 trip to southern Germany

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

Back in England now.
Went to the Coquelles Ionity. About a mile from Eurotunnel in the grounds of the holiday Inn. Totally empty but modern and good, no facilities unless you can go into the hotel (I didn’t ask). Certainly a better option than the utterly grim Veurne Ionity!
Coming out of the tunnel in England straight onto 15 miles of roadworks. Went to Maidstone Ionity and had the first card verification failure, moved to another charger and it was fine. Also toilets out of action. Good old Blighty!!
Would be interested in anyone else doing any tours and their experiences.
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.

Jimmybones100

Post by Jimmybones100 »

Just came back from Spain after driving through France,was surprised how few electric cars are both in Spain and France,only saw 2 Model 3 Teslas and 1 ioniq 5 in France,both with UK number plates and 1 ID3 and Tesla in Madrid Spain.
On this occasion I was driving my Kia Niro plug-in but am going again August with my ID3 Tour S which has just arrived at my dealer after waiting for 10 months,any tips on charging in France?
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

Jimmybones100 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:37 am Just came back from Spain after driving through France,was surprised how few electric cars are both in Spain and France,only saw 2 Model 3 Teslas and 1 ioniq 5 in France,both with UK number plates and 1 ID3 and Tesla in Madrid Spain.
On this occasion I was driving my Kia Niro plug-in but am going again August with my ID3 Tour S which has just arrived at my dealer after waiting for 10 months,any tips on charging in France?
I did get an Izivia card (EDF) for France incase I needed some local charging, I didn’t. It covers Allegro (a prominent trunk road network) and Freshmile (more local suburban less reliable network) and a wide range of other supermarket chargers.
But I’m sure others have a lot more France experience!
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
baguette

Post by baguette »

I've crossed France twice (north-south, south-north) and have used exclusively Ionity chargers. Wasn't specifically picking Ionity, but along my route, they were handy. Fastned has a few locations in France, and I found them to be very good in Germany. They're not on WeCharge, but rather use their own app (or direct payment). If one happens to fall in a good spot on your route, give it a try.
Jimmybones100

Post by Jimmybones100 »

How much is ionity on wecharge ?
baguette

Post by baguette »

Jimmybones100 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:32 am How much is ionity on wecharge ?

WeCharge rate depends on the subscription you have, and possibly even depends on the country of your subscription. Mine is priced in Euros, and I'm assuming you are UK based, so I'd suggest you consult https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/electri ... html#plans, or maybe someone else on the forum can give you a better answer.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

With no special deal it's 69p/kWh, same as the Ionity app rate with no subscription. Wecharge subscriptions are available that reduce the price - I have one that brings it down to 45p/kWh but which has been discontinued (it is 55c/kWh in France according to the app). There is one that brings it down to 25p/kWh for a monthly fee. You can get Ionity at 35p/kWh through Bonnet now apparently.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
duckworthsj

Post by duckworthsj »

sidehaas wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:18 pm Interesting. Confidence-inspiring for continental Ionity charging.
I was surprised how few EVs I saw in France in April. Just a few Teslas, one Amie and a (British) Enyaq. By contrast I was in Portugal last week and saw lots - although no VWs that I remember.
I guess it depends on which area of France. Also I think hybrids have been more popular.
There are quite a lot of pure EV in our area, and increasing quickly. Mostly Zoe and Tesla 3s and Hyundais,
Today driving between 2 local towns, we had a convoy of a Zoe, Kia EV6, our ID3 and a Tesla 3 at the rear.
Maybe they have a herd instinct :D :D
Hers: ID3 204ch Pro Performance Denim Blue Black Roof. East Derry alloys, Pack Comfort Plus, Pack Assistance Plus.
His: Mini Cooper S-Electric 184ch ‘Yours’ (UK Level 3) Chili Red, Black Pack, Heat Reflective Windows… And lots of fun
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

duckworthsj wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:32 pm
sidehaas wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:18 pm Interesting. Confidence-inspiring for continental Ionity charging.
I was surprised how few EVs I saw in France in April. Just a few Teslas, one Amie and a (British) Enyaq. By contrast I was in Portugal last week and saw lots - although no VWs that I remember.
I guess it depends on which area of France. Also I think hybrids have been more popular.
There are quite a lot of pure EV in our area, and increasing quickly. Mostly Zoe and Tesla 3s and Hyundais,
Today driving between 2 local towns, we had a convoy of a Zoe, Kia EV6, our ID3 and a Tesla 3 at the rear.
Maybe they have a herd instinct :D :D

Slipstreaming for efficiency? 👍
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203