Torque Alliance or Plugear?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but does anyone recommend either of the above? And does anyone know if there are additional customs import costs to the UK?

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

I remember one being marginally cheaper than the other. If the order is under something like €150 and local VAT is paid, it shouldn't attract additional VAT and duty should not be paid. You ordering door grab handle and central console covers?
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
steviebabes

Post by steviebabes »

I ordered mud flaps from Torque Alliance, they came in 3 days and no extra to pay.
ID3 Life Pro Performance Glacier White Andoya 19in Alloys
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:20 pm I remember one being marginally cheaper than the other. If the order is under something like €150 and local VAT is paid, it shouldn't attract additional VAT and duty should not be paid. You ordering door grab handle and central console covers?
Thanks all for your replies. Believe it or not, I am thinking of ordering the key fob covers. Mad I know, but for some crazy reason I keep touching/pressing the emergency key release button and the remote falls on the floor. From what I can see on their web sites, it looks as if the covers do cover the release button.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

My key fobs are starting to look worse for wear after 11 months…
itsmeGAV

Post by itsmeGAV »

They're pretty much the same company and work together on almost everything, can recommend both companies!
2021 Life Pro Performance - Manganese Grey - 19" Andoyas - Software 2.3 - SOLD July 2022.
dodders

Post by dodders »

Scratch wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 5:10 pm
monkeyhanger wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:20 pm I remember one being marginally cheaper than the other. If the order is under something like €150 and local VAT is paid, it shouldn't attract additional VAT and duty should not be paid. You ordering door grab handle and central console covers?
Thanks all for your replies. Believe it or not, I am thinking of ordering the key fob covers. Mad I know, but for some crazy reason I keep touching/pressing the emergency key release button and the remote falls on the floor. From what I can see on their web sites, it looks as if the covers do cover the release button.
My ID.3 came with one of these covers from Amazon and so purchased a white one for the spare, fit great and for £3.59 cant go wrong.
vanb

Post by vanb »

Thank you for the recommendation dodders. I’ve just ordered a fob cover for my ID.3 from Amazon. There are a lot to choose from. I ordered a blue one with a black stripe down it. Due to the colour, it was slightly more expensive than your recommendation but hopefully it will still be okay.

Talking of key fobs, I’ve driven Audi cars for years before my ID.3 and always changed the battery myself in the fob as it was easy to do. I’ve not managed to work out how to get to the battery in the ID.3 fob! Am I missing something or will I need to take it to VW dealership for them to change once it has run down?

Can anyone advise? Thanks.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

vanb wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:54 am Thank you for the recommendation dodders. I’ve just ordered a fob cover for my ID.3 from Amazon. There are a lot to choose from. I ordered a blue one with a black stripe down it. Due to the colour, it was slightly more expensive than your recommendation but hopefully it will still be okay.

Talking of key fobs, I’ve driven Audi cars for years before my ID.3 and always changed the battery myself in the fob as it was easy to do. I’ve not managed to work out how to get to the battery in the ID.3 fob! Am I missing something or will I need to take it to VW dealership for them to change once it has run down?

Battery replacement:
https://userguide.volkswagen.de/w/en_GB ... _GB?page=1
Bengeo

Post by Bengeo »

dodders wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 10:24 pm My ID.3 came with one of these covers from Amazon and so purchased a white one for the spare, fit great and for £3.59 cant go wrong.

Can you still fit it to a key ring?
Tour 77kWh Pro S in Glacier White

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
vanb

Post by vanb »

Scratch wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:58 am
vanb wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:54 am Thank you for the recommendation dodders. I’ve just ordered a fob cover for my ID.3 from Amazon. There are a lot to choose from. I ordered a blue one with a black stripe down it. Due to the colour, it was slightly more expensive than your recommendation but hopefully it will still be okay.

Battery replacement:
https://userguide.volkswagen.de/w/en_GB ... _GB?page=1
Thank you
dodders

Post by dodders »

Bengeo wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 8:22 am
dodders wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 10:24 pm My ID.3 came with one of these covers from Amazon and so purchased a white one for the spare, fit great and for £3.59 cant go wrong.

Can you still fit it to a key ring?

20220531_100518.jpg

Bengeo

Post by Bengeo »

Thanks.
Tour 77kWh Pro S in Glacier White

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

:lol: a very good example of shit AI there.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.