WeConnectID Setup Help

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
mmdaver

Post by mmdaver »

Hi, New ID3 owner here looking for some help.

I picked up the car (finally!) earlier this week and very happy so far but am struggling with the WeConnectID app. The app will not let me do anything. The list of Mobile online services tells me that I have no active contracts for mobile online services. I've been through the process of registering an email address and entering the VIN and scanning the QR code and everything seems OK. I've read in various posts that the first 3 years of mobile connectivity is included.

I can see an option to for a free 90 day 1 GB data connection but this looks like a way to get started using data on the go. I'm only looking for basic connectivity so I can check the battery level and pre-heat the car, I'm not interested in internet radio or other services while in the car, I'm happy with my phone for that. Do I need to subscribe to this service and then reactivate every 90 days?

Thanks in advance.

Mo1

Post by Mo1 »

Hi and welcome,
I cant remember if there was a delay with my iD3 connecting to the app, but I do remember with my previous Zoe it could take 2 - 3 days yo start communicating initially.
iD3 Tour 77kWh, White 73 Plate.
Octopus energy £50 referral https://share.octopus.energy/ashen-mule-519

Octopus Juice £5 referral https://electricjuice.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=ashen-mule-519
mmdaver

Post by mmdaver »

Some more info. I did receive an email during setup that confiorms the 3 year free subscription. It's less than 2 days since I ordered so I'll see if it starts working in another few days.

Your functions and services have been activated
The Volkswagen mobile online services and functions you ordered have now been activated for you.
Details of your order
Order date: 01/06/2022
Article description: We Connect Start
Article period: 3 years
Price: 0.00 GBP
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

I don't know what the cause of your problem is but the additional data connection you were offered shouldn't be relevant, I think this is only used if you want internet radio or the ability to create a WiFi hotspot from the car's internet connection. For other purposes the connection should all be set up by default.
I assume the car itself says it is online? If not that's your problem.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
mmdaver

Post by mmdaver »

Quick update: Everything started working today so I guess there is just a lag from registration to when it starts working.