Offline woes !

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Hopeful

Post by Hopeful »

After nine months of "no faults" the car went off line on 21 May. We Connect suggested deleting and reinstalling the app, rebooting the infotainment, driving for 15 mins, exiting and locking etc. Before I could follow the instructions found myself back online on 29 May only to be offline again on 30 May! Tried the suggested fix without success. We Connect now say they have referred the problem to their technical division. Anyone know how long they take to spring into action? I'm in two minds about the fuse 19 trick - part of me feels I need to get back online asap and to give it a whirl - the other part tells me it might affect warranty and I should wait for VW's reply (who knows when). I suppose I could alsocontact the dealer? Any thoughts from those who have experienced this problem?
Life Pro 58kWh Stonewashed blue with East Derry wheels

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Sorry, just get used to it the car goes offline and online at will. I too had 9 months or more with no issues but in the last 6 months it's like it's one off one on..
Fuse 19 trick will only force it to reattempt to connect at start up, I wouldn't bother, it's becoming a magic bullet on Facebook with people pulling F19 for everything..

We Connect will do nothing specifically unfortunately, they have zero technical ability they are just there to field calls and emails.

I was going to start a thread and edit my post each time it was off then online.. Friday mine went offline after about a week online and I thought it would be down a few days but was back Yesterday.
baguette

Post by baguette »

Pulling fuse 19 has fixed the offline problem for me every time it has happened (after the first one, when I just waited it out). It won't have any effect whatsoever on your warranty.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Fuse 19. I’ve done it. Works fine.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I'm not suggesting Fuse 19 doesn't work, (for this problem), but it doesn't fix anything, the car can still be offline the next day or week. Mine is on and offline so frequently I might as well rig up a kill switch in line with Fuse 19 to make it quicker, or not bother. I am not sure the car being online provides any benefit in my case.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Having a Life model that hasn't experienced this issue (there, that's jinxed it), what are the consequences of the car going off-line?
Hopeful

Post by Hopeful »

The time it takes for the system to tell you the system is unable to load connection status and the endlessly revolving blue circle is really annoying (leaving aside the inability to receive updates).
Hopeful

Post by Hopeful »

Back on line yesterday following a message from We Connect Support saying:

"Thank you for your patience during our ongoing investigation of this issue.

We have received a response from our advanced technical team, which informed us that according to our analysis based of our internal tools, the vehicle has communicated."

Did the advanced technical team flick a switch ??????????
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Hopeful wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:51 am Back on line yesterday following a message from We Connect Support saying:

"Thank you for your patience during our ongoing investigation of this issue.

We have received a response from our advanced technical team, which informed us that according to our analysis based of our internal tools, the vehicle has communicated."

Did the advanced technical team flick a switch ??????????
I think by "advanced" they are referring to the guys sitting at the desks in front of the ones you spoke to.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

After 18 months mine is showing unable to locate connection status and where I would normally see the 4g connection on the display I just have the globe internet symbol.
Does this mean I'm now stuck in offline mode?
So far I have reloaded the App and rebooted the screen twice. No difference.
Will it affect me charging with my home charger?
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
baguette

Post by baguette »

Daveion wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:50 pm After 18 months mine is showing unable to locate connection status and where I would normally see the 4g connection on the display I just have the globe internet symbol.
Does this mean I'm now stuck in offline mode?

Yep, that's what that means. You can either wait it out (it'll fix itself in a few days) or pull fuse 19.
Will it affect me charging with my home charger?

It won't affect charging, but you won't be able to see the status in the app.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Thanks Baguette
It happened yesterday. Spotify kept loading from Android auto dropping in and out every 2 or 3 minutes. Strange after 18 months it's decided to play up. I will wait it out if it still charges.
Don't know where fuse 19 is?
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Daveion wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:03 pm Thanks Baguette
It happened yesterday. Spotify kept loading from Android auto dropping in and out every 2 or 3 minutes. Strange after 18 months it's decided to play up. I will wait it out if it still charges.
There's a specific process with regards to the cars state when pulling Fuse19 else you will get airbag warnings that will need a dealer reset. The ignition can't be on basically.

Spotify and Android Auto would not be affected by the cars connection, unless you have bought an expensive data plan to use the cars esim for data?
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

G43FAN wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:08 pm
Daveion wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:03 pm Thanks Baguette
There's a specific process with regards to the cars state when pulling Fuse19 else you will get airbag warnings that will need a dealer reset. The ignition can't be on basically.

Spotify and Android Auto would not be affected by the cars connection, unless you have bought an expensive data plan to use the cars esim for data?
Must just have been coincidence then!
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

G43FAN wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:08 pm [quote=Daveion post_id=26959 time=1654621436

So I make sure I don't touch the brake or silver button?
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
baguette

Post by baguette »

Daveion wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:03 pm Don't know where fuse 19 is?

Shown in this post. Do be careful about what G43FAN said, and make sure the ignition is off when you pull the fuse.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Thanks All
Will pull fuse 19 if it doesn't reset by itself by Thursday.
Thanks
Dave
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Daveion wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:21 pm Thanks All
Will pull fuse 19 if it doesn't reset by itself by Thursday.
Thanks
Dave
Charged last night and ID app and Tronity show change in charge level so I guess its now back on line.
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22