Issues with Multiple Users in WeConnect app and v3.0

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Ebwoy

Post by Ebwoy »

Hi folks,

Picked up my new ID.3 with software v.3.0 yesterday that I will be sharing with my partner. We traded in our 1 yr old ‘21 plated ID.3 that had software 2.3.

I’ve set myself up as the primary user in the Car’s Infotainment system and he’s set up as the secondary user.

However, we’ve noticed a few things:
1. The WeConnect ID App doesn’t show any of the new features promised with a car with software v3.0 - e.g. no last parked location, nor any doors or lights status. In fact the options in the app look exactly the same for the new ID.3 with v.3 as it did with the ‘old’ ID.3 on v2.3.
2. WeConnect ID App for secondary user (with separate Volkswagen ID log-in details to primary user) doesn’t show many of the options - e.g. on Home Screen (the one you press that looks like a house) is blank and there’s no widgets for “Charge Level” or “AIr Conditioning” like exists when I log on as primary user, and no option to add these. Car Screen (the one you press that looks like a car) only has “Settings” and nothing else.
3. When my partner is using the car and logged into the car with his profile, all of the functions on my WeConnect ID app becomes inactive. There’s also a message that pops up from the bottom which says “Limited Services”, and when you click on that message a pop-up window appears (I’ve attached a screenshot)
4. Saving the settings for each user doesn’t seem to always work… but I suspect that this could be down to user error. We just need to understand how/when to save settings correctly.

52A53522-7CC4-4B8F-AF4F-95F8493554F1.jpeg

ID.3 Family Pro Performance: Metallic - Manganese Grey w/Infotainment Pack (Collected June ‘22)

steviebabes

Post by steviebabes »

I presume your partner would have to log out before you have full access to all the functions.
ID3 Life Pro Performance Glacier White Andoya 19in Alloys
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Could you just share the same account for the login and WeConnect app etc… but have different profiles in the car? Not perfect but workable?
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

That’s really strange. They released an update for the app months ago which suggested the car location and other features are ready to go but require a v3.0 car.

Interestingly enough, in iOS you can create a Shortcut which can either get the battery level, current car position or find nearby charging stations. But when you try to play this automation, it opens up the WeConnect ID app with a message that this feature isn’t available yet.

So it seems VW still haven’t sorted the app out and we need another update before the functionality you’re looking for becomes available…

At least we can look forward to more bug fixes and performance improvements.
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

rikimaru wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:45 pm That’s really strange. They released an update for the app months ago which suggested the car location and other features are ready to go but require a v3.0 car.

Interestingly enough, in iOS you can create a Shortcut which can either get the battery level, current car position or find nearby charging stations. But when you try to play this automation, it opens up the WeConnect ID app with a message that this feature isn’t available yet.

So it seems VW still haven’t sorted the app out and we need another update before the functionality you’re looking for becomes available…

At least we can look forward to more bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ha ha.. the only think wrong with the above is that you think it's strange that it doesn't work as VW suggested.

I've been trying to set up a second profile on my wife's VW and although after a lot of perserverance I managed to get logged in on the We Connect (ICE) app, it gives no functionaility whatsoever, and when getting in her car even though my phone is paired in the same way the car refuses to see it and constantly hunts for my wife's phone. There app development is lacking somewhat. (It could be me I guess but don't think so)
mramcha

Post by mramcha »

I’ve had a little bit of a play with this today when my car arrived.

It feels as if the multiuser profile option on 3.0 is really designed for people who are not in the same family, but share use of the same car.

The key to this is that the profile can only be linked to a single We Connect ID, and when a profile is selected, the other users are locked out. If you think about a fleet car that is used on different days by different people, then this actually makes a lot of sense.

The use-case that does not seem to be catered for is where a couple are sharing cars, in the sense that who knows who will be driving either one on any particular day. From a VW point of view, we only really need a single We Connect ID, but it would be cool to have different personalizations on the car itself. This does not seem possible at the moment.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jun 22), Moonshot Gray / MY22.5 S/W 3.0 . Easee One Charger (16th June).
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I should imagine that this is a minefield from a personal data protection point of view.
MartienID3

Post by MartienID3 »

In your user profile (in the car) is a privacy tab. In there is a setting that solves the car's location problem (in my case) and maybe the other problems as well.
My car has software version 3.0
Chris R

Post by Chris R »

Hello Chris R

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen Digital Services.

We would like to inform you that secondary users are currently not supported on the app.

We plan to implement the feature with the upcoming updates.

We apologse for the inconvenience and we thank you for your feedback.

We remain at your disposal by replying to this e-mail or by calling our direct line 0800-2797508 (around the clock, 7 days a week). Kindly indicate your case reference for a quick follow-up.

We wish you always a safe and pleasant journey with your Volkswagen ID.3.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

ha ha ha ha ha yet again VW instead of fixing something introduce another broken feature... Multiple profiles on the Standard We Connect app seem to be just as useless.
Matt_xxiii

Post by Matt_xxiii »

Hi everyone this is my first post on this forum - sorry for bumping up an old topic.
Traded our golf in for an ID3 at the weekend and love it.

One niggle which the garage seem unaware of or unbothered about is this user / profile issue. Can I assume that it is still unfixed or is it just me?

My wife and I share the car. We use profiles in the car as that is setting the seats and mirrors (ok, and the coloured interior lighting :D ).

My wife is the “primary user” which means if I forget to “log out” when I jump out of the car then the app is useless - we can’t monitor the charge, check car status, set the aircon, etc. it sounds petty but it is a bit annoying having to tap tap tap away every time I park it (and it starts adjusting the seat back to my wife’s when I do etc).

I am hoping I am doing something wrong with permissions!

Otherwise loving the car and we keep finding new things that impress us!