Service partner?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Do we as owners, have to set up our service partner in the WeConnect app? Or, is the default, the dealer you purchased the car from, even though they are not set up as such in the WeConnect app. Thanks.

gailjon

Post by gailjon »

You can easily change the service partner to any dealer you wish in the app. It is under the 'car' icon at the bottom of the app screen, and is then third in the list under departure time. At the bottom of the service partner screen is the big blue button'Change service partner'.

I honestly can't remember what our service partner was set to as it is a lease car from VW. I think we just set it to our local dealer.
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

I have never set one up in the app. There wasn't one pre-set and there still isn't one set. We bought our car direct from a local dealer.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

sidehaas wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:34 am I have never set one up in the app. There wasn't one pre-set and there still isn't one set. We bought our car direct from a local dealer.
My reason for asking was really to do with the (possible) upcoming software/battery update. I wondered if we had to have a preferred dealer selected in the app, in order to be notified of an appointment? Or, would the dealer we bought from be responsible for contacting those who bought from them?
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

Scratch wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:29 am
sidehaas wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:34 am I have never set one up in the app. There wasn't one pre-set and there still isn't one set. We bought our car direct from a local dealer.
My reason for asking was really to do with the (possible) upcoming software/battery update. I wondered if we had to have a preferred dealer selected in the app, in order to be notified of an appointment? Or, would the dealer we bought from be responsible for contacting those who bought from them?
I would assume that:
1. The WeConnect nominated service partner will be the one to contact you re 2.4.
2. You will never hear from the dealer you bought from again.
I’m 18 months in and this seems to be the case, although I have just changed my service partner again.
But this is VW and 2.4 requires communication to dealers, customers and integrated WeConnect software. So fingers crossed.
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

I have asked on the ID driver's Facebook group - will let you know if I get an answer.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

VW's answer ref who will contact us about software 2.4:
"For the many of you who asked us, which dealer sends out the invitation to the ID. software 2.4 update, here’s the answer:
This depends on the country you are in. Some Importers or National Sales Companies will send out the invitation to schedule an appointment for the workshop action from their headquarters to you, others will leave the invitation process to their dealers. In case that the invitation is to be sent from the dealer, you will receive it from the dealer you purchased your ID. from. But, for your convenience, you do not have to book your appointment with the dealer you receive the invitation from – you are free to schedule an appointment with the Volkswagen service partner of your choosing."