Charging in England around Bradford

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
fatman

Post by fatman »

Hello, Travelling to England tomorrow with EV for first time. Will be going towards Bradford and possibly surrounding towns.

I am from Scotland and have been using the national scotland charge point system. Do I need any apps to charge or will I be able to charge without any applications or pre registered memberships?

Thanks!!
Max PRO Moonstone Grey August 2021. Software v3.2 [dealership]

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

fatman wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:19 pm Hello, Travelling to England tomorrow with EV for first time. Will be going towards Bradford and possibly surrounding towns.

I am from Scotland and have been using the national scotland charge point system. Do I need any apps to charge or will I be able to charge without any applications or pre registered memberships?

Thanks!!
I assume you can use either zapmap or wattsup apps to find chargers. They are both good. Beyond that, keeping things simple all you need is a contactless card. No need to sign up with anyone or download payment apps. Aim for Instavolt, Osprey, MFG or Gridserve sites with more than one charger, preferably avoiding the busy service station sites (except those with 6+ chargers). If you do that you'll have no issues. The chargers all carry instructions on them as to the precise order to scan your card, plug in etc.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
StuartT

Post by StuartT »

fatman wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:19 pm Hello, Travelling to England tomorrow with EV for first time. Will be going towards Bradford and possibly surrounding towns.

Thanks!!
Here's what ZapMap are saying for Bradford 👍

Screenshot_20220611-020426.jpg

Glacier white, Life Pro. August 2021