MY22/22.5 Clarification

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
CalumLewis

Post by CalumLewis »

Hello all, first time poster here.

I think this has been mentioned by another user, but last week Plan Leasing advertised some unbelievable deals on some ID3 Max / Tour models already on order but not built - apparently build is due to be completed in September. They were offering very, very low monthlies with the caveat of a huge admin fee (£1200.00 instead of their usual £200.00) - factoring this in to the overall cost still makes the deals a lot cheaper than anything available.

I'm currently leasing a MK8 Golf due to be returned in December - to be honest I'd given up on VW Group cars due to the leasing market but this offer seemed too good to pass up so I have reserved one of the Max Pro Performances in Glacier White and have had finance accepted - I'm waiting for a revised order form which I should receive tomorrow (Monday) then the process should be complete. Due to the whole ordering process having to happen so quickly as the cars were basically sold out within 24 hours, I have spent this weekend trying to familiarize myself with the specification / equipment as I hadn't even considered this model until seeing the deal.

What concerns me is the confusion over the model year / equipment that will actually be on the car. The latest brochure I can find is the September 2021 version which basically shows the Max containing all the 'Plus' packs - and strangely 18 inch steel wheels but I'm not particularly bothered about that. My main query is whether that brochure is correct for the car I will actually receive - has there been any cases with cars being delivered without certain features / equipment due to component shortages? Also, presumably as the car has been on order for many months already when ordered it would have been MY22, with this not being built yet would this automatically now be build as the updated MY22.5 model? The order form from the leasing company just says 'Model Year 2022', but I'm not sure whether to take any notice of this as I think it is just a generic template (they also list the Aero steel wheels as a cost option, for example').

If anyone can shed any light on this it would be much appreciated.

cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

It seems like every car that has been built after 1 Jan this year that we've seen has been of the MY22.5 configuration. We have seen delivery of cars recently that were started being built before 1 Jan that were super delayed on being completed because of supply chain issues and VW prioritising completing other cars first. If your car isn't due to be built until September I would venture a guess that yours will officially be an MY23 which appears to be identical to the MY22.5.

Most people receiving an MY22.5 at the moment wouldn't have even heard what was on the MY22.5 spec when they ordered their car, so once you reach the crossover point within the build queue for the new spec, you get it regardless of which MY was on offer at the time of your order.
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

CalumLewis wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:50 pm Hello all, first time poster here.

I think this has been mentioned by another user, but last week Plan Leasing advertised some unbelievable deals on some ID3 Max / Tour models already on order but not built - apparently build is due to be completed in September. They were offering very, very low monthlies with the caveat of a huge admin fee (£1200.00 instead of their usual £200.00) - factoring this in to the overall cost still makes the deals a lot cheaper than anything available.

I'm currently leasing a MK8 Golf due to be returned in December - to be honest I'd given up on VW Group cars due to the leasing market but this offer seemed too good to pass up so I have reserved one of the Max Pro Performances in Glacier White and have had finance accepted - I'm waiting for a revised order form which I should receive tomorrow (Monday) then the process should be complete. Due to the whole ordering process having to happen so quickly as the cars were basically sold out within 24 hours, I have spent this weekend trying to familiarize myself with the specification / equipment as I hadn't even considered this model until seeing the deal.

What concerns me is the confusion over the model year / equipment that will actually be on the car. The latest brochure I can find is the September 2021 version which basically shows the Max containing all the 'Plus' packs - and strangely 18 inch steel wheels but I'm not particularly bothered about that. My main query is whether that brochure is correct for the car I will actually receive - has there been any cases with cars being delivered without certain features / equipment due to component shortages? Also, presumably as the car has been on order for many months already when ordered it would have been MY22, with this not being built yet would this automatically now be build as the updated MY22.5 model? The order form from the leasing company just says 'Model Year 2022', but I'm not sure whether to take any notice of this as I think it is just a generic template (they also list the Aero steel wheels as a cost option, for example').

If anyone can shed any light on this it would be much appreciated.

These may be MY22 cars that have been stored awaiting parts and can’t be completed until September 2022. This would also explain the low prices and high admin fees.

So in this case I would expect these vehicles to arrive with MY22 specifications. For Max and Tour specs this probably isn’t a bad thing - you just won’t have the fancy self parking stuff and automated lane change features.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Every car I've seen delivered so far has followed the principle VW communicated when they first announced 22.5 - ie, if you have a confirmed build week after 2021 week 51, it will be my22.5. But so far none of those have been Maxs or Tours. Those delivered recently were 2021 builds that were sat part built.
The only way to be sure is to ask them for a VW order number (8 digits beginning 3), a status code and build week. If it's status 30 (already built) or status 20 with a 2021 build week, it'll be my22. If it's status 00 or 10, or status 20 with a 2022 build week, it'll be my22.5.
Personally I think it's unlikely they'll still be delivering my22 cars in a few months.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
CalumLewis

Post by CalumLewis »

Thanks for all of your replies so far.

I think the best way forwards would be to see if the leasing company will give me the order number before signing the documents (I could ask them for their view it's unlikely anything they say can be relied upon because they probably know no more than me). I doubt they will entertain that idea though as it would more or less reveal the identity of the dealership which they probably want to keep to themselves.

As I understand it, there isn't any huge differences between MY22/22.5 - there is an interior change and some more sensors that allow the inclusion of extra parking / lane change assist features, but nothing else. Would that be correct? I'm not too fussed if this is the case, I'm more concerned about any hardware changes (I know that early ID3's had numerous problems so I assume some new hardware has been included in more recent versions) or just general feature removal to account for the component shortages. I usually do a great deal of research before committing to a car but I just don't have the time unfortunately as I'm sure they will easily pass on the order to someone else if I don't confirm it tomorrow morning.

I'll ask them to clarify the build details and see if they'll give me an order number. Failing that I'll ask them to confirm exactly the status code - they have explicitly said they've been given a build month of September, but we don't know of course if this means that it's been part-built for months and is due to be completed or if the whole build will begin in September. Will update the thread with whatever response I get.
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

but nothing else.
I guess the big unmentioned is that MY22.5 cars are coming with software 3.0 and do not need to be recalled for a new battery. But if you don't mind that (and there's a chance that recall may happen automatically at the dealer before you collect the car if the car isn't in the UK yet) then there should be no difference apart from the seat and sensors. The seats in the Max and Tour were pretty high spec anyway, but you should* get memory seating (and profiles for those settings in the infotainment) in the 22.5.

VW and software updates haven't been a good mix. There is a chance you could be waiting months for updates and there are people still waiting for 2.1>2.3 and that's been out a year.

(* We've seen them on YouTube but not in the UK yet and on this forum we don't trust anything until we see it)
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

Do we know what my23 brings or loses?
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire
DickieBoy

Post by DickieBoy »

MattgID3 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:20 pm Do we know what my23 brings or loses?
Nothing other than a change in what they call black is what's been reported so far.
Family Pro owner (Sept 22)
evfan

Post by evfan »

I ordered a Max via Plan Car Leasing around March time, it was delivered at the end of May. Was a MY22.
I would be fairly certain the deal offered to you last week would likely be a cancelled MY22.
As of yet, not seen anyone post that they have received a MY22.5 Max or Tour.
I believe the delays are due to the Matrix headlights on the Max and Tour, and someone posted that these parts are delayed till late 2023.

If you've been given a great deal on the Max (like I was), I'd go for it. It's very high spec as it is. Self parking on the MY22.5 is probably a nice novelty that most won't use beyond the first few tries. And I find the interior on the MY22 to be fine.
2022 ID.3 Max
:!: InstaVolt - download & get £5 free credit (code: qh46N) https://driver.emsp.instavolt.co.uk/referral/qh46N
:!: BONNET (inc IONITY) - download & get £15 free credit (code: RXRDG)
CalumLewis

Post by CalumLewis »

Not much of an update, but the broker is adamant that the car is not built at all and so will not be 'finished off' - when explicitly asked whether it would be a MY22.5 model he said yes, but I've been unable to obtain order number or build week / status code from them, only the information that it is due to be built at the tail end of September.

I saw in another thread that someone collected their Tour today, which was MY22 with software 2.3 so I'm starting to think that it will be the case here. It would certainly make sense in the scenario that they have a large number of part-built Max and Tour models, that they are finishing in batches as the required parts become available.

I think my only option is to finalize the order anyway and, once the paperwork is signed, see if I can get the order information so I can check with VW myself. Worst case I can cancel within the 14 day cooling off period.
gailjon

Post by gailjon »

evfan wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:46 pm I ordered a Max via Plan Car Leasing around March time, it was delivered at the end of May. Was a MY22.
I would be fairly certain the deal offered to you last week would likely be a cancelled MY22.
I believe the delays are due to the Matrix headlights on the Max and Tour, and someone posted that these parts are delayed till late 2023.

If you've been given a great deal on the Max (like I was), I'd go for it. It's very high spec as it is. Self parking on the MY22.5 is probably a nice novelty that most won't use beyond the first few tries. And I find the interior on the MY22 to be fine.
Totally agree about the self-parking. I have had it and really only used it a tiny handful of times. I would put receiving car early over waiting unknown time for one with self-parking.
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104
Braddad9

Post by Braddad9 »

evfan wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:46 pm I ordered a Max via Plan Car Leasing around March time, it was delivered at the end of May. Was a MY22.

I was a bit disappointed about not getting park assist, but I honestly don’t think I would use it, especially the memory one. I tend to shoot into my drive haha
ID3 Max Pro Performance - Scale Silver
Order: 3140****
Original ETA - Late April/Early May
Delivery scheduled - 18 May 2022
CalumLewis

Post by CalumLewis »

Further update on this - I now have the order number but the leasing company won't tell me who the supplying dealer is (I guess I can understand their concern). I've tried with VW UK who say I need to speak to the supplying dealer as they cannot help with order queries - so once again I'm sort of stuck.

Is there any way to get any sort of information from the order number without the supplying dealer involved? Or is there any other way I can find out who they are?
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

There is. Go here - - and find a number close to yours to find its rough order date.
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
CalumLewis

Post by CalumLewis »

mediaguy wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:03 pm There is. Go here - and find a number close to yours to find its rough order date.
I did actually take a quick look at this - the number is apparently 314009xx, the closest I can find is another Max ordered by GazID.3 (31400xxx) that was ordered in November, and given as an early September estimated delivery (I was told delivery would be October / November but nothing more specific). The spreadsheet says a likely MY22.5 model year for theirs, but I guess that is assumed for everything not delivered yet?

This being a November order would make sense I suppose, but it doesn't shed any light on whether the car is part-built or awaiting build entirely right? The only way to find this out is to get a build week date out of someone to see if the build started in 2021 or 2022 I guess?
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

A 3140 number is from late July. The November order would already have been either a cancellation or a leased order that wasn't originally assigned a customer. It's become clear over the months on here that orders cancelled before build were just put on hold until picked up again so your number doesn't mean anything for a build date in of itself. It's not comparable with similar numbers on the sheet (as an example, my order number was higher than yours but I ordered beginning of last August and have had the car since January).
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
CalumLewis

Post by CalumLewis »

Another update on this - I spoke to VW UK again to told me that the order number shows as MY22 and an 'unconfirmed build week 40', but they also said there is a 'chance that the order will be updated to a MY23'. More importantly they also told me who the supplying dealer is, so I contacted them and they advised the same information, but also confirmed that although it is showing as MY22, as there is no build week confirmed it will definitely not be a part-built MY22 at the factory awaiting parts, and they are '99% sure' that the car, when eventually built, will be MY22.5 or MY23. The caveat is that they basically have no idea though, except knowing that the car isn't one of the part-built ones from December that are starting to be delivered now.

I think that's the most information I'm going to get - I'm still not entirely convinced so it's up to me on whether to take the risk, the question is if the goalposts shift (I don't really mind delays as I can extend my current lease with VWFS). Would I be entitled to cancel the lease agreement on the basis of specification change?
Mark55

Post by Mark55 »

Hi
I ordered an ID.3 Max in white late last September 2021. I just contacted my VW dealer, build is week commencing 11th July they say. I asked will it be a MY22 or MY22.5 the reply was "It will be built as MY23 since we have now gone on to that. This includes all the updates from MY22.5".

I will believe it when I see the car.

Anyone know if the steel wheels will be replaced by alloys?

Thanks.
ID.3 Max Pro Performance ordered September 2021.
Glacier White Metallic Flat black
Delivered May 2023. Running 3.2
Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/dusky-quail-943
Turquoise

Post by Turquoise »

CalumLewis wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:05 am Another update on this - I spoke to VW UK again to told me that the order number shows as MY22 and an 'unconfirmed build week 40', but they also said there is a 'chance that the order will be updated to a MY23'. More importantly they also told me who the supplying dealer is, so I contacted them and they advised the same information, but also confirmed that although it is showing as MY22, as there is no build week confirmed it will definitely not be a part-built MY22 at the factory awaiting parts, and they are '99% sure' that the car, when eventually built, will be MY22.5 or MY23. The caveat is that they basically have no idea though, except knowing that the car isn't one of the part-built ones from December that are starting to be delivered now.

I think that's the most information I'm going to get - I'm still not entirely convinced so it's up to me on whether to take the risk, the question is if the goalposts shift (I don't really mind delays as I can extend my current lease with VWFS). Would I be entitled to cancel the lease agreement on the basis of specification change?
Are you very fussed about different seats and some extra sensors? Because the battery change and update to the 3.0 software will be available as a dealer update later...
Family PP (Turquoise with East Derry alloys)
Ordered Oct '21 (Tusker/Marshall Fleet)
Built '22 wk33, delivered wk41

Zappi 7kW Black tethered
4.5kWp solar with 7.5kWh battery

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/sunny-sun-45
CalumLewis

Post by CalumLewis »

Turquoise wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:48 am Are you very fussed about different seats and some extra sensors? Because the battery change and update to the 3.0 software will be available as a dealer update later...
To be honest, not very much. The new parking feature is a nice thing to have but, as many others have said, not likely to be used more than once or twice.

The main issues are two things: the software - from what I've heard people have been waiting for months (if not up to a year now) just to get the 2.3 or 2.4 software update - as the car will be leased it sounds like I may end up handing the car back before being able to get the update.

Other than that, I didn't like the idea that the car was part-built in December as a MY22 and is now sitting in storage waiting until parts arrive to be 'finished off' - I'm fairly confident from all the information I've received that this isn't the case though.

For now, I've decided to press ahead with the order and see what I can find out over the next two weeks, which is the cooling off period for the contract. In reality, the build week is probably going to be pushed some time in to 2023 anyway so I can consider my position further down the line.