MY22/22.5 Clarification

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
marknorton1
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:54 am

Post by marknorton1 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:55 am

Thanks for that info, I spoke with the main Boss a few weeks ago when these cars went live and although I missed the deal at the time he stated they didnt need to worry about taking deposits etc as they know they can sell the cars many times over. My only concern when I read the terms and conditions was they charge a £600 cancelation fee, which you could argue is justified to some degree but equally with the unknown nature of when these cars might be delivered I wouldnt be quite so keen on handing money over until nearer a confirmed build week.
ID.3 Tour Pro S - Stonewashed Blue
Ordered circa Sept 21 by Plan Car Leasing
Build week 41 currently
Order Number - 31401131

CalumLewis
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:30 pm

Post by CalumLewis » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:27 am

MattBCL wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:48 am

Re that Documentation Fee, I had an email through this week asking for the £1,200 payment, despite my car not being due until late Nov (a silver Tour Pro S). Being slightly wary of this, I did some chasing around this morning and got through to the supplying dealer and managed to get them to confirm the Order ref I've been given was genuine and that it had my (company) name against it - so it all looks legitimate etc. The fee is nothing to do with the supplying dealer BTW, it's a sort of commission payable to the brokers. The guy confirmed the order ref was a VW Financial Services order going under the title of a 'Commit to Purchase' deal (whatever that is!?). Anyway, I've paid it (leap of faith etc) and we'll see what happens.. It has a build week of 45 apparently, which the dealer chap reckons equates to late Nov but possibly Dec/Jan. Can someone add me to the spreadsheet please? Order ref is 314011**

I should stress that whilst the chap from the dealership I spoke to was very helpful, they are generally reluctant to deal with enquiries directly and have asked we go through the broker instead.
I can confirm I received exactly the same email from them requesting the £1200.00 documentation fee yesterday.

I reminded them that I had already stated that I would not be happy to proceed if the fee was payable up front, due to the uncertain nature of the delivery times and probable delays, and also that I had already been told that the documentation fee was not payable until further down the line. Their reply was 'we didn't know you were told that, OK that's fine'. Had they have insisted on the payment being made I would have cancelled there and then.

I've done a lot of due diligence with the supplying dealer etc. and I'm certain the deal is genuine - despite that I would rather not risk £1200.00 without any reliable information regarding delivery / delays. Personally I just think it's a lot easier to cancel an order if, say, the delivery gets pushed back by 6 months if they don't already have your money.

marknorton1
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:54 am

Post by marknorton1 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:48 am

CalumLewis wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:27 am
MattBCL wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:48 am

Re that Documentation Fee, I had an email through this week asking for the £1,200 payment, despite my car not being due until late Nov (a silver Tour Pro S). Being slightly wary of this, I did some chasing around this morning and got through to the supplying dealer and managed to get them to confirm the Order ref I've been given was genuine and that it had my (company) name against it - so it all looks legitimate etc. The fee is nothing to do with the supplying dealer BTW, it's a sort of commission payable to the brokers. The guy confirmed the order ref was a VW Financial Services order going under the title of a 'Commit to Purchase' deal (whatever that is!?). Anyway, I've paid it (leap of faith etc) and we'll see what happens.. It has a build week of 45 apparently, which the dealer chap reckons equates to late Nov but possibly Dec/Jan. Can someone add me to the spreadsheet please? Order ref is 314011**

I should stress that whilst the chap from the dealership I spoke to was very helpful, they are generally reluctant to deal with enquiries directly and have asked we go through the broker instead.
I can confirm I received exactly the same email from them requesting the £1200.00 documentation fee yesterday.

I reminded them that I had already stated that I would not be happy to proceed if the fee was payable up front, due to the uncertain nature of the delivery times and probable delays, and also that I had already been told that the documentation fee was not payable until further down the line. Their reply was 'we didn't know you were told that, OK that's fine'. Had they have insisted on the payment being made I would have cancelled there and then.

I've done a lot of due diligence with the supplying dealer etc. and I'm certain the deal is genuine - despite that I would rather not risk £1200.00 without any reliable information regarding delivery / delays. Personally I just think it's a lot easier to cancel an order if, say, the delivery gets pushed back by 6 months if they don't already have your money.

Thats great info, thank you, I wil be doing the same as I suspect I will get the same letter in due course although I think you guys are a few weeks ahead of me since I missed the first round of these offers and managed to jump on a cancelled order.
ID.3 Tour Pro S - Stonewashed Blue
Ordered circa Sept 21 by Plan Car Leasing
Build week 41 currently
Order Number - 31401131

alex1337
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri May 27, 2022 8:04 am

Post by alex1337 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:56 am

Plan just sent me the same email. I was previously told this was payable close to delivery. I'm not laying out £1200 for a car I may or may not see this year. I also have it in writing that there is no cancellation fee on my order, so I will see what they respond with.
ID.3 Tour Pro S Glacier White

MattBCL
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:48 am

Post by MattBCL » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:28 pm

It's funny, I read the previous posts on this about holding off paying the £1200 about 2 minutes after I'd just paid it, and I wondered if I'd really needed to do it!

My concern though was that whilst I'd signed something for them (to say I'd take the car when it turns up), I'd got nothing in a reciprocal sense (to say that when it turned up it was definitely/contractually mine). My worry was that they might find someone willing to pay a higher amount and just cancel my agreement (with no penalty) - given the deal was so good. So I figured paying what is effectively a deposit (and getting a VAT invoice back to confirm) has formed that contract and gives me some additional peace of mind as I get my wallbox ordered etc..

TBH the fact that the supplying dealer confirmed my name against the car and confirmed the same November date etc told me enough to say this is all legit.
Tour Pro S (Scale Silver) on a Business Lease from Plan Cars
Ordered Mid-June 2022, expected Nov 2022
Order ref 314011**

alex1337
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri May 27, 2022 8:04 am

Post by alex1337 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:48 pm

MattBCL wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:28 pm
It's funny, I read the previous posts on this about holding off paying the £1200 about 2 minutes after I'd just paid it, and I wondered if I'd really needed to do it!

My concern though was that whilst I'd signed something for them (to say I'd take the car when it turns up), I'd got nothing in a reciprocal sense (to say that when it turned up it was definitely/contractually mine). My worry was that they might find someone willing to pay a higher amount and just cancel my agreement (with no penalty) - given the deal was so good. So I figured paying what is effectively a deposit (and getting a VAT invoice back to confirm) has formed that contract and gives me some additional peace of mind as I get my wallbox ordered etc..

TBH the fact that the supplying dealer confirmed my name against the car and confirmed the same November date etc told me enough to say this is all legit.
While that may be true, parting with £1200 for a car that may not turn up this year seemed a lot to me. Guess it depends on one's own circumstances. They've assured me it can be paid later on which I'll be more than happy to do. I'll personally deliver it in a briefcase if they can get me my ID3 anytime soon :D
ID.3 Tour Pro S Glacier White

Post Reply