MY22/22.5 Clarification

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Bigd0205
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:10 pm

Post by Bigd0205 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:51 am

I've ordered one of the Max's that were available through Plan a week or so back in Moonstone Grey!

Very excited and keeping an eye on this thread hoping for a 22.5/23 car but as a slight deviation from the thread purpose has anyone had word of when the £1200 documentation fee is due?
ID3 Max Pro Performance
Moonstone Grey
Broker: Plan Car Leasing
Order: 31400***
Ordered: June 2022
Unconfirmed BW 42
Est Del: November/December 2022

CalumLewis
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:30 pm

Post by CalumLewis » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:56 am

Bigd0205 wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:51 am
I've ordered one of the Max's that were available through Plan a week or so back in Moonstone Grey!

Very excited and keeping an eye on this thread hoping for a 22.5/23 car but as a slight deviation from the thread purpose has anyone had word of when the £1200 documentation fee is due?
I've gone for the same deal as you - Glacier White though, I had a choice of that or the turquoise if I remember correctly.

I did check with them about the documentation fee, I wouldn't have been comfortable proceeding if they wanted that before the car was build and in the UK so I told them that up front. I was told that the fee would be payable 'closer to delivery', and that it can be paid in installments if preferred. I didn't press them any further, but presumably they will invoice the documentation fee when they send the finance documents after receiving the VIN / reg.

MotMot
Posts: 790
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:04 pm

Post by MotMot » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:36 pm

Just checked and my tour has a 2022 chassis number - but is MY22…

duncsand
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:53 am

Post by duncsand » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:29 am

So my Family Pro Performance looks like it will get built next week, so will be a MY 22.5. Just to clarify, that means I get the side sensors - which means I will have self-parking, but not the memory self-parking? And I won't get the auto lane change thing, presumably because I won't have a capacitive steering wheel?
---
id.3 Family Pro Performance.
Ordered September 2021, Build week 25, confirmed built 1st July.

mediaguy
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:18 pm

Post by mediaguy » Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:43 am

duncsand wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:29 am
And I won't get the auto lane change thing, presumably because I won't have a capacitive steering wheel?
You won't get auto lane change because you won't have travel assist. If you hack travel assist in with ODB11 then you will have it, but you'll have to tug the steeringi wheel every 15 seconds because you don't have a capacitive steering wheel.

Everything else you said was correct as I understand it.
Ordered 26/Sep/21 | 3148xxxx | Life Pro + White + 19" + Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus (if MY22.5 didn't remove it) + Infotainment Plus

duncsand
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:53 am

Post by duncsand » Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:24 am

mediaguy wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:43 am
duncsand wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:29 am
And I won't get the auto lane change thing, presumably because I won't have a capacitive steering wheel?
You won't get auto lane change because you won't have travel assist. If you hack travel assist in with ODB11 then you will have it, but you'll have to tug the steeringi wheel every 15 seconds because you don't have a capacitive steering wheel.

Everything else you said was correct as I understand it.
Thanks for confirming. Nice that I get the addition of self-park as a consolation for the wait. However, not sure how much I'll actually use it and if I'd trust it not to curb the alloys. Still, nice to have I guess.
---
id.3 Family Pro Performance.
Ordered September 2021, Build week 25, confirmed built 1st July.

MotMot
Posts: 790
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:04 pm

Post by MotMot » Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:29 am

It seems weird to me that VW include this in the MY22.5 spec. Why? What features might it unlock later along the line of updates. As above - without the capacitive steering wheel (do MY22.5’s have that???) then it’s little/no use for travel assist and auto lane change etc…

Btw - the easy way to check if you hace a capacitive steering wheel is - when using ACC in traffic - keep a hand on the wheel. When stationary - the NON capacitive wheel required you to tap the accelerator after 10 secs to move on. With the capacitive you don’t have to do this - it checks if you’re still there (holding the wheel) and will move on after any length of time.

sidehaas
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:04 am

Post by sidehaas » Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:52 pm

MotMot wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:29 am
It seems weird to me that VW include this in the MY22.5 spec. Why? What features might it unlock later along the line of updates. As above - without the capacitive steering wheel (do MY22.5’s have that???) then it’s little/no use for travel assist and auto lane change etc…

Btw - the easy way to check if you hace a capacitive steering wheel is - when using ACC in traffic - keep a hand on the wheel. When stationary - the NON capacitive wheel required you to tap the accelerator after 10 secs to move on. With the capacitive you don’t have to do this - it checks if you’re still there (holding the wheel) and will move on after any length of time.
Do you know which bits of the wheel are capacitive - is it just 10 and 2 o clock?
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. OHME Home Pro charger.

MotMot
Posts: 790
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:04 pm

Post by MotMot » Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:34 pm

All.

sidehaas
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:04 am

Post by sidehaas » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:57 pm

MotMot wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:34 pm
All.
Thanks. Tried your test on the way home from a Manc just now and confirmed I don't have one. I had got my hopes up slightly as it behaves very differently from my Octavia's lane assist on the mway, but I guess that's just development of the systems over time. I might still buy an OBD11 thing at some point and enable travel assist but I'll probably wait until after the 2.4/3.0 updates (!)
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. OHME Home Pro charger.

jmh237
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:20 am

Post by jmh237 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:12 am

CalumLewis wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:05 am
Another update on this - I spoke to VW UK again to told me that the order number shows as MY22 and an 'unconfirmed build week 40', but they also said there is a 'chance that the order will be updated to a MY23'. More importantly they also told me who the supplying dealer is, so I contacted them and they advised the same information, but also confirmed that although it is showing as MY22, as there is no build week confirmed it will definitely not be a part-built MY22 at the factory awaiting parts, and they are '99% sure' that the car, when eventually built, will be MY22.5 or MY23. The caveat is that they basically have no idea though, except knowing that the car isn't one of the part-built ones from December that are starting to be delivered now.

I think that's the most information I'm going to get - I'm still not entirely convinced so it's up to me on whether to take the risk, the question is if the goalposts shift (I don't really mind delays as I can extend my current lease with VWFS). Would I be entitled to cancel the lease agreement on the basis of specification change?
I have also placed an order with plan. Which dealer is the car being supplied by?

soupdragon
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:35 am

Post by soupdragon » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:51 am

I thought that the MY22.5 cars would all have capacitative wheels so that they could sell you the driver assist pack at a later date.

Not sure how I came to this conclusion, I think I might have read it on here sometime last year.

Don't forget, the online shop (for selling software) has always been in the pipeline for VW, so you would think they would want a few upgrade options to sell. The shop won't work if the car can't be upgraded.

duncsand
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:53 am

Post by duncsand » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:58 am

soupdragon wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:51 am
I thought that the MY22.5 cars would all have capacitative wheels so that they could sell you the driver assist pack at a later date.

Not sure how I came to this conclusion, I think I might have read it on here sometime last year.

Don't forget, the online shop (for selling software) has always been in the pipeline for VW, so you would think they would want a few upgrade options to sell. The shop won't work if the car can't be upgraded.
This is what Tesla do - when a second-hand car goes back to Tesla they enable the self-driving features, because it costs them virtually nothing to do and means they can increase the price they sell it for. As you say, this isn't possible if the car doesn't have the hardware.
---
id.3 Family Pro Performance.
Ordered September 2021, Build week 25, confirmed built 1st July.

marknorton1
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:54 am

Post by marknorton1 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:31 am

Hi All,

Time to stop lurking and start contributing! Just had my order with Plan Leasing confirmed by the finance house, I missed the batch a few weeks ago but they got in touch end of last week to say they had a cancelled Pro S Tour available in Stonewashed blue, Ideally wanted the Glacier white but beggers can't be choosers given the strengh of the deal.

Will update my details once I get an order number and further clarification of course, the description on the order form states 22 model year, the interior description however does state Artvelours Coth - Dusty Grey/Soul Black, isnt the naming structure for the 22.5 update or am I wrong on that?

Cheers

Mark
ID.3 Tour Pro S - Stonewashed Blue
Ordered circa Sept 21 by Plan Car Leasing
Build week 41 currently
Order Number - 31401131

MotMot
Posts: 790
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:04 pm

Post by MotMot » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:04 pm

The tours that are coming through at the moment (Inc mine picket up a week ago) seem to be MY22 - but with some other bits too…

CalumLewis
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:30 pm

Post by CalumLewis » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:04 pm

marknorton1 wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:31 am
the description on the order form states 22 model year, the interior description however does state Artvelours Coth - Dusty Grey/Soul Black, isnt the naming structure for the 22.5 update or am I wrong on that?
The order form from Plan does state MY22, but I believe this is because VW's order system shows it as that because that's what it was planned to be when the order was placed with the factory in 2021 - in reality it looks like these ones will be MY23 officially as they're not due to be built until week 40 (or probably later). I've been told by the dealer that these orders are not part-built MY22 models waiting for parts but there are no delivered UK Max/Tour models that aren't MY22 yet so time will tell.

You're correct about the seats - on the order form they're described as the current MY22.5 version but I believe most leasing companies have a third-party system that populates the specification for them on their website so that is probably not reliable in isolation, but again it's basically a guessing game at this point.

I've been told to call the dealership in September to see if any more information is available, so it'll probably be a few weeks before I find anything else out.

marknorton1
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:54 am

Post by marknorton1 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:10 pm

Cool, thank you both, I've just been sending back my proofs so once happy with that I will press for an order number and then begin the long wait! They did say if a Glacier white comes about they would be happy to switch me into it but I'm not loosing any sleep over the stonewashed blue either as that seems quite nice in photo's ive seen.

Now to start researching home chargers! Any favourites amongst forum members so far? I wonder if there needs to be vote thread started to see what people have opted for the most!
ID.3 Tour Pro S - Stonewashed Blue
Ordered circa Sept 21 by Plan Car Leasing
Build week 41 currently
Order Number - 31401131

MotMot
Posts: 790
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:04 pm

Post by MotMot » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:13 pm

There was a glacier white tour at a dealers in Bradford last week… keep checking Autotrader?

marknorton1
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:54 am

Post by marknorton1 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:36 pm

It's a lease so would only buy new to be honest, unless this one was of course, although these deals from Plan Leasing were very attractive and far lower than anything currently available so unlikley to find anything that completes right now.
I did have my heart set on a Born to be honest but as they still very new the leaseing deals are still quite high on them so this seemed the best option for my first jump into the EV market.
ID.3 Tour Pro S - Stonewashed Blue
Ordered circa Sept 21 by Plan Car Leasing
Build week 41 currently
Order Number - 31401131

MattBCL
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:48 am

Post by MattBCL » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:48 am

CalumLewis wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:56 am
Bigd0205 wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:51 am
I've ordered one of the Max's that were available through Plan a week or so back in Moonstone Grey!

Very excited and keeping an eye on this thread hoping for a 22.5/23 car but as a slight deviation from the thread purpose has anyone had word of when the £1200 documentation fee is due?
I've gone for the same deal as you - Glacier White though, I had a choice of that or the turquoise if I remember correctly.

I did check with them about the documentation fee, I wouldn't have been comfortable proceeding if they wanted that before the car was build and in the UK so I told them that up front. I was told that the fee would be payable 'closer to delivery', and that it can be paid in installments if preferred. I didn't press them any further, but presumably they will invoice the documentation fee when they send the finance documents after receiving the VIN / reg.
Re that Documentation Fee, I had an email through this week asking for the £1,200 payment, despite my car not being due until late Nov (a silver Tour Pro S). Being slightly wary of this, I did some chasing around this morning and got through to the supplying dealer and managed to get them to confirm the Order ref I've been given was genuine and that it had my (company) name against it - so it all looks legitimate etc. The fee is nothing to do with the supplying dealer BTW, it's a sort of commission payable to the brokers. The guy confirmed the order ref was a VW Financial Services order going under the title of a 'Commit to Purchase' deal (whatever that is!?). Anyway, I've paid it (leap of faith etc) and we'll see what happens.. It has a build week of 45 apparently, which the dealer chap reckons equates to late Nov but possibly Dec/Jan. Can someone add me to the spreadsheet please? Order ref is 314011**

I should stress that whilst the chap from the dealership I spoke to was very helpful, they are generally reluctant to deal with enquiries directly and have asked we go through the broker instead.
Tour Pro S (Scale Silver) on a Business Lease from Plan Cars
Ordered Mid-June 2022, expected Nov 2022
Order ref 314011**

Post Reply