Anyone else experienced this?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Graham AB

Post by Graham AB »

Hi folks - has anyone else had this experience
Life Pro model ordered mid August 2021 - with Assistance Pack Plus / Bike Rack Prep & Derry Alloys.
Car arrived at the dealers this week - MY 22 with Bike Rack Prep & alloys - no assistance pack plus !!
Now had it been MY 22.5 the vast majority of equipment would have been on it.
Dealer is now working up some 'options' for me - I've told him given withdrawl of Gov Grant etc and additional outlay for home charger over and above Gov Grant they will need to be 'creative'
Has anyone else had this issue and has it been resolved?
thanks in advance
Graham

SDH7

Post by SDH7 »

Confused why you've lost your grant? I thought it was being honoured for previously ordered cars.
ID4 Life Pure
Status 30 as of 16/06
NHS Fleet Order from VW Pulman
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

So you ordered Aug 2021, presumably the VWFS deposit contribution was in place - are you still getting that? Grant should still be in place for you,I would question why it seemingly isn't - I suspect that either they never registered your order for the grant, ir the dealership are trying to make an extra £2500 out of you on the sly.

So how much more than initial expectations is that car of incorrect spec going to cost you?
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

By options, are you talking about the dealer ordering a new car for you?
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

andrewparker wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:43 pm By options, are you talking about the dealer ordering a new car for you?
That’s what I interpreted it as - that if he wanted the car he actually ordered (as if you wouldn’t!) then they’d have to put in a new order and then what happens to all the discounts……
Graham AB

Post by Graham AB »

Hopefully what Dealer on behalf of VW will come back with is they order a new vehicle to the spec originally ordered (or equivalent) and they will honour the price, grant, trade-in value etc - even if it takes until the middle of 23.
.... we'll see, I don't think that's unreasonable (they may :) )
Stig2011

Post by Stig2011 »

There have been a couple of examples on here where Life models speced in October with assistance pack plus were 'downgraded' to assistance pack. This ( I was told) was done as part of the conversion from MY22 to MY22.5. I've not heard of any where no assistance pack was fitted. In my case it was a choice of accepting what was built or letting the dealer sell it on. Given the demand, I don't think my dealer would have minded either way. Hopefully, you will get a deal, but given demand for the cars I wouldn't hold my breath.
Life Pro Performance/Assistance Pack/Scale Silver/ East Derry Wheels
Graham AB

Post by Graham AB »

Stig2011 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:31 pm There have been a couple of examples on here where Life models speced in October with assistance pack plus were 'downgraded' to assistance pack. This ( I was told) was done as part of the conversion from MY22 to MY22.5. I've not heard of any where no assistance pack was fitted. In my case it was a choice of accepting what was built or letting the dealer sell it on. Given the demand, I don't think my dealer would have minded either way. Hopefully, you will get a deal, but given demand for the cars I wouldn't hold my breath.
Hi - yes I've seen that - and had the MY been 22.5 it would have been absolutely ok - but it was MY 22 - hence the issue
DickieBoy

Post by DickieBoy »

Graham AB wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:33 pm
Stig2011 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:31 pm There have been a couple of examples on here where Life models speced in October with assistance pack plus were 'downgraded' to assistance pack. This ( I was told) was done as part of the conversion from MY22 to MY22.5. I've not heard of any where no assistance pack was fitted. In my case it was a choice of accepting what was built or letting the dealer sell it on. Given the demand, I don't think my dealer would have minded either way. Hopefully, you will get a deal, but given demand for the cars I wouldn't hold my breath.
Hi - yes I've seen that - and had the MY been 22.5 it would have been absolutely ok - but it was MY 22 - hence the issue
What's the difference between a MY22 and MY22.5 Life? Side sensors and software?
Family Pro owner (Sept 22)