ID.3 107KW Family Pro 58kWh - Thoughts?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
stevefry789

Post by stevefry789 »

Just been offered a cancelled order on one of these. I already have a EV (Audi Q4) so this would be for more wife. I'm assuming real world efficiency is c.3.5 miles/kWh so real world range on this car is 203 miles in the summer.

Can somebody confirm, as there's nothing on the VW site, that the Family Pro spec is the same as the Family Pro Performance spec, but it just has the lower powered battery?

Any other stuff I should consider?

OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

Not sure how many of these lower powered ID3’s there are about. About 60bhp less than the 204bhp pro performance.
Mixed driving motorway and urban might give you 3.7 mi/kWh or so in the summer. If it’s more urban 4 is achievable.
I think it would probably have enough ‘punch’ my main concern would be resale value. Although for now any EV should be a sound enough investment I guess…
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Resale could be quite a consideration (especially if buying outright - selling our 1 year old Family PP vs our 1 year old Life PP, the Family was worth a whopping £3800 more, even though the list price difference at the time of buying was about £2500 and I only actually paid £800 more for the Family than the Life.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
DickieBoy

Post by DickieBoy »

We have one on order. From what I read there wasn't a great deal of difference performance wise under around 40mph. Current car has 140bhp and never found it wanting so didn't think there was any point spending a grand on extra hp that I probably wouldn't use. Plan to keep the car for a while too so didn't have to think about resale. There doesn't currently seem to be much of a difference in price between the performance and non performance Family trim models on AT but it's all a bit crazy at the moment so who knows.
Family Pro owner (Sept 22)
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

I’ve just sold my life pro (same power) and upgraded to a Tour (bit heavier but the extra power). Can’t say I notice the difference to be honest. As above - near identical up to 40mph or so. Maybe a bit less zip for motorway overtaking etc.. but it’s got plenty.

Re resale. Mine went for about 2-3k less than monkeyhangers - but was lower spec - no alloys and had 15000 miles. So don’t think that’ll be an issue.

All depends how much it’s up for!!
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

so reading this you get better performance for 40-70 with the pro performance otherwise similar at lower speeds.
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Yup.
StuartT

Post by StuartT »

Hello there, we're a one car household with a Life Pro, having come from a Golf GT dsg and we're both more than happy with the power from the ID.3. The majority of our use is urban and A roads and there's more than enough power to keep you amused. We got the car last August and we've averaged just over 4.0 miles per kwh - we live on the south coast of England, so it never gets stupidly cold down here!
I won't say you should get one but, we're chuffed with ours and the only time I'd prefer the Pro Performance is when I'm on the slip road about to join a motorway ; which doesn't happen very often 😁
Glacier white, Life Pro. August 2021
stevefry789

Post by stevefry789 »

Thanks for the feedback. To be honest i'm looking at getting it on a 4 year lease so not worried about residual value.

Interestingly after posting this I got offered a Feb '23 delivery 150kw life pro performance 62KWh in Moonstone Grey, for £30 per month less.

Is there much difference between the Life and Family specs?
Deleted User 1733

Post by Deleted User 1733 »

stevefry789 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:19 pm Thanks for the feedback. To be honest i'm looking at getting it on a 4 year lease so not worried about residual value.

Interestingly after posting this I got offered a Feb '23 delivery 150kw life pro performance 62KWh in Moonstone Grey, for £30 per month less.

Pano Roof, Matrix headlights are the main ones.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Big_GT wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:33 pm
stevefry789 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:19 pm Thanks for the feedback. To be honest i'm looking at getting it on a 4 year lease so not worried about residual value.

+ dual zone climate, keyless entry, rear bench cupholder/arm rest, variable height boot floor, illuminated door handles, more shades in ambient lighting. I think that might be it.

Deleted User 1733

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:38 pm

+ dual zone climate, keyless entry, rear bench cupholder/arm rest, variable height boot floor, illuminated door handles, more shades in ambient lighting. I think that might be it.
I thought the life 22 got keyless entry and start, arm rest and illuminated door handles and 30 colour ambient light ?
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Big_GT wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:51 pm

I thought the life 22 got keyless entry and start, arm rest and illuminated door handles and 30 colour ambient light ?
Quite possibly - I hear that the current life gets a lot of the old family spec. Forgot the rear camera, but I think the Life 22 has the camera.

Deleted User 1733

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:19 pm
Big_GT wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:51 pm

Quite possibly - I hear that the current life gets a lot of the old family spec. Forgot the rear camera, but I think the Life 22 has the camera.
I mean knowing VW it could turn up with MAX spec by then... Lucky Dip anyone ?