MY22.5 observations

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Skilldo

Post by Skilldo »

Picked my Family Pro Performance up last week and have been really enjoying it so far. Not many issues so far but a few gripes with the profiles.

I created the main driver profile and then my partner added a second user for herself. We both changed ambient lighting to colours we prefer thinking that they would be saved to each profile, however, getting in to the car the next day I found the lighting is reset on both profiles.

Driving modes don't appear to be saved to each profile either. I like driving in B mode and I assumed it would just default to that whenever my profile is in use but that's not the case.

Finally, I have side sensors and can use parking assist. I saw a video a few weeks ago showing the side lane monitoring on the instrument cluster and assumed I'd be able to use this. All I see on my instrument cluster is a single lane being monitored. Is that function a premium?
ID.3 Family Pro Performance, East Derry Alloys, Bike Hitch
Ordered 15/9/21
Delivered 18/6/22

mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

Skilldo wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:08 pm Finally, I have side sensors and can use parking assist. I saw a video a few weeks ago showing the side lane monitoring on the instrument cluster and assumed I'd be able to use this. All I see on my instrument cluster is a single lane being monitored. Is that function a premium?
Correct. That's travel assist (self driving down the centre of a lane). See viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2153 to hack it in if you want it, but it is apparently not that good as you also don't have a capacitive steering wheel, so the car doesn't know you have your hands on the wheel.
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I don't have the 'luxury' of driving profiles yet, but my wife's Taigo does and frankly though the app has more functionality for her, my profile is useless and when I drive the car it still defaults to hers. I am not expecting profiles on the ID to be any better if I ever get them.

As for B or D, these aren't really profile choices as you have to select manually as part of driving, I wouldn't expect a car to go straight into B or D when it recognised the driver.