2.4 update and battery replacement

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Noel

Post by Noel »

Booked in for the 2.4 update to Barnards of Stowmarket via the VW web page. Got an appointment for Tuesday 9th August. Took it in and was told that some updates were going smoothly, some had unspecified hiccups. Got a call from the dealer this morning saying that the update had completed last evening and that everything looked good. Picked it up at 9am this morning, almost exactly 24 hours after taking it in. So far all looks good. Software now 2.4. I only gave them one key but the wife has taken the car out with her key and no problems found yet.

Noel

Post by Noel »

In addition to the above, the garage gave me a leaflet explaining the procedure to be followed to implement the 3.0 update when available. Is everyone else getting that leaflet?
chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

Noel wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:14 pm In addition to the above, the garage gave me a leaflet explaining the procedure to be followed to implement the 3.0 update when available. Is everyone else getting that leaflet?
Yep
C Nile

Post by C Nile »

Nice lady from local dealer, Hayseldens of Doncaster, has just rung to ask if I was still OK for taking mine in tomorrow am, and not to forget my license.No mention of bring both sets of keys but will take both in case
Life Pro Performance, 58Kw, Manganese Grey,
19"Andoyas. Picked up 9 July 21 from local VW with 2.1 updated to 2.3 Oct.
7 Kw Pod Point Solo 2, now a solo 3 after new pcb fitted.
Noel

Post by Noel »

I found that you do not need both keys.
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

I'm taking my car in tomorrow.
[imghttps://www.id3forums.co.uk/download/file.php?mode=view&id=1940][/img]

Does anyone know what a DVLA check code is please?

DVLACheckCode.png

Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]
aayron

Post by aayron »

Raxacorico wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:05 pm I'm taking my car in tomorrow.

Its a check that car hire companies want so they know you aren't disqualified or similar. I guess they want that for the courtesy car insurance. An online search will take you to the DVLA page.
Id.3 107KW Family Pro 58kWh, Makena Turquoise, East Derry Wheels
Ordered 30/10/21
Order Number 31528XXX
Build Week 47(2022)
Received Week 4 (2023)
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

aayron wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:13 pm
Raxacorico wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:05 pm I'm taking my car in tomorrow.

Its a check that car hire companies want so they know you aren't disqualified or similar. I guess they want that for the courtesy car insurance. An online search will take you to the DVLA page.
Many thanks aayron! Went to the DVLA website and created a PDF of the whole thing - print out to show the Dealership.
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]
rawws

Post by rawws »

rawws wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:03 am Dropped mine off yesterday morning will see how it goes
Collected it today all went well no issues not sure why everyone else is seeing issues, and

Few things noticed all positives

UI noticeably faster and navigation location still saved

home button changed can customse its icon etc. to flags icons

Changing driving mode changes the theme of display colour sport is red , comfort blue eco green etc

DAB radio UI seem improved layout

Not charged it yet with rapid charger to see if 100kw barrier is breached

Overall great experience was a bit worried with some of the posts etc.

Will see if 3.0 over the air comes in near future
ID3 Business Pro Performance 58kw
rawws

Post by rawws »

Scratch wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:43 pm
Mikster wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:05 am Might be just a glitch for me but worth noting if you are booked in. Had the 2.4 update late last week which seemed to go smoothly. However, my wife went out this morning in the car with her set of keys and they are not working - have tried to resync to no avail. Dealer suggesting that the key needs completely recoding....might be coincidence but could be worth taking both sets of keys with you when you take it into the dealer to save the bother!
That’s a good call, thank you. Has anyone else noticed this, or just not noticed - yet?
my spare key still works too
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

rawws wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:51 pm
rawws wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:03 am Dropped mine off yesterday morning will see how it goes
Collected it today all went well no issues not sure why everyone else is seeing issues, and

Changing driving mode changes the theme of display colour sport is red , comfort blue eco green etc

I seem to remember that there was a time in the past year, when that was possible. Also, same with the driving mode colours.
rawws

Post by rawws »

Also the rear camera view seems clearer maybe just me
rawws

Post by rawws »

Menu now swipes left and right instead of up and down
rawws

Post by rawws »

Android auto even more responsive now
ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

Just got my car back from the garage after 2.4. However going into my settings in the car it still says ID software 2.3.0. Is this expected?

9AEAAE42-DB5E-4359-8BBB-B88637A41F97.jpeg

I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Yes, it's the same for everyone. The '0912' indicates you have 2.4 - before it was 0910. VW have said they will aim to update the ID software version number in future updates.... :roll:
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

rawws wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:24 pm Also the rear camera view seems clearer maybe just me
This is one of the improvements VW promised with 2.4 - they basically just said this plus efficiency improvements*. There is also a charging speed improvement for 58kwh batteries and for many people the lagginess seems better, at least to start with. Some of those things you listed were in 2.3 - were you still on 2.1 before?

*I saw a thread on Facebook with a lot of people saying they thought their efficiency was a little better with 2.4 even in summer. It's too soon for me to notice anything yet but my long term trip got reset as part of the process so I'll monitor how the next six months compares to the previous.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

rawws wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:51 pm

I assume you were on 2.1 prioir to this update as most of your findings are updates from 2.3 ?
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I'm getting a bit jittery over the whole update, I have no serious issues with mine on 2.3 and have seen so many horror stories now with bricked cars, some down for weeks already, and frankly nothing particularly positive about the benefits of 2.4 once installed.
There also seem to be a lot of issues starting to become apparent with 3.0 If I am honest all I wanted was better efficiency in the winter, but I might hold out on 2.3 for now.
vanb

Post by vanb »

G43FAN wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:18 am I'm getting a bit jittery over the whole update, I have no serious issues with mine on 2.3 and have seen so many horror stories now with bricked cars, some down for weeks already, and frankly nothing particularly positive about the benefits of 2.4 once installed.
There also seem to be a lot of issues starting to become apparent with 3.0 If I am honest all I wanted was better efficiency in the winter, but I might hold out on 2.3 for now.
I agree. I’ve only had my ID.3 since late March 2022 and everything works well. I’ve had no problems at all. Don’t want to be without the car for a couple of days if everything is okay for me at the moment. As they say, ‘if it’s not broken-why fix it’! I’ll wait until the dealer contacts me, which will probably be next year. Hopefully, the teething issues will be sorted by then. 🤞