2.4 update and battery replacement

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

Tried the dealer last week knew nothing about it. Tried again this morning and now car is booked in for 3/8/22, the first date they had available.
Guy told me they received all the info they needed today, also said they had close to 1000 to do on their books.

Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

I e-mailed my dealership, via the update page on the VW website. That was last Wednesday. I had an automated response [within minutes] from that dealership, but nothing since.
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Raxacorico wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:11 pm I e-mailed my dealership, via the update page on the VW website. That was last Wednesday. I had an automated response [within minutes] from that dealership, but nothing since.
I did the same and had the same experience with my local dealer. I also reached out to the dealer I bought the car from (12 miles away) and they were much more responsive, had an interesting conversation where the guy was telling me VW haven't provided them with the technical kit they need yet (but sounds like that's imminent) so they are booking customers in for 2 weeks away and onwards, which is what I did.
SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels
Pod Point Solo / Octopus Go Faster
duckworthsj

Post by duckworthsj »

Similar problem here. After getting tired of the over the air updates losing my settings and lack of reliability on scheduled charges, I contacted the dealer where we bought the car. I asked about getting the software iodate done. They told me ‘there are no listed updates available for your car🙁’. ‘But we will book you in to look at the charging problem and maybe that will trigger something’. 😳
Hers: ID3 204ch Pro Performance Denim Blue Black Roof. East Derry alloys, Pack Comfort Plus, Pack Assistance Plus.
His: Mini Cooper S-Electric 184ch ‘Yours’ (UK Level 3) Chili Red, Black Pack, Heat Reflective Windows… And lots of fun
daveevans8

Post by daveevans8 »

Just booked my car in for the update/battery on 02/08......

Member of staff who answered the phone had not heard of the recall but spoke to a manager who said to book me in.

Want the car for 2 days in case it 'overruns'
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

I've just received an e-mail from VW themselves, asking me to get in touch with a dealership! I replied that I had, but had had no response bar the auto-reply.
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Mines booked in for friday.
Inchcape Stockport. They said they were doing them on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Seemed to have lots of availability.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

After complaining on the Software 3.1 thread last week that VW only send me marketing emails aimed to get me to buy something from them, I have this afternoon received an email from VW inviting me to book my car in for the 12V battery replacement and software 2.4 update. Haven't tried booking my car in yet, but maybe this is progress.
l4oth

Post by l4oth »

Mine is being done on Wednesday this week.

I will let you know how that goes.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

I posted up where I was getting mine done. Might be worth others sharing that too? So those near can call them up and arrange the upgrade?

Ps. Mine didn’t mention any 2 day thing - and not even a courtesy car (I’d rather get it done sooner and get the bus back!). Also my appointment is at 9:45 am - on a Friday so clearly they don’t expect it to take too long!
vanb

Post by vanb »

MotMot wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:40 pm I posted up where I was getting mine done. Might be worth others sharing that too? So those near can call them up and arrange the upgrade?

Ps. Mine didn’t mention any 2 day thing - and not even a courtesy car (I’d rather get it done sooner and get the bus back!). Also my appointment is at 9:45 am - on a Friday so clearly they don’t expect it to take too long!
Got my ID.3 from Inchcape Macclesfield but live closer to Inchcape Stockport. Will be interesting to see how it goes for you. If it goes well, may try to book in at Stockport. Thanks.
l4oth

Post by l4oth »

MotMot wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:40 pm I posted up where I was getting mine done. Might be worth others sharing that too? So those near can call them up and arrange the upgrade?

They have mine booked in for two days but I am hoping it won’t take more than one.

A bit like you I went for getting it done with no courtesy car - they are collecting the car so no bus required.
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

l4oth wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:03 pm Mine is being done on Wednesday this week.

How did you get it booked so soon? Did you call them?
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
l4oth

Post by l4oth »

rikimaru wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:05 pm
l4oth wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:03 pm Mine is being done on Wednesday this week.

How did you get it booked so soon? Did you call them?
Yes I phoned them.
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

I eventually phoned my dealership (Monday), but was told by reception that no one was available - I'm still waiting for the promised call back!
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Raxacorico wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:13 am I eventually phoned my dealership (Monday), but was told by reception that no one was available - I'm still waiting for the promised call back!
Call them instead. I was on hold for 30 min before getting through last night - so they’re clearly busy…

As one of the posters here or on the FB page said - their dealer had 1000 upgrades to get through…. Even at 10 a day (optimistic?) that’s 20 solid weeks work…
C Nile

Post by C Nile »

So contacted my dealer once more, cos he didnt ring me yesterday even though he said he would and this time I'm booked in on 1st Aug, but no loan cars available even though the VW invite to book said mobility would be provided, they probably meant local bus service. He said in for 8 and probably pick up around 4ish. We'll see.
Life Pro Performance, 58Kw, Manganese Grey,
19"Andoyas. Picked up 9 July 21 from local VW with 2.1 updated to 2.3 Oct.
7 Kw Pod Point Solo 2, now a solo 3 after new pcb fitted.
Yojoh2o

Post by Yojoh2o »

How can I ascertain what level of software my ID3 has? I have all the usual ID3 problems and it has just come back from the dealer workshop. They say they have upgraded to the latest level but frankly I dont believe them.
C Nile

Post by C Nile »

Local dealer phoned back to offer me a service package less than an hour after we booked my id3 in for the update. Offer was for a service upon its arrival at 2 years old, to include the pollen filter, brake check and top up and an MOT at 3 years all for the sum of £199 plus vodka and tonic, doesn't sound bad cos tests can be dear on their own.
Life Pro Performance, 58Kw, Manganese Grey,
19"Andoyas. Picked up 9 July 21 from local VW with 2.1 updated to 2.3 Oct.
7 Kw Pod Point Solo 2, now a solo 3 after new pcb fitted.
Mo1

Post by Mo1 »

Yojoh2o wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:20 am How can I ascertain what level of software my ID3 has? I have all the usual ID3 problems and it has just come back from the dealer workshop. They say they have upgraded to the latest level but frankly I dont believe them.
press 'Settings' then scroll to 'System information' to get this screen

Software iD3 Feb 2022.jpg

iD3 Tour 77kWh, White 73 Plate.
Octopus energy £50 referral https://share.octopus.energy/ashen-mule-519

Octopus Juice £5 referral https://electricjuice.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=ashen-mule-519