2.4 update and battery replacement

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Kirkbysteve

Post by Kirkbysteve »

After a week of waiting for a response to an email to my local dealer, through the VW website, I finally lost patience and called them directly. Car now booked in for the update on Thursday 28th July with a courtesy car (at a cost of £20 to cover insurance).
Will wait to see how this goes.

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

I also got no response from emails sent to dealer so called them this afternoon. Went through to their central servicing bookings team. The person I spoke to knew all about 2.4 and car is booked in for the 26th.
Like others we will see how it goes.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Gannet15

Post by Gannet15 »

Dropped in to dealer today and now booked in for update on 21st July. Told update could take 5 to 6 hours but, in case of problems, might run into a second day in workshop.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Kirkbysteve wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:51 pm After a week of waiting for a response to an email to my local dealer, through the VW website, I finally lost patience and called them directly. Car now booked in for the update on Thursday 28th July with a courtesy car (at a cost of £20 to cover insurance).
It's a recall it shouldn't be costing you a penny.. tell them to ask VW for the £20
Kirkbysteve

Post by Kirkbysteve »

G43FAN wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:14 pm
Kirkbysteve wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:51 pm After a week of waiting for a response to an email to my local dealer, through the VW website, I finally lost patience and called them directly. Car now booked in for the update on Thursday 28th July with a courtesy car (at a cost of £20 to cover insurance).
It's a recall it shouldn't be costing you a penny.. tell them to ask VW for the £20
Thanks for the advice. Will sort that out
Tyr-85

Post by Tyr-85 »

called my local dealer today and all booked for next Thursday. they did say it would take two days to do!
ID3 Tour Pro S Stonewashed Blue
Bridle vehicle leasing Lease company
Order number 31401XXX
baguette

Post by baguette »

I just tried to book some unrelated service for my ID.3 here in Finland via the volkswagen.fi website (was planning to ask if they would do the 2.4 update at the same time) and was surprised to see that the service site actually offered me the 2.4 update and battery replacement, so I've booked myself in for that, middle of next month.

I haven't been contacted by Volkswagen or my dealer to indicate that the 2.4 upgrade is even available, so they're not exactly being proactive about it.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Kirkbysteve wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:37 pm
G43FAN wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:14 pm
Thanks for the advice. Will sort that out
Good Luck, I've just tried to book mine in to be told " we don't do courtesy cars ".
VengefulSeal

Post by VengefulSeal »

I just booked mine online. I'd called the dealer last week and was told to go away...

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/owners- ... e-2-4.html

is the link, I clicked through there and I'm booked for 2nd August. The VW page wanted £20 for the courtesy car as well. I work around the corner from the dealer so not needed.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

From my dealer (in the past) the £20 has been to cover the courtesy car insurance. if your own insurance covers other vehicles then the charge is waived... that was last year so might have changed. I'm happy to get the bus...
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

My dealer had no technician availability for the update until end of August. So booked it in then.
I think I’ve had enough of VW.
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
Up the jumper

Post by Up the jumper »

booked for 12th August. Dealer wanted £30 for "insurance"........hmmmmmmm
Id3 Family Pro 58kwh, moonstone ordered 23/7/21 Picked up 4/3/22
Gloucestershire.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

What's all this about £20 or £30 for insurance? Quote from email telling me to book the appointment:

"This service appointment is expected to take one working day and will be complimentary.Please contact your local Retailer to book an appointment and to discuss any replacement car requirements."

I read that as the replacement car is complimentary as well as the update.

My dealer didn't mention any charges when I booked the appointment - yet.
Up the jumper

Post by Up the jumper »

Up the jumper wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:00 am booked for 12th August. Dealer wanted £30 for "insurance"........hmmmmmmm
Further to this just had a call back from the dealer. They have said they will need the car for 2 days. I am having difficulty understanding why this is necessary. Has anybody yet had 2.4 installed by a dealer (ie post delivery) and so has an actual real world timescale?
Id3 Family Pro 58kwh, moonstone ordered 23/7/21 Picked up 4/3/22
Gloucestershire.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Didn’t someone have their ID4 done recently?
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Tooks did (SpeakEV) and it was done in a day but they found a load of other errors they needed to fix/look at so wanted it for another day
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

What's this summer health check and is it worth it?

EDIT: Booked for 20th July (next Wednesday)
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

rikimaru wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:34 pm What's this summer health check and is it worth it?
They'll check your tyre pressures, top up your screenwah and check your lights on top of the normal health check the do anyway in order to suggest other things you'll need doing.. tyre replacment usually. So I would suggest 'No'.
l4oth

Post by l4oth »

Day 1 of the 2.4 upgrade…..

They phoned and said they would need to keep the car until tomorrow.

What is interesting is I imagined that whilst upgrading the car they would have plugged the car in, but looking at the app, apparently not.
alex1337

Post by alex1337 »

l4oth wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:23 pm Day 1 of the 2.4 upgrade…..

They phoned and said they would need to keep the car until tomorrow.

What is interesting is I imagined that whilst upgrading the car they would have plugged the car in, but looking at the app, apparently not.
Wouldn't count on free electricity these days.

Is VW 30 years behind in technology? How does swapping out a battery and updating software take over a day. Software update probably on a floppy disk.
ID.3 Tour Pro S Glacier White - Plan Car Leasing. Build week... 69?

Now cancelled for a Cupra Born V2 Vapor Grey arriving September 2022