Update to v3.0 software and car won’t charge

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Stig2011

Post by Stig2011 »

Two possibly unrelated threads here, so bear with me.

I’ve had my Life since May. It came with v3.0 software and has charged reliably at home using both solar divert and timed charging with home Hypervolt. Car was on timed overnight charge last night to 90% as heading off to daughters graduation today. As I woke up In the early hours I thought I would check state of charge. Wasn’t working so decided to go out and restart. Still couldn’t get charge to start. Just went through white flashing set up and then clunk as released cable and turned red. Had another go this morning and still not working.

While sat in car last night saw had a notification. Clicked through to see it was telling me stationary air con not available then got message that software update available. I should have taken photo but had about 6 or 7 updates including to fix the online shop, increase charging speed and bug fixes. Ahah I thought maybe not charging as ability disabled until updated (like error messages people got for 2.1). So duly accepted update which seemed to apply almost straight away.

This morning while still trying to get to charge checked out new shop where can buy games for £nil. I haven’t looked for any other changes.

Car currently not on charge, left and locked for 20 mins to see if it sorts itself out.

So, anyone else with 3.0 had this update and has anyone else had problem home charging or is my problem just a coincidence? Any suggestions as to how to fix. I’m thinking I might try local DC charger to see if that works so we can at least go out today with hope of getting back home.

Edited to say despite update. Software in car still showing as 3.0.0.
Life Pro Performance/Assistance Pack/Scale Silver/ East Derry Wheels

Stig2011

Post by Stig2011 »

Ok so took car for drive round the block and back to charging ok - phew. Although doesn’t really build confidence in car.

Also took the photos below of new shop functionality. Looks like can now add a wecharge App to the car.

95E605A5-F633-4F5C-9676-459BB98E331F.jpeg

Not tried to download games yet. Have to add some billing info ( no doubt so all set up when have something they want to charge for)

6B3FE411-5709-48CC-922D-B38494C15A4A.jpeg

Life Pro Performance/Assistance Pack/Scale Silver/ East Derry Wheels
Mikee

Post by Mikee »

My car will only charge at 2kw on a scheduled charge so far. Not sure if it's a car problem as I've yet to try and charge it during the day.

I'm waking up to alot of errors for slow charging or the charger not being able to communicate with the car.
Family Pro - Kings Red - Sport Suspension - Alloys - Heat Pump