User settings

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
bluewaters905

Post by bluewaters905 »

Hi all

I finally took delivery of my ID3 last week, and I've got a question about the user settings:

My wife and I are different users, but other than the colour scheme the choice of user seems to do very little... I was hoping/expecting it might adjust the mirrors as we have very different settings, but that doesn't seem to be the case?

I've read that it doesn't associate phones with users, i.e. if she's driving it users her phone, if I'm driving it uses my phone...

I expected the different user settings to be more like they are on a computer, but it seems it's quite limited at this stage? Is there a list of which settings are specific to the user, and which aren't? We don't have electric seats, which I understand do change with the user.

Any other tips for a brand new ID3, and new EV owner?

Thanks!

Lecoche

Post by Lecoche »

I think the profiles option is in a bit of a mess, I was also under the impression that it would work like it does on a computer, however according to VW you can only have a Guest user with limited functionality aside from the main user. I ended up resetting the infotainment system and me and my wife now use the main user. Maybe in the in the not-so-distant future VW will allow for an additional proper user. There's still hope!
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

This video shows what should be available with software 3.0.

ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Mikee

Post by Mikee »

Newfie wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:36 am This video shows what should be available with software 3.0.

Interesting, I've got a 3.0 car already but don't have half of the extra features shown in the app. Guessing they're waiting for critical mass of users before releasing them.
Family Pro - Kings Red - Sport Suspension - Alloys - Heat Pump
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

The update to the app comes later in the summer, which summer is anyone's guess.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Our other VW has User profiles, they are pretty useless, I am not expecting the ID.3 to ever have any meaningful options.
mart101

Post by mart101 »

I've just joined the group and see a lot about settings changing. I had the same problem and think (fingers crossed) that I've cracked it. The solution is this:

1) using the main VW App (not We Connect) go to Settings > Mobile online services

2) scroll down to Personalation and turn it OFF.

3) go back to the top of the page and press SAVE.

Once this is done new settings won't be saved to the App which never seems to synchronise properly with the Car. But settings inside the car will be stored by the car and not change.

My settings have now been good for 5 days.
2023 Id3 Family Pro Performance