Seat belt extenders

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
hitmon

Post by hitmon »

Has anyone found a solution to fit 3 young children in the back of an ID3?

Just received my ID3 and trying to squeeze 3 children into the back. Has anyone had much luck with getting 2 booster seats and a child seat in easily? 7yo, 5yo, and a 3yo.

The problem we've found is that the middle seat buckles are so narrow, that the narrowest booster we've found still covers the buckles, so child just can't reach under her booster to buckle herself in.

I've seen seat belt extenders on Amazon that would extend the buckle and make it easier for my children to buckle themselves in, but reluctant to try them as I just don't trust the safety of them, especially from Amazon. Does anyone know if VW do genuine extenders? Or know of any reputable ones?

Mooch

Post by Mooch »

hitmon wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:12 pm Has anyone found a solution to fit 3 young children in the back of an ID3?

Just received my ID3 and trying to squeeze 3 children into the back. Has anyone had much luck with getting 2 booster seats and a child seat in easily? 7yo, 5yo, and a 3yo.

The problem we've found is that the middle seat buckles are so narrow, that the narrowest booster we've found still covers the buckles, so child just can't reach under her booster to buckle herself in.

I've seen seat belt extenders on Amazon that would extend the buckle and make it easier for my children to buckle themselves in, but reluctant to try them as I just don't trust the safety of them, especially from Amazon. Does anyone know if VW do genuine extenders? Or know of any reputable ones?
What about the inflatable booster for the 7yo in the middle?
It's a pain having 3 seats. Ours are so close together in age we've had to go for a Q7 for our other car just to fit them all in.
hitmon

Post by hitmon »

[/quote]
What about the inflatable booster for the 7yo in the middle?
It's a pain having 3 seats. Ours are so close together in age we've had to go for a Q7 for our other car just to fit them all in.
[/quote]

The Bubblegum inflatable booster is the one I'm on about in the post, it sits wider than the buckles in the middle :(

Yeh our other car is an Alhambra but it would be nice to fit all 3 for short journeys.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Put one of the kids in the front and squeeze an adult in the back