V3.0 Software and ACC

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

One of my biggest gripes with the ID3 is when using ACC and leaving a 40mph limit, and immediately entering a 60mph limit, the car thinks it's now in a 30mph area. So the car slows down, annoying following vehicles, before deciding it should be a 60mph limit, and speeds up again. Does anyone know if this is fixed with the V3.0 software?

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

That sounds like a specific location problem either due to an error in the map or due to a 30mph sign the car is picking up on a side road. I've never seen the specific issue you describe and never heard of it from anyone else. Software 3.0 cars use the same map data so I'd be surprised if you saw any change. I doubt 3.0 will make any difference to the general issue of picking up incorrect speed signs, that hasn't been mentioned.
If you mean your car does this specific behaviour repeatedly in different places, then that's a fault with your car. I guess new software might fix it but I'd see your dealer if it's a problem for you.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
C Nile

Post by C Nile »

My car has developed a similar fault recently. On one stretch of road close to my home, the limit is 40 on the posts all the way for about 3 miles, but the car slows to 30 in one place before jumping back to 40, and then carries on until about 400 yds from the 30 limit sign, at this point it drops me to 30 and the nav obviously shows 30 at the same time. The side street at this point has a 20 sign at its start so obviously my car can't read.
Life Pro Performance, 58Kw, Manganese Grey,
19"Andoyas. Picked up 9 July 21 from local VW with 2.1 updated to 2.3 Oct.
7 Kw Pod Point Solo 2, now a solo 3 after new pcb fitted.
baguette

Post by baguette »

Around here the ACC thinks every motorway interchange is a 120 kph zone. :lol: I've gotten in the habit of just switching off ACC any time I'm exiting the motorway. The sign reading portion of ACC works very well. The accuracy of the map database leaves something to be desired.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

sidehaas wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:28 pm That sounds like a specific location problem either due to an error in the map or due to a 30mph sign the car is picking up on a side road. I've never seen the specific issue you describe and never heard of it from anyone else. Software 3.0 cars use the same map data so I'd be surprised if you saw any change. I doubt 3.0 will make any difference to the general issue of picking up incorrect speed signs, that hasn't been mentioned.
If you mean your car does this specific behaviour repeatedly in different places, then that's a fault with your car. I guess new software might fix it but I'd see your dealer if it's a problem for you.
I suspect it’s a problem with my car then. There are multiple places that I visit where it occurs. I’ll leave it until my V2.4 update in September.
C Nile

Post by C Nile »

My 2.4 update with battery, booked for 11th August so will see if anything corrects itself when I get it back, supposedly just a one day job he said
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Just switch off the sign post recognition part of the ACC?
C Nile

Post by C Nile »

The ACC works fine on other roads, just this one causes the problem, and there is no 30 sign anywhere along this road, apart from the one it manages to see from 400 yds.
scarecrow101

Post by scarecrow101 »

I have software version 3.0 and my Dads car has 2.3 and I drive his car sometimes as we work together. 3.0 is ALOT better on all things to do with the road, it holds its lane better when using travel assist, it doesnt get bothered by the curbs as much and ive never faced an issue with it reading signs wrong, its just a whole lot smoother than 2.3, so stick it out you'll have it soon.
Family Pro Performance MY 22.5 | Software 3.0
C Nile

Post by C Nile »

So Monday my 18 month old went in the dealers for a dose of looking at. With regard to road speed signs it has a mind of its own on random occasions.
One of their technicians had the use of it for the week and when I phoned today for an update was pleased to hear he had seen the same problems at various locations, such as being in a 30 speed limit in a set of road works on a motorway, when the car suddenly decided to ramp up to 70 on 3 occasions in the same contraflow. He and I sat together at the dealers and put together a resume for him to send to VW on Monday. I got my car back at the end of our conversation cos I know how to cope with it. Had a Tiago auto on the borra whilst mine was being assessed so not left high and dry by my dealer, Hayseldens in Donny
C Nile

Post by C Nile »

So Monday my 18 month old went in the dealers for a dose of looking at. With regard to road speed signs it has a mind of its own on random occasions.
One of their technicians had the use of it for the week and when I phoned today for an update was pleased to hear he had seen the same problems at various locations, such as being in a 30 speed limit in a set of road works on a motorway, when the car suddenly decided to ramp up to 70 on 3 occasions in the same contraflow. He and I sat together at the dealers and put together a resume for him to send to VW on Monday. I got my car back at the end of our conversation cos I know how to cope with it. Had a Tiago auto on the borra whilst mine was being assessed so not left high and dry by my dealer, Hayseldens in Donny
chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

Yes, when you are C Nile you can tend to repeat things…

:)
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

scarecrow101 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:10 pm I have software version 3.0 and my Dads car has 2.3 and I drive his car sometimes as we work together. 3.0 is ALOT better on all things to do with the road, it holds its lane better when using travel assist, it doesnt get bothered by the curbs as much and ive never faced an issue with it reading signs wrong, its just a whole lot smoother than 2.3, so stick it out you'll have it soon.
That’s great to hear!

Do you know if 3.0 comes with the updated app functionality? Apparently 3.0 and beyond gets you notifications for when a door has been left open, as well as car location etc.
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

I have 3.0 via OTA and yes the app displays if a door or the boot is open.

It does not notify you.

You can also see if the car is unlocked but you can’t lock it.

In addition, the car location is visible on the map if it is not being driven.