EV charging grant - shared ownership

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

hi all, im about to get a Hypervolt installed in 3 weeks, due to a path between my house and parking space im having to bury the cable under the path (leaseholder requirement) and am mounting on a pedastol, overall this is costing me around £2000 which is a lot of money.

I thought the ev charge grant had ended but aparently still open for rented and flats. does anyone know if shared ownership falls into this (part rent part mortgage)? as i may be able to recover £350 of the costs but cant see anything about this?
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire

rich.83

Post by rich.83 »

The guidance is silent on shared ownership so it tough to give a straight answer. The Government considers shared ownership to be a home ownership product rather than rented so on that basis I would assume not.
However, the guidance for landlords says “ This guidance is for residential and commercial landlords, social housing providers or property factors seeking funding to install electric vehicle (EV) chargepoints in rental and leasehold properties.” As a leaseholder you may be able to approach your landlord and they could claim. I guess this would be at their discretion though, as it would creat work for them.
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

thanks for the answer that was my thoughts too, i have no chance of them claiming the grant (sovereign Housing) as i had to run through hoops just to get to this stage so might leave it.
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire