AVAS

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
ATommo

Post by ATommo »

My VW ID3 Tour Pro S was finally delivered 8 months after order.
I understand that AVAS is now mandatory on EVs sold in Europe. Does this also apply to the UK as I cannot hear any vehicle noise when driving mine?

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

It's quiet and only really noticeable in the cabin if you accelerate quickly when going slow. Find a spot to stop, open your windows and floor it. You should hear a spaceship type sound.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

Hi there, glad you’ve taken delivery of a long awaited Tour model, do you know what build weeks you’ve had and have you received the v3.0 software plus upgraded interior and spec as per the 22.5 model update?
ID.3 Tour Pro S - Glacier White
Ordered circa Sept 21 by Plan Car Leasing
Build week - Unknown, advised March 23 delivery
Order Number - 31401131 - Changed to 31401162
baguette

Post by baguette »

Drive around slowly with the windows open in an enclosed parking garage. You'll hear it.
ATommo

Post by ATommo »

Thanks for the replies. The car was originally scheduled for delivery in December 21. I have no idea if build weeks. Car has 2.3 software at the moment. It was parked awaiting chips for a few months so assume it isn’t last interior spec. Seats are trimmed in alcantara which was a pleasant surprise. Not sure what the revised interior comprises?
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

It does seem fairly quiet. Especially when I hear my neighbours Tesla Model Y. Now that really does sound like an alien invasion.