Has anyone had the 3.0 ota update yet?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Coops

Post by Coops »

Probably a daft question as I’m sure there would be a post on here, but has anyone had the software version 3.0 ota as yet, I’ve just had 2.4 installed in my id 3 family pro at Wrexham VW, it took 2 days and now I’m wondering if the roll-out of 3.0 has begun?

chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

VW announced it was starting this week with a relatively small test wave in Germany, it would roll out at increasing pace after that depending on how trouble-free (!) it proved to be.

Chris at Battery Life has been selected in the first wave so he may even have a video up later this week, which will probably be our first indications of how it has gone.

But a good idea to have a thread here ready to catch people’s experiences when it does happen. No idea how soon, or not, that will be in the UK!
Coops

Post by Coops »

Thanks Chrisfs,
Good info, I somehow managed to post this thread twice and can’t find a way of deleting 1, maybe admin can remove and consolidate info, I’ll keep a look out for the battery life video.
Buzzer

Post by Buzzer »

My new id3 came with 3.0...but the pdi took two weeks with quite a few issues so dont know if it was installed then or rolled out the factory with it.. FWIW android auto doesnt want to play at all.....
VW id3 family pro performance
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Buzzer wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:10 am My new id3 came with 3.0...but the pdi took two weeks with quite a few issues so dont know if it was installed then or rolled out the factory with it.. FWIW android auto doesnt want to play at all.....
It will have Rolled out of the factory with it, there's no other way to get it currently, and certainly not via a UK dealer.
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

My July car has it too. Seems it kills the cars ability to remember individual settings. So before you drive off you have to go through the menus selecting mirror dip, interior lighting colour, road feature prediction (off) etc. Ruddy nuisance basically!
2022 (22 plate) Pure performance 150PS - Moonstone Grey (cancelled order), standard spec.
Now Sold!!
thealford5

Post by thealford5 »

Hi
i thought i was getting the v3.0 upgrade.....
got the recall note for the new 12v battery and the v3 upgrade, contacted VW dealer, was told of another recall to "Apply wax to some sensor connections to prevent corrosion"
so booked car in for 2 days.
When we collected the car were told we had to do another 2 OTA downloads ( one at 7.5 hours and one at 4 hours) and the car was still at v2.3 on the software.?!!!! however there are no downloads to er download in the car system menu.

i believe the recall was to download software to allow the v3 download to be done OTA, so still a tad confused about the rationale for it but hey ho....

also had the 2 year "service" done and all was good only thing is having done 16,000 miles without issue, the rear tyres will need replaced about 20,000 miles, which is ok for the driven wheels of most cars..
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

thealford5 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:39 pm Hi
i thought i was getting the v3.0 upgrade.....
got the recall note for the new 12v battery and the v3 upgrade, contacted VW dealer, was told of another recall to "Apply wax to some sensor connections to prevent corrosion"
so booked car in for 2 days.
When we collected the car were told we had to do another 2 OTA downloads ( one at 7.5 hours and one at 4 hours) and the car was still at v2.3 on the software.?!!!! however there are no downloads to er download in the car system menu.

i believe the recall was to download software to allow the v3 download to be done OTA, so still a tad confused about the rationale for it but hey ho....

also had the 2 year "service" done and all was good only thing is having done 16,000 miles without issue, the rear tyres will need replaced about 20,000 miles, which is ok for the driven wheels of most cars..
What you got at the dealer is software v 2.4. for whatever bad reason it still says 2.3.0 in the system information part of the infotainment, but below that it will say software 0912 rather than 0910 previously.
There is information about the purpose of 2.4 here. It has also reduced lagginess (at least initially) and many people on Facebook seem to be reporting improved efficiency, although that seems a bit soon to me to know. If your car is a 58kwh model built before summer 2021 you will also now have higher peak charging speed at low SoC.
3.0 OTA has just this week going out to a small group of drivers in Germany essentially as guinea pigs. They'll roll it out further once any lessons are learnt from this first wave.

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/owners- ... e-2-4.html
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Kwr68

Post by Kwr68 »

Had my three weeks it came with it and I also had a update
HELLOROB20

Post by HELLOROB20 »

I have just ordered a 2022 Pro tour s - it has software 2.3 and the vw garage has said they have updated the software to 3.o but yesterday when I went to collect it it is still showing 2.3 in the settings menu and doesn't show % charge on the small screen - does the car need to be driven before the update takes effect? Any advice would be appreciated as I told vw to keep the car until 3.0 and % charge shows.
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

HELLOROB20 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:18 am I have just ordered a 2022 Pro tour s - it has software 2.3 and the vw garage has said they have updated the software to 3.o but yesterday when I went to collect it it is still showing 2.3 in the settings menu and doesn't show % charge on the small screen - does the car need to be driven before the update takes effect? Any advice would be appreciated as I told vw to keep the car until 3.0 and % charge shows.
Dealers cannot update to 3.0 but they need to update to 2.4 so as to receive 3.0 OTA.
If you have 2.4 the car will still show 2.3.0 under "ID. Software" but will show 0912 under "Software" if it shows 0910 you still have 2.3.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
HELLOROB20

Post by HELLOROB20 »

If 2.4 has been installed could the dealer not do the ota update to 3.0 before they handover the car to me?
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

HELLOROB20 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:29 am If 2.4 has been installed could the dealer not do the ota update to 3.0 before they handover the car to me?
Unfortunately not as it is not available as yet in the UK, they have started the rollout of 3.0 in a small wave in Germany and then other countries will follow after they see it being successful.
So it will be a little time yet before 3.0 is available here in UK
HELLOROB20

Post by HELLOROB20 »

Do you know if version 2.4 should speed up the "hello ID" response and if the % charge should show on the small screen?
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

HELLOROB20 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:41 am Do you know if version 2.4 should speed up the "hello ID" response and if the % charge should show on the small screen?
Not too sure if it speeds up the "Hello ID" but the % in the small display is not until 3.0
Have you checked to see if you have 2.4?
HELLOROB20

Post by HELLOROB20 »

Thanks for this info - I will have to check with the dealer on Monday if 2.4 has been installed with the numbers 0912 even though it says 2.3. In which case I will accept the car.
Yesterday the salesman tried to connect the "WeConnectID" - it didn't work - I plan to do scheduled charging using my podpoint so don't need WeConnectID for this and I'm not really bothered about seeing state of charge from my mobile or setting the air con or heating remotely. Do I need WeConnectID for software updates or do these appear on the infotainment screen?
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

HELLOROB20 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:17 pm Thanks for this info - I will have to check with the dealer on Monday if 2.4 has been installed with the numbers 0912 even though it says 2.3. In which case I will accept the car.
Yesterday the salesman tried to connect the "WeConnectID" - it didn't work - I plan to do scheduled charging using my podpoint so don't need WeConnectID for this and I'm not really bothered about seeing state of charge from my mobile or setting the air con or heating remotely. Do I need WeConnectID for software updates or do these appear on the infotainment screen?
You will need to register with the WeConnect ID app so as to get further OTA software updates. Some people do have problems connecting but perseverance pays off.
Hope it goes well on Monday for you. Despite the updates you will still enjoy the car.
HELLOROB20

Post by HELLOROB20 »

Thanks for your help
chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

The post above from sidehaas describes how you can check for yourself if you have 2.3 or 2.4. Go to Settings then System Information.

The top line will say 2.3 but about the 5th line down will say either 0910 or 0912.

If it says 0910, you have 2.3. If it says 0912, you have 2.4.

If it is the latter you can just sit back and wait until the car tells you it is ready to download 3.0. It might be some time though…
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

According to Chris at Battery Life, the people in the first waves (in Germany) are sent an email notifying them before the update.

So look out for that. The email usually arrives the week before the update.
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!