Weird issue

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
TheMack

Post by TheMack »

So the last 3 days (since the weather has started heating up again) I have noticed a bizarre issue. Our car is set to unlock if the key is set to within proximity if I touch the handle, and lock off course if I touch it on the outside edge.

After the car has been stood for several hours I have noticed I cannot open the boot or doors by simply touching the handles. Whats even more strange is the boot open button on my keyfob doesnt work, I have to use the unlock car button, then after this I can lock and unlock the car as normal for a while, until the car has once again been stood for several hours.

Has anyone else experienced this, and what on earth is it and why ?
ID.3 Family Pro 58kWh
Ordered Sep 2021
Delivered May 2022

whittaker52

Post by whittaker52 »

From my understanding, the key is motion sensitive, so if the key hasn't moved for a certain length of time, the key times out until it's moved and only then becomes active again when it's in close proximity of the car for extra safety.
MY 2023 58KW Makena Turquoise Max Pro Performance
Ordered: Mid-September 2021
Delivered May 31st 2023
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

whittaker52 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:42 pm From my understanding, the key is motion sensitive, so if the key hasn't moved for a certain length of time, the key times out until it's moved and only then becomes active again when it's in close proximity of the car for extra safety.
It also has to be in the right place, ie with the driver in the vicinity of the door being opened. It doesn't just work on a standard proximity sensor. If you put it in range on the ground nearby and try to open the door, the car will stay locked.
I'm not sure this is the reason for the OPs issue though.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Also you have to press the boot unlock button 2 or 3 times to unlock it.
Alongwait

Post by Alongwait »

The small issue I have is, while the car is unlocking when I approach the car. Sometime, when I try to lock it after getting out of the car, it would not lock when I touch the handle on the driver side. however, when I try it on the passenger side, it work. It only happen intermittently, and will monitor it.
24.09.21 Order Family Pro, Heat Pump, East Derry
26.09.21 Order No. received (31477xxx)
01.22 Factory Accepted
20.06.22 Built
04.07.22 Arrived at dealer
11.07.22 Delivered
Lister Nuneaton via Autoebid
TheMack

Post by TheMack »

Thank you for the posts so far,
To clarify, I had the keys in my pocket at the time (picked them up from off the side before leaving the house) and within 15cm of the door handle and within 10cm of the door.

So proximity and motion both checked.

I do wonder if it is heat related though and the sun on the car and heat is causing the system to have a fit.
ID.3 Family Pro 58kWh
Ordered Sep 2021
Delivered May 2022
Big277wave

Post by Big277wave »

After the 2.3 update the keyless system on my car became unreliable. It started with a reluctance to lock, then entry as well. Unlocking with the buttons on the key worked, but only when less than a car length away. Eventually the dealership replaced the keyless locking control module which fixed it.
1st Ed turquoise, white interior, 9/2020
Family Pro preformance, Makena turquoise, Andoya alloys
Ordered 22/9/ 2021 replacing 1st Ed which has been unreliable
Order No 31364***, pre order from July 2021
Status 70 on 25/11/22, build wk38
TheMack

Post by TheMack »

Big277wave wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:52 am After the 2.3 update the keyless system on my car became unreliable. It started with a reluctance to lock, then entry as well. Unlocking with the buttons on the key worked, but only when less than a car length away. Eventually the dealership replaced the keyless locking control module which fixed it.
Thank you for mentioning this I might have to contact the dealership about this...
ID.3 Family Pro 58kWh
Ordered Sep 2021
Delivered May 2022