WeConnectID app

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Bobp

Post by Bobp »

Checked out all of the above and all logins and passwords are ok. We connect.id app reloaded from playstore just now. App knows shows the correct car and model but no details such as charge level, tells me air con is off and if I try to switch it on it tells me I don't have a contract!!
ID3 Family pro, Stonewashed Blue, East Derry alloys, Heat Pump. (Sept 2021)
Zappi charger, solar panels

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Bobp wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:03 pm Checked out all of the above and all logins and passwords are ok. We connect.id app reloaded from playstore just now. App knows shows the correct car and model but no details such as charge level, tells me air con is off and if I try to switch it on it tells me I don't have a contract!!
On the Web page when you log in does it show a picture of your car with a more detals link and a We Connect symbol?
You may need to activate the We Connect functions, it will start a confirmation process..
If already active then It should show your contract period end date and other options.
char

Post by char »

Thanks for useful replies. So to summarise, the app is useful if you want to turn on your heating or aircon before you get in the car (can manage without), to tell you where you parked your car, or your phone, maybe (I’m not that senile yet, can live without), to let you know how your charging’s coming along (I can pop outside and have a look, so can live without), will probably be necessary for future software updates, will hopefully improve in time. The latter two have persuaded me to have another try, annoyingly.
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

According to the Spanish VW site, v3.0 of the car software will allow you to see the car location, locking/windows status.

I will believe it when I see it with my own eyes!