Tesla Charger in Bristol

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Andy1966

Post by Andy1966 »

Tesla have opened superchargers in Bristol here https://www.tesla.com/en_ca/findus/loca ... ger/302277
With a monthly Subscription of £8:99 cost is 36p per/kw or 45p per/kw peak time.
Considering the cost of Instavolt is 85p and other suppliers 75p its a no brainer.
Tesla have also signed a deal with Asda to install superchargers.
Ordered 31st Oct 2021 - Family Pro Performance
Original delivery date 31/04/2022 now 12/01/2023
Updated build date Wk 50
Finally collected 21/01/23
Order number 31064***

Benjiturp

Post by Benjiturp »

I used the Tesla chargers at Bristol IKEA the other day when travelling from Wrexham to Cornwall and was 36p/kW (after VAT), absolute bargain in comparison and was easy to use.

However, it was only charging at around 45 kWh for the whole session, I was expecting it to be much faster. I do have a faulty battery module so I wonder if that slows charging at all?
ID.3 Max (2022) in Manganese Grey
Andy1966

Post by Andy1966 »

Benjiturp wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:41 am I used the Tesla chargers at Bristol IKEA the other day when travelling from Wrexham to Cornwall and was 36p/kW (after VAT), absolute bargain in comparison and was easy to use.

However, it was only charging at around 45 kWh for the whole session, I was expecting it to be much faster. I do have a faulty battery module so I wonder if that slows charging at all?
Charging speeds can be effected by many factors, heat of battery etc.
The fastest charging speed I have managed is 75 kwh but that was after driving on the motorway for a few hours and the car at 7% charge!
I get an average of 45 - 47 kwh on the Tesla superchargers.
I imagine they are probably limited to this by Tesla. Only Tesla cars can charge at the full output, which makes sense as its a selling point for the car.
There were more opened this week to all cars.
I can imagine most will be open over the next few years. A real gamechanger as Tesla prices are far more competitive than other companies.
Ordered 31st Oct 2021 - Family Pro Performance
Original delivery date 31/04/2022 now 12/01/2023
Updated build date Wk 50
Finally collected 21/01/23
Order number 31064***
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Andy1966 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:44 am
Benjiturp wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:41 am I used the Tesla chargers at Bristol IKEA the other day when travelling from Wrexham to Cornwall and was 36p/kW (after VAT), absolute bargain in comparison and was easy to use.

Charging speeds can be effected by many factors, heat of battery etc.
The fastest charging speed I have managed is 75 kwh but that was after driving on the motorway for a few hours and the car at 7% charge!
I get an average of 45 - 47 kwh on the Tesla superchargers.
I imagine they are probably limited to this by Tesla. Only Tesla cars can charge at the full output, which makes sense as its a selling point for the car.
There were more opened this week to all cars.
I can imagine most will be open over the next few years. A real gamechanger as Tesla prices are far more competitive than other companies.
Much of this is incorrect, Tesla don't limit power for non Teslas and in most circumstances an ID3 should get anything it can take from a supercharger.
In terms of charging speed more generally, if you turn up below 10% after a long motorway drive at 70mph, then you should see at least 70-80kw and often 100+KW when it's not really cold. In summer I have seen the peak of 134kw about five times (mostly on Ionity). The single most important factor is being at low SoC when you plug in.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22). Also an ID.4 Max. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Cheese Fiend

Post by Cheese Fiend »

Thanks for the heads up! If I interpret their website correctly, even without membership the cost is "only" between 45-55p depending on time of day. Living in a block of flats without chargers, it's rare to find anywhere convenient for less than 80p (except for the GeniePoint ones). I'll be heading over to try it out as soon as I need a decent top up....

It would also seem that they've opened up the ones at John Lewis in the Mall - though I'm not sure if I've understood the website correctly. ?
ID.3 Tour Pro S - Glacier White
Ordered July 2021 via Drive The Deal
Delivered June 2022
Order Number - 3140xxxx