Help ....Charging Flap

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
EssJayKay

Post by EssJayKay »

I've tried everything apart from taking a screw driver to it!!

But I can't open the flap to charge my car any suggestions gratefully received

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

With the car fully unlocked (press the unlock on the key twice) you push the flap at the rear edge - that should be all that is needed.
EssJayKay

Post by EssJayKay »

scott28tt wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:58 am With the car fully unlocked (press the unlock on the key twice) you push the flap at the rear edge - that should be all that is needed.
Thanks I'll give it a go
EssJayKay

Post by EssJayKay »

It was the double blip that made the difference not mentioned in the handbook

Thank you
TomB

Post by TomB »

Just had the problem with the charger flap not opening when I went to charge the car after it had been parked for several hours. In despair on fourth charge since purchase. Many thanks, your tip worked. The car had to be fooled into thinking I had just got out of the car from a drive. Then it sprang open immediately.
DHail

Post by DHail »

Mine wouldn’t open even with keyless entry set to ‘All’ open. Started to drive to VW garage for help and then thought to stop and try to open... hey presto! Not had an issue so put it down to software glitch. In for 2.1 software so high hopes it will be gone forever!
Glasgowsheep

Post by Glasgowsheep »

TomB wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:02 am Just had the problem with the charger flap not opening when I went to charge the car after it had been parked for several hours. In despair on fourth charge since purchase. Many thanks, your tip worked. The car had to be fooled into thinking I had just got out of the car from a drive. Then it sprang open immediately.
Id3 forum saves the day.
Just did exactly that, jumped back out the car and flap opened. Panic averted
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Ours are sometimes a little stiff, requiring a hard press (harder than I've ever had to press on any of our ICE VWs) at the very end of the flap, on the upper half, just above the crease.

It's like the disengagement click of the latch is at the very end of travel on it, rather than 2/3 pushed in.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
ProstetnicVogonJeltz

Post by ProstetnicVogonJeltz »

You do have to press "unlock" twice to unlock the charging flap. And remember - to disconnect the cable you have to unlock then pull it out within 30 seconds. It probably tells you both these facts somewhere in the manual (paper or online) but this is so generic and wordy that it's not easy to find what you want.
Bill Manhire’s not getting any younger.
AndersG

Post by AndersG »

"You do have to press "unlock" twice to unlock the charging flap" - Great! I was already reaching for the crowbar.. Wife just sighs about cars where you need constant access to Google to operate :)