ID.3 U.K. Delivery Times

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

korky wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:40 pm probably true, ordered in aug with an estimated dec delivery, then jan then feb then back to jan
email today now saying mid-may!

Well this is depressing 😥
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203

Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

I ordered (Life Pro Performance, white and East Derry alloys) on October 9th and was told 30 weeks - week beginning May 8, so I guess it could now be into June or July. Oh well, luckily I’m in no hurry!
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

sausageroll wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:30 pm
Smitten wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:48 pm
vincent_van_go wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:16 pm

Good luck Dollop. We ordered our ID.3 Family on 30th June. As of this morning (beginning of 6th build week), still not out of a factory and no further update. Annoying furthermore is hearing that SE Asian cars (e.g. Hyundai Iqoniq 5), even with special-option build is still achieving 12-16 week delivery dates into Europe.....And that includes shipping timescales.....
Yes a friend ordered a Kia e Nero in early October and it will be at the dealer 1st week in January....pretty much 13 weeks from order to delivery.
Supply and demand. No doubt means less e-Niros being ordered.
Saw a Reuters article which suggested Hyundai may have stockpiled chips early on but is now also facing supply issues...
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
camsoft2000

Post by camsoft2000 »

I would take the estimated build dates with a pinch of salt, dealer told me he had a customer cancel because the build date was pushed back, and after the buyer cancelled the build date was moved forward again. Again this is likely why the tracker is offline until they can give more predictable estimations.
Original order : ID.3 Family 58kWh Pro Performance. *Cancelled*

Subsequent order: Polestar 2 pre-config *cancelled*

Current car: 2022 ID.4 Style 58kWh, s/w 3.0
Dollop

Post by Dollop »

If it helps anyone, I ordered 12 July, build week 37, told today it’s at the Docks waiting to ship to Uk, delivery about 3 weeks. Family pro performance
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Dollop wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:39 am If it helps anyone, I ordered 12 July, build week 37, told today it’s at the Docks waiting to ship to Uk, delivery about 3 weeks. Family pro performance
Good news for you!! :D And it is worth more than you paid for it!

I ordered 4 weeks later so my car will be in the same place on Dec 3rd then? :lol: I think not. No mine will be....end of February 2022 at the earliest. So the 4 weeks difference in ordering extended the delivery timeframe by 3 months or more! Anyway, it is what it is.
Ordered 21.8.21
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

Smitten wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:21 pm
Dollop wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:39 am If it helps anyone, I ordered 12 July, build week 37, told today it’s at the Docks waiting to ship to Uk, delivery about 3 weeks. Family pro performance

I ordered 4 weeks later so my car will be in the same place on Dec 3rd then? :lol: I think not. No mine will be....end of February 2022 at the earliest. So the 4 weeks difference in ordering extended the delivery timeframe by 3 months or more! Anyway, it is what it is.
Your lucky pal, I ordered week before you and mines not being built until May 😞😞
Life Pro 58KW
Makena Turquoise, Andoya wheels, assitance +
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff
justinjured

Post by justinjured »

Thanks. Had order conformation of my Family pro performance 1st July, with delivery estimated early November so fingers crossed it isn't far away!
Family Pro Performance, Glacier White, Andoya Wheels, Heat Pump, Bike Rack Preparation
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Tom_1985 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:26 pm
Smitten wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:21 pm

Your lucky pal, I ordered week before you and mines not being built until May 😞😞
Well it has all gone VERY quiet so I am expecting a LONG wait. Probably May as well by the sounds of it but, to be honest its all guesswork and depends on supplies of something VW do not control. On a positive front it will hopefully come complete with version 3.0 software, 135kW charging capability and a few other goodies so hopefully worth the wait. I can keep my existing lease car until April 24th and that can be extended if necessary so May would be OK I suppose.
Ordered 21.8.21
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

justinjured wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:36 pm Thanks. Had order conformation of my Family pro performance 1st July, with delivery estimated early November so fingers crossed it isn't far away!
Have you had any confirmation of earlier stages (e.g. build complete, left factory, waiting at a port etc.)?
wayn0

Post by wayn0 »

Just ordered a Family pro performance and i took the colour offered ( turquoise ) and will get it next month Dec
Gjrosser

Post by Gjrosser »

Ordered mine at end of August this year. Was initially told just before Christmas, then just after Christmas, then got the dreaded call yesterday that it’s now not before the end of February!! Some rubbish about a shortage of steel now as well.

I think VW are just pulling these times out of a hat.
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Gjrosser wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:30 pm Ordered mine at end of August this year. Was initially told just before Christmas, then just after Christmas, then got the dreaded call yesterday that it’s now not before the end of February!! Some rubbish about a shortage of steel now as well.

I think VW are just pulling these times out of a hat.
Can't see it as VW, personally. Sounds more like certain salesmen/dealers.

My logic for this is because I ordered mid-July and was told 5 months (mid-December).

Anyone who has ordered after mid-July and was told less than 5 months was either already picking up an order in the queue, or must surely have had a far too optimistic dealer.
tomstring

Post by tomstring »

As previously posted ordered my Family Pro Performance with alloys & heatpump mid August and was told February or March. All I have is an order number, nobody is able to give me a build week.
futrai

Post by futrai »

UPDATE
Dont bother contacting VW Chat or Customer service to progress of delivery if you have the Coms No because as from mid October this "service" is no longer available !!!!
I wonder why ?
My message to VW ...Watchout the Chinese are coming
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

futrai wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:04 pm UPDATE
Dont bother contacting VW Chat or Customer service to progress of delivery if you have the Coms No because as from mid October this "service" is no longer available !!!!
I wonder why ?
My message to VW ...Watchout the Chinese are coming
To be fair, I don't know why they opened up those channels of communication anyway. You want an update, ask your dealer. I say that as someone who endured a near-10-month wait for a VW back in 2018.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
justinjured

Post by justinjured »

sausageroll wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:00 pm
justinjured wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:36 pm Thanks. Had order conformation of my Family pro performance 1st July, with delivery estimated early November so fingers crossed it isn't far away!
Have you had any confirmation of earlier stages (e.g. build complete, left factory, waiting at a port etc.)?
Ordered through NHS fleet scheme which seems to provide even less info than main dealer. Just have confirmed order and estimated delivery.
Family Pro Performance, Glacier White, Andoya Wheels, Heat Pump, Bike Rack Preparation
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

tomstring wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:39 am As previously posted ordered my Family Pro Performance with alloys & heatpump mid August and was told February or March. All I have is an order number, nobody is able to give me a build week.
I ordered 15th August and was told mid January and then this has now extended to late Feb. I think March or April is more realistic. I also have no build week or any other information.
Ordered 21.8.21
tomstring

Post by tomstring »

I think you’re right. Beyond 30 April is awkward for me as my SEAT p/x becomes 3 years old, the warranty expires and it’ll need an MOT and 2 new summer tyres. Good luck.
Craig2710

Post by Craig2710 »

justinjured wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:37 pm
sausageroll wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:00 pm
Ordered through NHS fleet scheme which seems to provide even less info than main dealer. Just have confirmed order and estimated delivery.
NHS fleet are useless, I was given a delivery date for Late October and I’ve heard nothing. Every time you phone they just pawn it off. The dealership doesn’t seem to know either.