ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
Week 38 - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled for Wk22/2022
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit

Up the jumper

Post by Up the jumper »

Thanks for replies.....no chat button to be found. Thinking maybe a blocker on router....a bit frustrating.....
Id3 Family Pro 58kwh, moonstone ordered 23/7/21 Picked up 4/3/22
Gloucestershire.
Gannet15

Post by Gannet15 »

Had been looking at iD3 for some time but knew that waiting lists were growing. Took a gamble on 3rd July, primary choice Family Pro in Stonewashed Blue with Silver as second choice. Found out expected delivery December possibly January. Salesman found Factory Order Family Pro in silver with steel wheels, delivery late September and I collect it tomorrow.
vincent_van_go

Post by vincent_van_go »

Up the jumper wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:05 pm Thanks for replies.....no chat button to be found. Thinking maybe a blocker on router....a bit frustrating.....
Using a 'Private' or 'Incognito' browser session and head for this link https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/need-he ... ct-us.html

Chat is accessible every time via this route. Good Luck
JonC

Post by JonC »

Up the jumper wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:05 pm Thanks for replies.....no chat button to be found. Thinking maybe a blocker on router....a bit frustrating.....
I DM'd @ukvolkswagen on Twitter to ask for the status
AtrixMan

Post by AtrixMan »

I was looking for a Family Pro Performance Makena Turquoise. I was told by 1 dealer there was a 20 week wait, at the time this would have been mid January next year. I went to another dealer to place an order, was told Makena Turquoise would be discontinued by then. However they did have a new Business Pro Performance Makena Turquoise, for the same money, have purchased that and I collected it from the dealership last Monday.
Wadard

Post by Wadard »

Ordered a Tour in June 2021. Told now that delivery 'might be 2022'.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Wadard wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:49 pm Ordered a Tour in June 2021. Told now that delivery 'might be 2022'.

This doesn’t seem right. How does your order number compare with mine (in my signature)?

It should be considerably “lower”. For example Newfie - who ordered 2 weeks before me in July - has an order number 36,000 lower. So I’d expect your order number to be lower than that.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Utumno wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:12 pm
Wadard wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:49 pm Ordered a Tour in June 2021. Told now that delivery 'might be 2022'.

This doesn’t seem right. How does your order number compare with mine (in my signature)?

It should be considerably “lower”. For example Newfie - who ordered 2 weeks before me in July - has an order number 36,000 lower. So I’d expect your order number to be lower than that.
My o/n starts 314... I ordered 5 days after you and I think I have the same build week.

No idea as to when the delivery might be, as I've not actually had any contact from the dealer since they gave me an O/N 2 months ago
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

Gannet15 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:20 pm Had been looking at iD3 for some time but knew that waiting lists were growing. Took a gamble on 3rd July, primary choice Family Pro in Stonewashed Blue with Silver as second choice. Found out expected delivery December possibly January. Salesman found Factory Order Family Pro in silver with steel wheels, delivery late September and I collect it tomorrow.
But the real question is price. Did you sacrifice a bigger discount for a quick delivery?
9 Sep 21 Ordered ID.3 Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue & East Derry
13 Sep 21 PCP approved. VW No: 3131xxxx
24 Sep 21 Temp build wk43, conf' 46
22 Nov 21 Conf' build wk 49
10 Jan 22 Code 38 Awaiting ship-release (wk48 build)
01 March preferred collection
Dollop

Post by Dollop »

I ordered my ID3 Family on 12 July. Two weeks ago, VW confirmed my build week as week 37 (13th Sept) I asked for an update today and was told it was confirmed for wk37 but it’s now taking up to 4 weeks to build cars, some may be quicker! So I feel the rumour that they are building then parking until final build components arrive, may be true.
Gannet15

Post by Gannet15 »

Eventually, yes. Did try for better deal in late August due to rise in trade in prices but would have lost my deposit (paperwork signed in July) so would have halved my gain so just took the hit.
vincent_van_go

Post by vincent_van_go »

Dollop wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:35 am I ordered my ID3 Family on 12 July. Two weeks ago, VW confirmed my build week as week 37 (13th Sept) I asked for an update today and was told it was confirmed for wk37 but it’s now taking up to 4 weeks to build cars, some may be quicker! So I feel the rumour that they are building then parking until final build components arrive, may be true.
Good luck Dollop. We ordered our ID.3 Family on 30th June. As of this morning (beginning of 6th build week), still not out of a factory and no further update. Annoying furthermore is hearing that SE Asian cars (e.g. Hyundai Iqoniq 5), even with special-option build is still achieving 12-16 week delivery dates into Europe.....And that includes shipping timescales.....
vincent_van_go

Post by vincent_van_go »

Gannet15 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:44 pm Eventually, yes. Did try for better deal in late August due to rise in trade in prices but would have lost my deposit (paperwork signed in July) so would have halved my gain so just took the hit.
We were offered £6500 trade-in by local VW dealer when we ordered our ID.3 in late June. They graciously offered to 'hold the price' until delivery. I checked WeBuyAnyCar in June and they were offering £7200. I held out until late September whereupon WBAC gave me £8950. So presently better-off but without a car, whilst hoping VW can give me a ship date in November!
Pred

Post by Pred »

vincent_van_go wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:16 pm
Dollop wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:35 am I ordered my ID3 Family on 12 July. Two weeks ago, VW confirmed my build week as week 37 (13th Sept) I asked for an update today and was told it was confirmed for wk37 but it’s now taking up to 4 weeks to build cars, some may be quicker! So I feel the rumour that they are building then parking until final build components arrive, may be true.
Good luck Dollop. We ordered our ID.3 Family on 30th June. As of this morning (beginning of 6th build week), still not out of a factory and no further update. Annoying furthermore is hearing that SE Asian cars (e.g. Hyundai Iqoniq 5), even with special-option build is still achieving 12-16 week delivery dates into Europe.....And that includes shipping timescales.....
Hi Dollop and Vincent
I ordered my id3 family on 30th of June as well.
Build week confirmed 37 😂
But since then no updates
Do you have some updates on your order, I guess we may cross the channel on the same boat 🤷‍♂️
Dollop

Post by Dollop »

Nothin to report, no good asking, Dealer says it’s the same for everyone!! Really not good enough, however if it’s actually built after November1st, it will have the 12” screen and better door panels as I am led to believe. You couldn’t make it up.
camsoft2000

Post by camsoft2000 »

Don’t want to disappoint but spoke to my dealer today and he said while they do often build the cars around the estimated date they are then held for a long period of time due to needing chips so your car might have already been built. Essentially they haven’t stopped production they are just holding cars because they can’t finish them.

This is almost certainly why the tracker has been pulled as it is saying cars are built are being built when in fact they are not finished for weeks after that and I assume it leading to complaints.
Original order : ID.3 Family 58kWh Pro Performance. *Cancelled*

Subsequent order: Polestar 2 pre-config *cancelled*

Current car: 2022 ID.4 Style 58kWh, s/w 3.0
korky

Post by korky »

camsoft2000 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:43 pm Don’t want to disappoint but spoke to my dealer today and he said while they do often build the cars around the estimated date they are then held for a long period of time due to needing chips so your car might have already been built. Essentially they haven’t stopped production they are just holding cars because they can’t finish them.

This is almost certainly why the tracker has been pulled as it is saying cars are built are being built when in fact they are not finished for weeks after that and I assume it leading to complaints.
probably true, ordered in aug with an estimated dec delivery, then jan then feb then back to jan
email today now saying mid-may!
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Yes a friend ordered a Kia e Nero in early October and it will be at the dealer 1st week in January....pretty much 13 weeks from order to delivery.
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Smitten wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:48 pm
Yes a friend ordered a Kia e Nero in early October and it will be at the dealer 1st week in January....pretty much 13 weeks from order to delivery.
Supply and demand. No doubt means less e-Niros being ordered.