2.1 upgrade software has been updated

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

I spoke to my service company yesterday as they had to diagnose a fault, they believe the next update is coming before the end of July.

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

CarterHounslow wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:56 am I spoke to my service company yesterday as they had to diagnose a fault, they believe the next update is coming before the end of July.

Rollout is due to start next week: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=884
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

Is there any word on if there are any fixes though? Unless I have missed something, seems like it's two updates, one minor and then one major that will open up the ability to possibly buy stuff in the future. Personally right now I just want them to fix timed charging.
Deleted User 192

CarterHounslow wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:04 pm Is there any word on if there are any fixes though? Unless I have missed something, seems like it's two updates, one minor and then one major that will open up the ability to possibly buy stuff in the future. Personally right now I just want them to fix timed charging.

Nothing official, but I've read in a couple of places that timed charging won't be modified in this next round.
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

scott28tt wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:29 pm
CarterHounslow wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:04 pm Is there any word on if there are any fixes though? Unless I have missed something, seems like it's two updates, one minor and then one major that will open up the ability to possibly buy stuff in the future. Personally right now I just want them to fix timed charging.

Nothing official, but I've read in a couple of places that timed charging won't be modified in this next round.
Seriously, what's the point of that? Fix things that aren't broken but let's not touch the things that are. I sincerely hope you're wrong.
Deleted User 192

CarterHounslow wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:08 am Seriously, what's the point of that? Fix things that aren't broken but let's not touch the things that are. I sincerely hope you're wrong.

I hope the sources I've read are wrong too, although I use the timer on my charger so this is no big deal for me personally.
Id3 frustration

Post by Id3 frustration »

My car was with the dealer for four weeks with problems updating to 2.1. (Also to have the SOS module replaced) It looked good for a couple of days after I got it back then a previous intermittent fault reappeared with a clicking noise accompanied by the passenger reading light flashing.
Then the 12 volt battery charging failed. A couple of days later the car's Internet connection failed and has been like that for two days now.
A lesser preexisting fault of reduced output from the usb sockets is still there.
I think that I have had more than my fair share of problems.
Car is ID3 1st edition registered mid December 2020. I have owned it since mid February 2021.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

We call that a 'Montagsauto' in German (vehicle built on a Monday, when all the workers are still hungover from the weekend).

Sorry to hear, in the 80s my dad had a Golf GTD that qualified for the term as well.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
radar

Post by radar »

Do I understand that the upgrade now charges the cars 12 volt battery at the same time as the cars main battery is being charged? About to fit ddpi mola n3 dash cam with hardwire to my 1st Edition now 2 year old ID3. (of which I am delighted with)
Deleted User 192

radar wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:23 am Do I understand that the upgrade now charges the cars 12 volt battery at the same time as the cars main battery is being charged? About to fit ddpi mola n3 dash cam with hardwire to my 1st Edition now 2 year old ID3. (of which I am delighted with)

The 12V is monitored and topped up as needed, regardless of whether you’re charging the drive battery pack or not.

Would you have your dash cam on permanently or just when driving?
radar

Post by radar »

Thanks Scott, always interested in your replies. I will hard wire to enable a parking mode that has a controllable activation option, I will have it in dormancy mode so only switch's on when disturbed. Comes with a battery state monitor to close down when the battery level is too low.