Unable to load connection status

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Gemma 1

Post by Gemma 1 »

I'll tell you my experience. On Thursday 3 June, in the afternoon my ID.3 warns "Unable to load connection status". I look for this information in the forum and I reassure myself because the problem should resolve itself. The following Saturday (May 5th) the situation was still blocked, so I decided to try to remove fuse 19 for 20-30 seconds. So I did and after about an hour the ID.3 was online again and today the problem does not exist. I am not able to discriminate whether it would have resolved anyway without the intervention on F19; if it comes back I will try to wait without intervening to see if it will resolve anyway.
ID.3 Tech Pro, Glacier White, 7,5 J x 19" Andoya alloys, Heat Pump, Bicycle carrier prep, Software version 0912 (2.4)

dsilvapt

Post by dsilvapt »

I'm having same message. Started five days ago.

Where is the SIM card located?
Where can we find the fuse 19?
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

It’s an e-sim so no card per se.

I don’t know about the fuse location (deliberately keeping myself ignorant) but I can say with confidence I had this problem and it went away after not using the car for 3 days.
dsilvapt

Post by dsilvapt »

Today started to be online again. I've been using it every single day. It fixed himself...
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Had this for the first time today. In a reception area etc etc… 🤦‍♂️
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

And back again now 🤷‍♂️
conductorgainztrain

Post by conductorgainztrain »

Hi all,

I have an ID3 and am experiencing the same issue. Here's a timeline of what has happened so far:

May 2021 - Received delivery of ID3.

June to September 2021 – Intermittent vehicle error “Unable to load connection status”. The issue would persist for a week or two then clear by itself. When the error was present, I’m unable to control the vehicles climate, charging or see charge level via the app. When I get in to the car it will take circa 3 minutes before I can use any of the infotainment system inclusive of navigation and climate control. The sat nav will occasionally drop out and reset.

October 13th 2021 – Taken to VW Sutton Coldfield due to on-going vehicle error “Unable to load connection status”. VW Sutton Coldfield advised the car required an OTA software update but as it wasn’t able to connect online, they had to force the update manually at the garage. Car returned the same day.

October 14th 2021 – Error back again and booked in to VW Tamworth for December 3rd.

December 3rd 2021 – VW Tamworth rebooted vehicle and did the software update as Sutton Coldfield hadn’t updated the car. This was as per instructions sourced from VW Germany. My vehicle worked for roughly 1 week until the error returned.

January 13th 2022 – VW Tamworth recalled the car and advised a replacement comms module was required and was on special order. Error still present.

February 13th 2022 – Unable to drive the car as the electronic parking brake had malfunctioned and was permanently engaged. The fault cleared over-night.

February 14th 2022 – VW Tamworth installed replacement part and they had also reset the parking brake. The car was error free for 24hrs.

February 16th 2022 – “Unable to load connection status” error has returned. VW tell me it may be an issue with the satellites but will get back in touch.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

conductorgainztrain wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:56 am Hi all,

I have an ID3 and am experiencing the same issue. Here's a timeline of what has happened so far:
May 2021 - Received delivery of ID3.
Was it connecting at this stage?

June to September 2021 – Intermittent vehicle error “Unable to load connection status”. The issue would persist for a week or two then clear by itself. When the error was present, I’m unable to control the vehicles climate, charging or see charge level via the app. When I get in to the car it will take circa 3 minutes before I can use any of the infotainment system inclusive of navigation and climate control. The sat nav will occasionally drop out and reset.
Sounds like the module has a fault, the 3 minute start up time was standard for software 2.1 or earlier which you would have had then

October 13th 2021 – Taken to VW Sutton Coldfield due to on-going vehicle error “Unable to load connection status”. VW Sutton Coldfield advised the car required an OTA software update but as it wasn’t able to connect online, they had to force the update manually at the garage. Car returned the same day.
I presume the OTA update they were talking about at that point was the just announced 2.3 update. This has/had absolutely nothing to do with your issue and sounds like dealer BS. There's no way they could have forced 2.3 manually either.

October 14th 2021 – Error back again and booked in to VW Tamworth for December 3rd.
Unsurprised as it appears SC did nothing

December 3rd 2021 – VW Tamworth rebooted vehicle and did the software update as Sutton Coldfield hadn’t updated the car. This was as per instructions sourced from VW Germany. My vehicle worked for roughly 1 week until the error returned.
Software update! Are you referring to updating to 2.3 or did they update the firmware on the connection module?

January 13th 2022 – VW Tamworth recalled the car and advised a replacement comms module was required and was on special order. Error still present.
This probably should have been done in October

February 13th 2022 – Unable to drive the car as the electronic parking brake had malfunctioned and was permanently engaged. The fault cleared over-night.
Annoying but not really a Comms issue, like other faults probably needed 30 minutes to reset,

February 14th 2022 – VW Tamworth installed replacement part and they had also reset the parking brake. The car was error free for 24hrs.
Coincidentally, my car which has had no issue with connectivity has also lost connectivity as of the 14th/15th.

February 16th 2022 – “Unable to load connection status” error has returned. VW tell me it may be an issue with the satellites but will get back in touch.
ROFL - Issue with the satellite .. that's a new one on me, they are really getting creative now.
fatman

Post by fatman »

the vw stealers are nothing but ...........
Max PRO Moonstone Grey August 2021. Software v3.2 [dealership]
TheJimster

Post by TheJimster »

I've just had this error for the first time in 7+ months of ownership.

Interestingly the green light by the SOS button is still lighting up, which I understood to mean that mobile connectivity was functioning.

But the infotainment is quite adamant that it isn't. I've done a ten second power button press to power cycle the infotainment, but that hasn't helped.

Hopefully things will untangle themselves automatically, let's see. Will be interesting to see what happens with my charge tonight, as my Ohme is using the VW API to determine the SoC, which clearly can't happen if the car is offline
71 / 2021 ID.3 City Pure Performance, Moonstone Grey. Get a £50 bonus when you switch to Octopus energy: http://share.octopus.energy/best-moose-515
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Pull out fuse 19. Leave for ten min. Put it back in - lock the car - leave for ten min then open up and try. Has worked for me twice in the last 9 months or so.
Samboii

Post by Samboii »

I today followed the video ( posted by “Esben on Tech”. Basically you remove fuse 19, leave it in the car, lock the car and walk away from the car for five minutes. Then when you return to the car and reinstall the fuse, hey presto the connection re establish itself. Brilliant fix, many thanks
Very Proud Owner of an id3 Tour in Magnesium Grey with some wheels.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Make sure the ignition isn't on or pulling fuse 19 will lead to a dealer visit and it doesn't actually FIX anything, it just forces the comms module to restart, the car can still lose connection (and will)
Hopeful

Post by Hopeful »

I had the same problem after eight months of ownership. Reported it to WeConnect customer care who sent suggested fixes within 24 hours. None worked. Went back to them and they replied saying it had been referredto the advanced technical dept! They must have done something OTA as I had an email within a week saying its fixed. It was!.
Life Pro 58kWh Stonewashed blue with East Derry wheels
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

It comes and goes, mines down again since the weekend which isn't bad as it's been online for a couple of weeks since the last outage.
jam74

Post by jam74 »

Mine did this last week … went offline and stayed there … lasted just over a week and it came back online by itself .. so give it time and it resolves itself.
Big277wave

Post by Big277wave »

I've had this happen a few times but it hasn't happened for a few months now, my car has had several of the control modules in it changed and I wonder if it's one of these units which was causing the problem. It used to be that the units did a reset every 8 days so if your coms stopped for any reason the auto reset would usually start it working again a few days later.
1st Ed turquoise, white interior, 9/2020
Family Pro preformance, Makena turquoise, Andoya alloys
Ordered 22/9/ 2021 replacing 1st Ed which has been unreliable
Order No 31364***, pre order from July 2021
Status 70 on 25/11/22, build wk38