My ID.3 Vehicle Specification - do you have one?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

Do you have the vehicle specification for your ID.3? It would be great to compare the different ID.3s perhaps to better understand the differences in features / issues.
210524ID.3-Vehicle Specification-Anon.pdf
(134.68 KiB) Downloaded 326 times
I was given this on Tuesday when my ID.3 was returned after a 5 day stay at the dealers to fix remaining faults after 38 days 2.1 recall. I was told this explains why my ID.3 is unable to control air conditioning by voice control and why I am unable to preheat the car unless it is plugged in. I still see these as features that my vehicle was advertised as having.

Model Description ID.3 Business Pro Performance 204PS 1-speed automatic 5 Door

View Vehicle Specification

Colour Combinations
Paint Metallic I Pearl
-[OZAl]
Interior Upholstery
-[XF]

Optional Equipment

Alloy wheels
[PJD] Alloy wheels 19" 'Andoya" Black low rolling resistance
-[lPE] Anti-the~ wheel bolts
-[ lNL] Trims for alloy wheels
-[48Q] Alloy wheels, 19" 'Andoya Black' 7.SJ x 19
-[J50J AirStop tyres 215/50 R19

Comfort & convenience
[WPU] Energy efficient heat pump
-[9M3] Auxiliary heating with timer, without parking heater (water circulation)

Driver's assistance
-[SV7] HMRC Plug-In Car grant

Uncategorized
-[E2KJ Pre-configured model

[W6RJ ID.Business
-[UD2] Exterior ambient lighting
-[6YD] Electrically foldable exterior mirrors
-[9T1J Heated windscreen washer jets
-[7AL] Anti-theft alarm system with interior monitoring, backup horn, and tow\u2022ng protection
-(7W2] Pro-active passenger protection
-[U9C] 2 USB-C ports in the front, 2 USB-C charging sockets on tne centre console 1n the rear
-[VF4 J 'Play and Pause' brake and accelerator pedals
-[8T8] Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) stop & go including Front Assist, City emergency braking system and speed limiter
-[3NU] Rear seat bench unsplit, backrest split folding with center armrest
-[8IV] Matrix LED headlights with automatic headlight control, poor weather light and entry lighting
-[4L6] Auto-dimming interior rear-view mirror
-[KA2] Rear view camera
-[QQ9] Ambient lighting with 30 colour options
-[8G4] Advanced dynamic light assist for LED Matrix headlights
-[2FM] Leather wrapped heated multifunction steering wheel
-[3D2] Centre console with storage compartments
-[7UT] Discover Navigation Pro touch-screen navigation infotainment system with 10 inch display
-[SVP] LED rear tail lights with dynamic turn signal
-[N3B] Seat trim covers in Flow/ Art Velour microfleece
-[ 4A3] Heated front seats
-[4KF] Rear tinted glass from B-pillar backwards, approx. 65% tinted
-[8N6] Rain sensor
-[4K6] Keyless entry and starting
-[1J2] Welcome light
-[9IJ] Comfort telephony with LTE and wireless charging
ID.3 Business Pro Performance + Heat Pump - 0564 (23/12/20) - 0783 (28/1/21) - 0792 (7/5/21) - 0910 (24/10/21) - 3.2 (6/7/23) - Hardware H20 - North Yorkshire

roadhawk

Post by roadhawk »

This was provided with the car stuck in the original manual. I have a 1st Edition registered for the launch weekend in September 2020

IMG_0172.jpeg

VW ID.3 1st Edition, Glacier White, Software version: 0363 aka 3.0 OTA
Split £100 with my Octopus energy referral code: https://share.octopus.energy/ochre-hare-348
Receive £8 referral credit each with Bonnet referral code RJ5M8 https://www.joinbonnet.com/
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

roadhawk wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:08 pm This was provided with the car stuck in the original manual. I have a 1st Edition registered for the launch weekend in September 2020
Thanks very much, I was initially feeling a little silly for not having realised that the sticker in my manual was a coded version of the printout I was given by the dealer, but it turns out the 3 letter codes on my sticker don't relate to print-out at all.

My sticker for a Business is identical to yours for a 1st apart from yours having an LS6R and mine having an LC6L, everything else is the same.

Our cars have a few differences mine has a heat pump and wireless charging, yours has two zone climate control - so the sticker appears to encode nothing about the configuration of the vehicle.

Figure 1 of the manual says Vehicle data sticker - 1 - Vehicle Identification number; 2 - Vehicle type, engine power, gearbox type; 3 - Engine code, gearbox code, interior equipment; 4 - Optional extras, PR numbers

So the sticker looks like it is useless and the vehicle specification I was given was the actual specification of my vehicle.

Or the sticker is correct and all the differences are just software ;-).

IMG_20210528_144718_3.jpg

ID.3 Business Pro Performance + Heat Pump - 0564 (23/12/20) - 0783 (28/1/21) - 0792 (7/5/21) - 0910 (24/10/21) - 3.2 (6/7/23) - Hardware H20 - North Yorkshire
digital

Post by digital »

simonrg wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:56 pm...so the sticker appears to encode nothing about the configuration of the vehicle...
The sticker shows the VIN so doesn't that, in effect, encode the vehicle's configuration? Not easily accessible to you but accessible to anyone with relevant permissions on VW's database?
ID3 Family, Scale Silver, East Derry alloys.

Go to https://share.octopus.energy/amber-foal-811 to split £100 cashback with me from Octopus Energy.
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

digital wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:49 pm
simonrg wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:56 pm...so the sticker appears to encode nothing about the configuration of the vehicle...
The sticker shows the VIN so doesn't that, in effect, encode the vehicle's configuration? Not easily accessible to you but accessible to anyone with relevant permissions on VW's database?
As you say the VIN is effectively a key to a database which will no doubt have lots of information about my vehicle held by VW.

What I was hoping is that the sticker would be an easy way for us to understand the differences between our different vehicles and possible shine some light on the variable level of issues being seen.

Why when the VIN is quoted bother to quote anything else, there is an optional extras part on the sticker when it doesn't appear to show optional extras?

So forget the sticker then my question is does anybody else have a printout of their vehicle specification? Which does appear to show which components the car contains.

I would be interested to compare to shed light on differences.

The remaining faults with my car are now either down to software bugs which VW will fix and features which it turns out while I thought I had purchased them VW says I didn't. I am wondering what other features I have missed or are not present on the vehicle.

Features I expected were:
  • voice control of heating - it turns out is only available with dual climate, nowhere have I seen this stated - annoying but not a big deal.
  • remote heating when not charging - I am told my vehicle does not have this, but it appears all others do - will be a real pain in winter when anywhere apart from at home.
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

From Facebook I have now learnt that easiest way to find specification is via https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/myvolkswagen/garage.html once logged in go, then to my vehicle equipment which for me lists 140 items, including lots of withouts, but no mention of without voice control or remote heating.
Chivers

Post by Chivers »

simonrg wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:15 pm From Facebook I have now learnt that easiest way to find specification is via https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/myvolkswagen/garage.html once logged in go, then to my vehicle equipment which for me lists 140 items, including lots of withouts, but no mention of without voice control or remote heating.
This page now gives a 404 error [page not available.] Shame.
ID.3 Family 150kw, built 11/2020.
v2.4 in Apr. 2023. . .
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

🗑
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Hmmm, indeed, it was working a week ago

Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 13.29.40.png

SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels
Pod Point Solo / Octopus Go Faster
Chivers

Post by Chivers »

Yes - I found that when I logged into VW at https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/myvolkswagen/garage and THEN went to https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/myvolkswagen/garage.html I got in.

My car is a Family, built in November 2020 and you can have a look at the results for my chassis number [file attached.] On first glance it says I have a heat- and noise-insulated windscreen. But my windscreen has none of the standard noise-insulation markings[why not?] We know that all ID3s have a heat insulated windscreen [file attached], because they are so huge, and some cars have a glass roof as well.

Maybe next summer we can have a competition for growing cactus plants on the dashboard of our cars....
myVolkswagen _ My Vehicle _ Volkswagen UK.pdf
(49.89 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
2020.07 The_new_ID_3_-_International_Media_Drive.pdf
(318.94 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
ID.3 Family 150kw, built 11/2020.
v2.4 in Apr. 2023. . .
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Chivers wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:00 am Yes - I found that when I logged into VW at https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/myvolkswagen/garage and THEN went to https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/myvolkswagen/garage.html I got in.

My car is a Family, built in November 2020 and you can have a look at the results for my chassis number [file attached.] On first glance it says I have a heat- and noise-insulated windscreen. But my windscreen has none of the standard noise-insulation markings[why not?] We know that all ID3s have a heat insulated windscreen [file attached], because they are so huge, and some cars have a glass roof as well.

Maybe next summer we can have a competition for growing cactus plants on the dashboard of our cars....
This is a positively mundane question but your spec states you have:

"Center console with illuminated storage compartment with sliding cover, 2 beverage holders""

is it illuminated?

Told you it was mundane. My Life model says the same thing but it isn't illuminated, or it doesn't work.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

The phone hole is lit on mine… life.