Navigation Map Update 21.5

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
luckypants

Post by luckypants »

Can I ask a question to those whose map database is now upgraded OTA. Do you have an active data plan with cubic telecom?
VW ID.4 Honey Yellow

simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

I do but I’m not sure it’s required for map updates
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

luckypants wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:13 am Can I ask a question to those whose map database is now upgraded OTA. Do you have an active data plan with cubic telecom?

No, I've never had a Cubic plan.

I believe you only need one if you want to use the car as a hotspot for wifi-only devices which don't have their own independent data connections (such as my iPad).
luckypants

Post by luckypants »

Thanks both, was wondering if it was needed. The fact mine is not updating has me grasping at straws. It's dealer time when we get back from holiday.
VW ID.4 Honey Yellow
simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

Does need to be switched on for uodates in the settings screen in the connect ID app though, you might want to check that it’s in settings under mobile services
luckypants

Post by luckypants »

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes that is set to on and always has been AFAIK. (checked it a few times)
VW ID.4 Honey Yellow
simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

There is a 1gb option with cubic telecom that is free for three minthsand you can sign up with no commitment. Might be worth trying that see if that forces it to work
luckypants

Post by luckypants »

Has anyone downloaded a map update from VW website? https://app-connect.volkswagen.com/mapupdates/car/

How did the update go if you did?
VW ID.4 Honey Yellow
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

I’ve downloaded it and keep meaning to install it. Will attempt to find time tonight.
luckypants

Post by luckypants »

Ohh can you tell me how big it it unpacked? It's already 26gb compressed! I'll need a new USB stick to transfer to the car.
VW ID.4 Honey Yellow
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Map is 21.5 on mine, picked the car up last week
SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels
Pod Point Solo / Octopus Go Faster
ThinWhiteDuke

Post by ThinWhiteDuke »

Downloaded Discover Care for Mac, however, can't select the proper data file for the ID3 from the drop down list - as it's not listed.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance 58Kwh; Scale Silver
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Car picked up 16 July, I think it came with 21.5, although there seems to have been some updating over the air going on. Or I may just be terminally confused.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)