Bumper and boot protection

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:54 pm
MotMot wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:52 pm Slightly Off topic - but I got a boot lip clear film protection kit from ebay for £17 I think - and its worked a treat. Can barely see it.. (I only left one bubble where it goes over the edge.. grr..).
How long has it been on? Over time I expect that the edges (the thickness/cross section) will get dirt adhered to it, and that's what put me off going down that route. It happens with VW OEM films.
18 hours now :D

We'll see. If its crap it can always be peeled off. I've wasted £20 on far less useful things :)
I always end up scratching that lip putting stuff in and out - and I always notice scratches there (unlike on door sills) so figured it was worth a try.

Leccy

Post by Leccy »

monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:56 pm
Leccy wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:08 pm Great info, @monkeyhanger, you wouldn’t have a link or could let me know where you got the boot buddy could you?
I got it from BootBuddy's own website, They don't have an ID3 one officially, So I got the one for the T-Roc - same boot opening width.
Great, thanks
SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels
Pod Point Solo / Octopus Go Faster
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

scott28tt wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:19 pm This fits the ID.3 really well, with the lower boot floor position: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1
I'm tempted to get one of those. Looks better than my solution.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:15 pm
scott28tt wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:19 pm This fits the ID.3 really well, with the lower boot floor position: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1
I'm tempted to get one of those. Looks better than my solution.

It has 4 velcro strips down either side which hold it nicely in place on the carpeted boot sides, I don't have the VW floor liner so this was ideal for my needs.
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

We just fitted the Toozey boot liner recommended by @scott28tt. Pleased with it, fits very well, we have the raised floor and have sat the ID.3 boot mat on top this liner. Seems well made and looks good. Great recommendation, thanks 👍
davyk31

Post by davyk31 »

Is the Toozey liner easy to fit and remove? I’m thinking of just putting it in when the dog is going in the car which is maybe just once a week or so

On another note Boot Buddy now have their liners available for the ID.3 with different models depending on boot floor position.

I’m deciding between these two options.
davyk31

Post by davyk31 »

There is 15% off the Toozy liner with Amazon which seems to end today. Means it’s less than £29
So I have ordered one to see what it’s like. Boot Buddy are over £100 so it’s worth a try and can easily be sent back to Amazon if it’s no good.
Deleted User 192

davyk31 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:03 pm Is the Toozey liner easy to fit and remove?

Takes a few minutes to remove or pop back in, I just leave it in even though the dog is only in the car maybe once every 10 days, the Velcro strips on the side panels might pull at the carpet if it was taken out all of the time.
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Yeah, the beauty of Amazon. It ought to be ok at being taken in and out given its secured by Velcro strips on the sides and straps with clips on the headrests. It took us a bit of time to get the fit as neat as possible (at first glance you’d think it was made for the car), but we don’t plan to take it out much. I wouldn’t be overly confident that the Velcro strips would stay stuck to the interior plastic if they’re being used often, the one specific to our old car had metal press studs. Well worth a try though.
Deleted User 192

Leccy wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:29 pm Yeah, the beauty of Amazon. It ought to be ok at being taken in and out given its secured by Velcro strips on the sides and straps with clips on the headrests. It took us a bit of time to get the fit as neat as possible (at first glance you’d think it was made for the car), but we don’t plan to take it out much. I wouldn’t be overly confident that the Velcro strips would stay stuck to the interior plastic if they’re being used often, the one specific to our old car had metal press studs. Well worth a try though.

With the lower boot position, the Velcro strips on the outside of the liner go directly onto the carpet walls of the boot - no need to stick the self-adhesive bits of Velcro supplied with the liner onto the plastics.
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Indeed, I might take another look at how we used the Velcro strips as part of the strips near the rear seats were on carpet and part on plastic.
hobbscross@gmail.com

Post by hobbscross@gmail.com »

Apologies for restarting this thread... Can anyone let me know what size Tozzey mat is required for the ID3 ? Am picking car up later this week and am trying to be prepared !!

It was recommended by scott28tt

Thank you
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

We got this one as per the recommendation

It's 185*103cm, fits well and still going strong after 4 months of a pair of springers jumping in and out of the boot daily. We have the transparent rear bumper protector too, bit of insurance of one the dogs in particular being quicker to jump in or out than we are to flip the Toozey protector out!
hobbscross@gmail.com

Post by hobbscross@gmail.com »

Thank you