Will I or won’t I?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

How close are they to drivethedeal prices with your specified extras? Are they robbing Peter to pay Paul by offering almost no discount on the new car but a good deal on the p/x? Have you priced your p/x up on Motorway.co.uk? All newish cars have shot up in price lately (demand exceeding supply), so that p/x might not be so great.

If that car will be ready in Sept then should be eligible for full VW 2020 £1000 discount.

With that in mind, you should be at least £2750 less than list after the £2500 grant has been accounted for, without discounting at all.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Scratch wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:17 am Heat pump
2-3 pin charging cable (not sure why this is included. It's not actually fitted to the car is it?)
Metallic paint
18 inch alloys

Heat pump is not worth it unless you MUST have the maximum time/distance between charging sessions.

Granny charger is an accessory regardless of the spec, the Type 2 cable is included regardless of the spec.

Moonstone Grey is the only non-metallic (and therefore no extra cost) option.

I really dislike the look of the standard steel wheel trims. I have alloys, but then they were standard on my 1st Edition. I would either want alloys or to get some better wheel trims!
stevefletcher1978

Post by stevefletcher1978 »

Have you tried the ID.3 Facebook group? They have lots of dealers who might have what you want in stock? I was quoted 20 week wait time and no discount by my local dealer, went on the FB group and found exactly what I wanted, delivered 5 days later, 6k off new price.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

stevefletcher1978 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:34 am Have you tried the ID.3 Facebook group? They have lots of dealers who might have what you want in stock? I was quoted 20 week wait time and no discount by my local dealer, went on the FB group and found exactly what I wanted, delivered 5 days later, 6k off new price.
Might have to miss out on that. I wouldn't go near Facebook with your bargepole.
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

Scratch wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:28 am
But didn't I read somewhere that VW are refunding some heat pump buyers in Germany, due to it not functioning as required? Why make refunds, or partial refunds, if it can be fixed with a software update?
They are refunding buyers in Germany over the original claims of 30% efficiency, when it now shows it is 10% or more

The UK accessory price for the heat pump reduced this month to take account of this, from £1,260 to £1,000

rgds
--------------------------------
ID3 Life White Derrys 58kw Pro Performance

Click here to get £50 back if you join octopus energy:
http://share.octopus.energy/cyan-teal-674
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

colonelpurple wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:33 am
Scratch wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:28 am
But didn't I read somewhere that VW are refunding some heat pump buyers in Germany, due to it not functioning as required? Why make refunds, or partial refunds, if it can be fixed with a software update?
They are refunding buyers in Germany over the original claims of 30% efficiency, when it now shows it is 10% or more

The UK accessory price for the heat pump reduced this month to take account of this, from £1,260 to £1,000

rgds
The heat pump only helps heat the cabin, replacing an electrical heater to heat the cabin. Most of the medium and large cars (Golf/A3, Passat/A4 and up) have a 3kW heater. I doubt after a few initial minutes at full blast on a sub zero day you'd be using more than 1kW to maintain a reasonable temperature. VW literature claims that the heat pump saves 40% vs electrical heating.

So on a motorway journey giving 3.7 miles per kWh doing 70mph, you'd be using 18.9kWh driving, with no heating or aircon in the Summer, giving a realistic range of 215 miles.

In the Winter, it's more like 3 miles per kWh doing the same, resulting in 174 mile range. Let's assume that includes use of the heater for 2.5 hours at 70mph to a flat battery and 2.5 kW total used in heating over 2.5 hours , but the heat pump would've used 1.8kWh (40% saving), that would allow you to go an extra 4.3 miles (0.7kwh/3 miles per kWh. 174 miles to 178.3 miles with a heat pump gives about a 2.5% gain on range if my maths is correct.

Worth it? Not IMO.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Its equivalent to spending an extra 3-5 min on a rapid charger…?

But I like the idea of a heat pump - so would have had one of available - but O wasn’t that fussed enough to wait 16 weeks instead of 3 - and the (then) extra £1250

Personally moonstone grey is the colour I’d have chosen anyway - and I don’t mind the steel wheels (no scuffing or corrosion worries with those laser cut alloys!). But each to their own!

I think the advice for looking on the FB group is great - try and find a more suitable deal…