Elli - What on earth?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Following the purchase of our ID-3 I registered with WeCharge and for reasons unclear to me I received two charge cards.

I activated one, but it is not recognized at Geniepoint or PointSource. I cannot activate the other one without inactivating the first one which will trigger a new card to be sent out, but of course not knowing what the problem is I have no idea if that would fix it.

Furthermore, the UK support phone number 00800-43-347 328 is not working, while 0800-43-347 328 directs to the RAC where there is no option for WeCharge.

Has anyone had similar issues and does anyone have an actual support phone number for Elli that works? I've emailed them, but given their inability to provide a working support phone number I am not holding my breath.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)

Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Geniepoint don't recognise the wecharge card unless you register it with them and set up a separate account with them as i have . You can look on the wecharge site and see who you can use it with which is next to nobody where I live
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Thanks. Being in London I have some more choices, but am now glad I very quickly signed on with Point Source, since they are not included, and have tons of chargers close to us.

The phone number is just insane. I managed to call them from the landline at home, which is of course going to be a real help if you ever need it while on the road. Three said they now enabled '00' numbers, but so far it isn't working. Skype isn't working either.

I'm quite flabbergasted that VW UK is using such a number for their customer service.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

If you want to use a We Charge card to identify yourself to a GeniePoint charger, you have to link the card to your GeniePoint account - there’s a registration process you do at one of their chargers.

But you could literally use any RFID card to identify yourself to a GeniePoint charger, like a gym card/tag, a hotel room card, and so on…

There’s no payment link between GeniePoint and We Charge.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

I figured that out after talking to them. I use the Geniepoint app to charge with them, but wanted to see if the WeCharge card actually works. Finally ended up in the NCP car park in Stratford and got it to work. So that's that solved. Phone number however...

All the best

Andreas
——————