Selecting a route in Navigation

The place to discuss everything else..
M100

Post by M100 »

How do you select a different route from the one highlighted? I have looked at all the menus and can bring up the main route and alternative routes to a destination but cannot work out how to select a different route from the one the car thinks is the best one. Touching my preferred route only resulted in the car deciding to take me to where I had touched the map, it didn’t select the alternative route. I have an id3 1st edition. What am I missing?

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

I don’t use it often (Apple Maps via CarPlay actually knows all the destinations I want to get to) but with the in-car system I think you just have to be careful where you press when the various routes are shown once calculated.
M100

Post by M100 »

Thanks Scott. I use Google maps on CarPlay where traffic is likely to seriously affect your route as by and large their traffic information is superior to the VW system. I just like the presentation of the VW navigation system, with its dashboard lights and very polite instructions!
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

M100 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:11 pm Thanks Scott. I use Google maps on CarPlay where traffic is likely to seriously affect your route as by and large their traffic information is superior to the VW system. I just like the presentation of the VW navigation system, with its dashboard lights and very polite instructions!
Even though I believe most of the data is shared across systems, a recent lorry incident on nearby roads seemed to be much more up to date on the VW system than Google maps. I have often found Google to be a good hour behind reality in it's reporting. I don't know whether that is because of the lower population around where I live giving less data to process.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Where we are VW is about a decade behind permanent street closures. There really isn't much of an excuse.

In terms of traffic it is also worth noting that the system does not seem to consider that we don't pay for the congestion charging zone and gives you Euston Road and massive jams instead of a way through the charging zone.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
Fergus

Post by Fergus »

M100 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:11 pm Thanks Scott. I use Google maps on CarPlay where traffic is likely to seriously affect your route as by and large their traffic information is superior to the VW system. I just like the presentation of the VW navigation system, with its dashboard lights and very polite instructions!
Hi M100, when using google maps, does the dashboard light (left/right next turn warning) not work? Is this and very polite instructing only for VW system?
Ordered 11 Jan 22,
Order number 3159****
Family pro performance , Kings Red, assist pk plus, Derry.
build history:
Aug22 Code 20, build week of 46
mid Oct 22 Code 20, week 16
mid Dec 22 Code 10, week 12
19 Dec 22 Code 10, week 10
26 April 2023, delivered
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Fergus wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:52 pm
Hi M100, when using google maps, does the dashboard light (left/right next turn warning) not work? Is this and very polite instructing only for VW system?

Only the in-car nav uses the ID. Light.