Having bought the ID.3...................

The place to discuss everything else..
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

who now likes the look of the Cupra Born? Basically a tweaked ID.3

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Yep. I think it looks the sporty part. I guess its going to be a bit more costly than the ID3 Lower specs. I wonder whether it will run alongside a sporty ID3 model?
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

I'm not keen. I think there is an honesty and cohesiveness in the ID3 that the Born doesn't have. It isn't a hot hatch, and doesn't pretend to be one, unlike the Born. I do prefer the interior however, but I wish Cupra would quit with the bronze detailing on everything.

I'm really hoping VW do great things with the ID3 GTX, because that's the car I really want.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

No.

Exterior changes look naff. Bronze everywhere looks naff.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

scott28tt wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:09 pm No.

I suppose "beauty" is in the eye of the beholder.
Personally, I prefer the physical shape of the Cupra. I don't think you can call the front look of the ID.3 as "pretty". Very practical but not pretty.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

andrewparker wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:36 am I'm not keen. I think there is an honesty and cohesiveness in the ID3 that the Born doesn't have. It isn't a hot hatch, and doesn't pretend to be one, unlike the Born. I do prefer the interior however, but I wish Cupra would quit with the bronze detailing on everything.

I'm really hoping VW do great things with the ID3 GTX, because that's the car I really want.
Will they increase the top speed on the Born and the GTX?

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Andreas wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:37 pm
andrewparker wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:36 am I'm not keen. I think there is an honesty and cohesiveness in the ID3 that the Born doesn't have. It isn't a hot hatch, and doesn't pretend to be one, unlike the Born. I do prefer the interior however, but I wish Cupra would quit with the bronze detailing on everything.

Will they increase the top speed on the Born and the GTX?
Not sure, and not sure it would bother me if they didn't. I haven't heard anything about a performance version of the Born, it just seems to be available in the same battery/power variations as the ID3.
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
gailjon

Post by gailjon »

Unless yuo intend going top Germany and using the ever diminishing lengths of unlimited autobahns, then I doubt a top speed of over 100 mph is relevant to anyone in the UK. The Born is no different to the ID3 in performance at all.
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Scratch wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:18 pm
scott28tt wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:09 pm No.

I suppose "beauty" is in the eye of the beholder.
Personally, I prefer the physical shape of the Cupra. I don't think you can call the front look of the ID.3 as "pretty". Very practical but not pretty.

It has a bulbous nose, and I don't like the rear light bar or diffuser.

Then..... BRONZE :shock:

You're entitled to your opinion, even when it's wrong :lol:
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Bronze? Looks more like Rose Gold to me - Yuck!
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Officially I think they call it copper…
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

See the prices have been announced today...

V1 – £33735
V2 – £34190
V3 – £37375
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Competitive price. Esp assuming the 3 is with the 77kwh battery
Jack1338

Post by Jack1338 »

andrewparker wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:08 pm See the prices have been announced today...

V1 – £33735
V2 – £34190
V3 – £37375
Where did this get announced? Been on the lookout for UK prices and can't find this anywhere
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

MotMot wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:45 pm Competitive price. Esp assuming the 3 is with the 77kwh battery

Those prices are all 58kWh battery vehicles.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

MotMot wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:45 pm Competitive price. Esp assuming the 3 is with the 77kwh battery
No, the V3 is basically the Max. All models have the 58kWh 204PS battery to begin with, then the 45kWh 150PS, 58kWh 231PS and 77kWh 231PS are following later.
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
daern

Post by daern »

So, my Cupra Born V2 is on order (in some form, anyway!) and should turn up in Q2 (with a following wind, and providing all of you pesky ID3 customers don't pinch the parts!) TBH, would have been happy to take the ID3 that we originally ordered, but as we wanted the car before I hit retirement age, I had no choice but to swap. As it happens, I prefer the look of the Born anyway, and was able to get the 204PS version (which I couldn't get for sensible money with the ID3).

Had posted previously in the delivery thread, but thought I would wake this one up to see if anyone else is considering the Cupra as a viable alternative to the VW.

To confirm comments above, all initial orders will be the 204PS, 58kWh version (ID3 Pro Performance equivalent) with other versions turning up later. Quite fancy the bigger capacity, bigger motor, but in reality I'm holding out for a dual-motor EV next time.
Cupra Born V2 - Vapor Grey
Lease order placed in Jan '22
Dealer order placed in March '22
Build date confirmed, delivery due late-July '22
ID.3 Family Pro - ordered Jan, optimistically due end of '22. Cancelled in Feb
Jack1338

Post by Jack1338 »

daern wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:14 pm So, my Cupra Born V2 is on order (in some form, anyway!) and should turn up in Q2 (with a following wind, and providing all of you pesky ID3 customers don't pinch the parts!) TBH, would have been happy to take the ID3 that we originally ordered, but as we wanted the car before I hit retirement age, I had no choice but to swap. As it happens, I prefer the look of the Born anyway, and was able to get the 204PS version (which I couldn't get for sensible money with the ID3).

Had posted previously in the delivery thread, but thought I would wake this one up to see if anyone else is considering the Cupra as a viable alternative to the VW.

To confirm comments above, all initial orders will be the 204PS, 58kWh version (ID3 Pro Performance equivalent) with other versions turning up later. Quite fancy the bigger capacity, bigger motor, but in reality I'm holding out for a dual-motor EV next time.
Can I ask, how did you go about ordering your Cupra Born? Just pitch up to a Cupra showroom? How were they on giving estimated timelines?
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

daern wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:14 pm So, my Cupra Born V2 is on order (in some form, anyway!) and should turn up in Q2 (with a following wind, and providing all of you pesky ID3 customers don't pinch the parts!) TBH, would have been happy to take the ID3 that we originally ordered, but as we wanted the car before I hit retirement age, I had no choice but to swap. As it happens, I prefer the look of the Born anyway, and was able to get the 204PS version (which I couldn't get for sensible money with the ID3).

Have you been able to spec it? Options? Colours?
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
daern

Post by daern »

Jack1338 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:17 pm Can I ask, how did you go about ordering your Cupra Born? Just pitch up to a Cupra showroom? How were they on giving estimated timelines?
This is a leased car through work on a (financially, extremely appealing!) scheme, so I've placed an order with the scheme provider and they've raised the order with a (random) dealership that they deal with. Last update I have is that the official order book still isn't open, but we're on a dealer list waiting to be shifted across to the order book as soon as it opens officially. Had a chat with my local dealer a couple of weeks ago and they didn't have a lot of information, but were expecting demonstrator / showroom cars, open order book *and* first deliveries in a fairly tight time frame around the end of Q1 / early Q2. TBH, there's not a lot of information available yet, so they probably didn't know much more than we do.

Upside of all of this - in theory, we should get an early car (Q2, if the stars align), downside is that I'll probably not get a whole lot of involvement in the process as I don't talk directly to the dealer. That said, judging by other posts here, I probably won't be losing much here ;-)
Cupra Born V2 - Vapor Grey
Lease order placed in Jan '22
Dealer order placed in March '22
Build date confirmed, delivery due late-July '22
ID.3 Family Pro - ordered Jan, optimistically due end of '22. Cancelled in Feb