Motability and Handcontrols

The place to discuss everything else..
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

Good news then Stuart, well, a start at least!
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max

StuartT

Post by StuartT »

DumfriesDik wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:07 am Good news then Stuart, well, a start at least!
£583.00 later, and they're ordered. Motability wouldn't pay for retro-fitting.
Here's the rub, when I ordered the car in April the advanced payment was £999, but in July the Q3 price was £0. Thankfully, the salesman managed to cancel my original Motability order and re-order at the new price, whilst still keeping the original VW order in the system. Swings and roundabouts comes to mind...
Glacier white, Life Pro. August 2021
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

Blooming shame they wouldn't cough up, but well done on the paperwork for nil deposit.

Which controls did you go for in the end? In my Mazda there is a notch on the throttle. The handcontrols stopped there, but my wife could 'click' through it and get kick down. I had the controls adjusted and I can now get it in the Mazda.
Is that the same with the ID3?
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
StuartT

Post by StuartT »

DumfriesDik wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:34 am Blooming shame they wouldn't cough up, but well done on the paperwork for nil deposit.

Which controls did you go for in the end? In my Mazda there is a notch on the throttle. The handcontrols stopped there, but my wife could 'click' through it and get kick down. I had the controls adjusted and I can now get it in the Mazda.
Is that the same with the ID3?
I've still got Ergo controls, but they've got to fit an ECU as well as a new handle with an indicator switch. They're just standard mechanical push/pull controls, that sound more basic than yours, but my wife is still able to drive it as normal as well. I've only ever used basic push/pull controls and I'm far from being an expert (even though I've been using them for more than 25yrs!) but, it sounds as if each company makes them slightly differently. It's good that your Mazda controls can be adjusted though.
Happy motoring, when the day comes.
Glacier white, Life Pro. August 2021