Dashcam question

The place to discuss everything else..
smuj

Post by smuj »

I had a dashcam fitted yesterday by local dealers (Kenwood DRV-501) and working fine. However, when I switch the car off and lock it the camera continues recording. Left it for a half hour and still recording so switched it off as worried it will drain the 12v battery.

I’ve just finished speaking with some chap at the dealers who says that it’s recording from the internal camera battery and once this runs down the camera will power down. When I questioned this he then said that it’s recording because the car may have been rocked or bumped into. Sounds like comple BS to me so left it powered down and thought I’d ask on here.

Personally think it’s taking it’s power from somewhere that’s constantly connected to the 12v battery even when vehicle off and locked but I’m no expert on this. I’d be grateful for any suggestions I can go back to the dealers with otherwise I’ll have to keep powering it on/off for every journey.

MTIA
Smuj

I’m an analogue man in a digital world
———————————————————————————————————
Family Pro Performance 58KW. Stonewashed Blue, East Derry wheels.

Averloc

Post by Averloc »

Did they use the Hardwire Kit CA-DR1030?

https://kenwoodshop.co.uk/products/cadr1030

There should be a parking icon if they did, I think:

Then you could try playing with the parking mode settings:

Parking Mode Sensor: Parking mode function will be available after turning on the
parking mode sensor and connecting the hardwire kit CA-DR1030(optional accessory) to
the permanent power.
OPTION: High/Medium/Low/Off (default)
<Normal Mode to Parking Mode>
If the device does not detect any vibration more than 5 minutes, it will turn off the
device itself automatically and enter the parking mode.
<Recording at Parking Mode>
Once the device detects any vibration in the parking mode, it will turn on the device
automatically and record the video for 30 seconds. In this duration, if the device detects
any other vibration, it will extend recording for 30 seconds until there is no vibration at
all and turn off the device back to the parking mode.
<Parking Mode to Normal Mode>
If the device detects the constant vibration more than 15 seconds, it will assume that the
driver is driving the car and automatically switch from Parking Mode to Normal Mode.
smuj

Post by smuj »

Thanks for the. It does have parking mode so I’ll give that a go. Hopefully that will fix it. Wasn’t aware the hardwire kit was used to install it. Fingers crossed.
Smuj

smuj

Post by smuj »

That seems to have fixed it,thanks. If you’re ever in the Ledbury area I owe you a pint.
Smuj