Hyundai IONQ5

The place to discuss everything else..
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Had a test drive in an Ioniq5 today, found the dash layout much more user friendly and better to look at, however the car didn't seem to have as much power as mine even in sport mode. I was offered a really good price for mine if they had it by the end of the month but wouldn't guarantee anything if later , the real cruncher was a 40 weeks delivery time once again with no guarantee so that's a no go, pity because I really liked the cabin
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw

phixion

Post by phixion »

Yes I really do prefer the traditional interior of the Ioniq 5, truth be told I prefer the exterior too :P

Hyundai are doing really great things with their batteries when it comes to range.

I thought it was faster than the ID.3 though? Official figures are 0 to 62 mph in just 5.2 seconds, top speed 115mph.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS | Glacier White Metallic Flat Black | 19" Andoya Black Alloy Wheels | BP Pulse Home Charger
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

phixion wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:44 pm I thought it was faster than the ID.3 though? Official figures are 0 to 62 mph in just 5.2 seconds, top speed 115mph.
There are 214bhp and 300bhp versions.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
soupdragon

Post by soupdragon »

The base model Ioniq 5 is 170 ish HP, v 150ish HP for the regular ID3, or pro performance is just over 200 hp

However, you can go for a 220hp or a 300hp dual motor on the ioniq 5, so it all depends what configuration. I think the dual motor only available with the bigger battery too
Family Pro Performance Moonstone Grey East Derry Alloys :D
Order No 3150xxxx :)
Ordered around middle of October 2021 :?
Build date still unknown - due wk38 then email from dealer to say it will be delayed further than this :oops:
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

VW up! GTI / Tungsten
daern

Post by daern »

Bromsgroveuser wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:38 am Had a test drive in an Ioniq5 today, found the dash layout much more user friendly and better to look at, however the car didn't seem to have as much power as mine even in sport mode. I was offered a really good price for mine if they had it by the end of the month but wouldn't guarantee anything if later , the real cruncher was a 40 weeks delivery time once again with no guarantee so that's a no go, pity because I really liked the cabin
I really liked the Ioniq 5, but my wife summed it up nicely:

"The interior is a very pleasant to be, but the best bit about driving the Ioniq 5 is that you don't have to look at it..."

A bit harsh perhaps, but I'll admit that from some angles (particularly the rear), it's quite...challenging. Personally, I didn't offend me much, but I can see where she's coming from and as it was to be her car, she made the call.
Cupra Born V2 - Vapor Grey
Lease order placed in Jan '22
Dealer order placed in March '22
Build date confirmed, delivery due late-July '22
ID.3 Family Pro - ordered Jan, optimistically due end of '22. Cancelled in Feb
duckworthsj

Post by duckworthsj »

I also drove the sister car Kia EV6 based on the same drive platform. Fabulous car, great performance and well equipped with some innovations. One can argue about the looks… it is a bit different so you either like it or dont. Like you said the Koreans are doing some wonderful stuff with the EV. However the price bracket is a quite a lot higher than the ID3, and in the end ‘we’ (or my wife to be exact) did not need such a big car.
Hers: ID3 204ch Pro Performance Denim Blue Black Roof. East Derry alloys, Pack Comfort Plus, Pack Assistance Plus.
His: Mini Cooper S-Electric 184ch ‘Yours’ (UK Level 3) Chili Red, Black Pack, Heat Reflective Windows… And lots of fun
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

phixion wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:44 pm Yes I really do prefer the traditional interior of the Ioniq 5, truth be told I prefer the exterior too :P

Hyundai are doing really great things with their batteries when it comes to range.

I thought it was faster than the ID.3 though? Official figures are 0 to 62 mph in just 5.2 seconds, top speed 115mph.
Last edited by Bromsgroveuser on Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

We have both an ID and a Ioniq5 project 45
Very different machines and we love both !
The ionic is deceptively quick in normal snd sport modes and huge on the inside, exterior wise different in a good way in my opinion!
The ID always feels quick and is so manoeuvrable
We love both in different ways and whilst we had problems in the early days with the ID (like everyone else!) it really is amazing !
1st Edition Makena Turquoise Metallic
2.4 update complete
daern

Post by daern »

duckworthsj wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:46 pm I also drove the sister car Kia EV6 based on the same drive platform. Fabulous car, great performance and well equipped with some innovations. One can argue about the looks… it is a bit different so you either like it or dont. Like you said the Koreans are doing some wonderful stuff with the EV. However the price bracket is a quite a lot higher than the ID3, and in the end ‘we’ (or my wife to be exact) did not need such a big car.
Definitely agree with the EV6. We very very tempted, but they're asking a lot of money for a non-premium brand vehicle, which is a tough call, and reflected in residual pricing and consequent lease costs. Price-wise, the models we were being offered were coming out in pretty similar to the Model Y which just felt (perhaps unfairly) to be a lot more car for the money.

That said, I was drooling at the thought of the upcoming EV6 GT, supposedly due out later in 2022.

PXL_20220104_093345258.MP_2.jpg

I suspect that would be "adequate" power for an otherwise relatively modest family hatchback ;)
Cupra Born V2 - Vapor Grey
Lease order placed in Jan '22
Dealer order placed in March '22
Build date confirmed, delivery due late-July '22
ID.3 Family Pro - ordered Jan, optimistically due end of '22. Cancelled in Feb
DSB18

Post by DSB18 »

I have driven the IONQ5 for a short journey and it feels well built and looks great but would I swap it for my car, I think probably not, for my needs living in Birmingham the ID.3 is near perfect and after 12 months I still enjoy driving it.
ID.3 Makena turquoise Business Pro
Warminster id

Post by Warminster id »

As I mentioned in my 12000 miles post the ID3 price and size and range and features put it in a league of its own for me.
The ionq5 and ev6 are great cars but for me too big and expensive
Life pro performance grey/steels standard car
Jamh2000

Post by Jamh2000 »

That’s it. As an all round package for those who don’t have a larger budget the id3 is still difficult to beat for me. Ev6 and Ioniq much pricier. Others at similar price prints to the basic id3 are generally inferior in one or more major areas.
ID.3 Life Pro, Manganese Grey
duckworthsj

Post by duckworthsj »

daern wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:20 pm
duckworthsj wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:46 pm I also drove the sister car Kia EV6 based on the same drive platform. Fabulous car, great performance and well equipped with some innovations. One can argue about the looks… it is a bit different so you either like it or dont. Like you said the Koreans are doing some wonderful stuff with the EV. However the price bracket is a quite a lot higher than the ID3, and in the end ‘we’ (or my wife to be exact) did not need such a big car.
Definitely agree with the EV6. We very very tempted, but they're asking a lot of money for a non-premium brand vehicle, which is a tough call, and reflected in residual pricing and consequent lease costs. Price-wise, the models we were being offered were coming out in pretty similar to the Model Y which just felt (perhaps unfairly) to be a lot more car for the money.

That said, I was drooling at the thought of the upcoming EV6 GT, supposedly due out later in 2022.

PXL_20220104_093345258.MP_2.jpg

I suspect that would be "adequate" power for an otherwise relatively modest family hatchback ;)
Yes the GT will certainly give a Tesla a challenge. I found the standard performance enough. I think the view the Kia is 'non-premium' is changing rapidly. They have been offering 7 year guarantees for some years and the level of the tech. is often higher than BMW. Here the Sportage has been hitting the highs of owner satisfaction. I agree might not have the kudos of Jag and the Germans, however if you want a propeller or 'pointy star' badge on the front be prepared for £15-20k plus. I drove the Jag I-Pace 3 years ago...very nice (but range ??? and starting price Euro 76000 getting close to Euro 90000 with bells and whistles )
I also drove the Tesla. Yes similar price point, but although I liked a lot of the features, I was not enthused by the level of finish, nor the quality of the materials. It is a real styling feature to make 'plastic wood' look like.... uh .....plastic?

Anyway we took a radical series of decisions:
My wife loved the look of the ID3; she loved the driving position and the space is adequate.
We decided we didn't need another 'bigger car' like the EV6, i400 etc for daily life and the few times we travel with a a full load.
For my daily needs and fun ... I am 'downsizing' and trading in my Jag ICE for a Mini Cooper Electric....
Yes some compromises, because the Jag was fun, drives like a rocket and looks superb... but with much shorter journeys and price of petrol and insurance... was compelling arguments.....and the Mini drives like the Jag but without the sound-track....
So we will be an 'all electric' household.....
Hers: ID3 204ch Pro Performance Denim Blue Black Roof. East Derry alloys, Pack Comfort Plus, Pack Assistance Plus.
His: Mini Cooper S-Electric 184ch ‘Yours’ (UK Level 3) Chili Red, Black Pack, Heat Reflective Windows… And lots of fun
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Question…. why did you think it was OK to post a topic on the Ioniq 5, yet you saw fit to suggest I post about the Polestar 2 on another forum?
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

andrewparker wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:45 pm Question…. why did you think it was OK to post a topic on the Ioniq 5, yet you saw fit to suggest I post about the Polestar 2 on another forum?
Last edited by Bromsgroveuser on Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Bromsgroveuser wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:18 pm
andrewparker wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:45 pm Question…. why did you think it was OK to post a topic on the Ioniq 5, yet you saw fit to suggest I post about the Polestar 2 on another forum?
Bit sad trawling through past posts to try and score points 🤣🤣
Believe me, scoring points (whatever that means) is of no interest to me, I’m more intrigued as to why you’re happy being such a hypocrite. You didn’t even have the decency to post this in off topic chat, yet you have the audacity to complain about a post of mine filed away where you don’t even have to read it if you’re not interested.
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

😁
Last edited by Bromsgroveuser on Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Bromsgroveuser wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:00 pm Time to go to bed children
Really.. I would like to know who promoted you to forum leader too? Or perhaps even on an anonymous forum you can't admit you made a mistake?
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

DSB18 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:24 pm I have driven the IONQ5 for a short journey and it feels well built and looks great but would I swap it for my car, I think probably not, for my needs living in Birmingham the ID.3 is near perfect and after 12 months I still enjoy driving it.
Great cars Hyundai but the ID3 fits in my junk infested garage.