Polestar 2 – Ordering Experience & First Impressions

The place to discuss everything else..
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

andrewparker wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:53 am Re. your comments on D mode, did you not try the different regen settings on the Polestar?
Yes- they were both fine - I preferred the mild regen - and it worked really well with no creep.

I've slowly warmed to D mode over the last year - and am really impressed with how it uses the front radar to gradually slow you when coming up behind another car for example. It so good you almost don't notice it... I really liked the P* - its great - just not great enough for me to move.

If I were (as you were) waiting a seemingly endless time for an iD3 I'd have cancelled and got one - as you did. Both great cars.

andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

I think the ID3 definitely benefits from having a bespoke EV platform, the packaging is better in that regard, and the result is better use of the footprint for interior and luggage space. The Polestar is still very much a traditional three box design.

After nearly three months mine is rattle free, and I can't say that about any VW I've had since a MK4 Golf!
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Yes - this was a test drive car so probably thrashed over the speed bumps etc.. :)