Direct Comparison to the Cupra Born

The place to discuss everything else..
sidehaas
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:04 am

Post by sidehaas » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:19 am

monkeyhanger wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:32 pm
Had a few boy racers gawping at the Born as they drove past me on the A1, probably wondering what the hell it was, and some bell end in an old S3 (265ps variant). Was tailgating me, then moving out a lane, hoofing it into the high 90s, and then i'd pass him a mile later, maintaining 75mph while he's dropped to 60mph - this happened 3 times before he gave up.
I wonder if that will end up being the biggest difference between Born and ID.3. I'm sure you'll get a few trying to drag-race you too :D
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. OHME Home Pro charger.

Scratch
Posts: 621
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:22 pm

Post by Scratch » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:33 am

sidehaas wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:19 am
monkeyhanger wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:32 pm
Had a few boy racers gawping at the Born as they drove past me on the A1, probably wondering what the hell it was, and some bell end in an old S3 (265ps variant). Was tailgating me, then moving out a lane, hoofing it into the high 90s, and then i'd pass him a mile later, maintaining 75mph while he's dropped to 60mph - this happened 3 times before he gave up.
I wonder if that will end up being the biggest difference between Born and ID.3. I'm sure you'll get a few trying to drag-race you too :D
Whilst I envy MH and his Born, I find, in the ID3, that some of the boy racers are surprised when they tailgate me, that a quick burst of the ID3 go pedal, and they are a dot in the distance. OK, so they catch up and speed past me. That is a result to me, as it gets rid of them tailgating.

monkeyhanger
Posts: 990
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by monkeyhanger » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:19 pm

Here's some Born pics...

Born1.jpg

Born2.jpg

Born3.jpg

Born4.jpg

Born5.jpg

Born6.jpg

His: Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps, 58kWh Glacial White, 19" Hurricane Wheels - replaced ID3 PP Life
Hers: Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565

MLB_ID3
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:11 pm

Post by MLB_ID3 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:31 pm

Very nice. I pick up my V2 Born in the morning!
Order date: 9th October
Spec: Family Pro Performance Glacier White Andoya Alloys
Original delivery estimates: March, April, May now Autumn
Previous build weeks: 19, 22
Status: 10
Estimated build week: 2022 wk38
** Cancelled **

monkeyhanger
Posts: 990
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by monkeyhanger » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:13 pm

MLB_ID3 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:31 pm
Very nice. I pick up my V2 Born in the morning!
Are you travelling as far as I did to get yours?
His: Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps, 58kWh Glacial White, 19" Hurricane Wheels - replaced ID3 PP Life
Hers: Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565

MLB_ID3
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:11 pm

Post by MLB_ID3 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:17 am

No, its a 20 min drive across the city (depending on traffic). I was hoping for an early pick up but when I spoke to the dealer yesterday he said he would see what he could do. I wasn't left with a lot of confidence...
Order date: 9th October
Spec: Family Pro Performance Glacier White Andoya Alloys
Original delivery estimates: March, April, May now Autumn
Previous build weeks: 19, 22
Status: 10
Estimated build week: 2022 wk38
** Cancelled **

MLB_ID3
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:11 pm

Post by MLB_ID3 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:06 pm

My new Cupra Born V2

Image

20220617_120659.jpg

Order date: 9th October
Spec: Family Pro Performance Glacier White Andoya Alloys
Original delivery estimates: March, April, May now Autumn
Previous build weeks: 19, 22
Status: 10
Estimated build week: 2022 wk38
** Cancelled **

monkeyhanger
Posts: 990
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by monkeyhanger » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:29 pm

Did you get any freebies, like Betty's little white box of bits or a decent keyring?
His: Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps, 58kWh Glacial White, 19" Hurricane Wheels - replaced ID3 PP Life
Hers: Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565

MLB_ID3
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:11 pm

Post by MLB_ID3 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:01 pm

Yeah. It came with a rubber boot liner and small mud flaps. On the Cupra FB group I'm told they're not standard on V2. They were using it as a display car so maybe that's why?
Order date: 9th October
Spec: Family Pro Performance Glacier White Andoya Alloys
Original delivery estimates: March, April, May now Autumn
Previous build weeks: 19, 22
Status: 10
Estimated build week: 2022 wk38
** Cancelled **

andrewparker
Posts: 419
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:14 pm

Post by andrewparker » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:02 pm

monkeyhanger wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:29 pm
Did you get any freebies, like Betty's little white box of bits or a decent keyring?
I got a right haul from Wrexham VW with the new up! GTI I picked up last week. Umbrella, keyring, pens, really nice presentation box. It's literally the only time I've ever had anything like that!
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten

monkeyhanger
Posts: 990
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by monkeyhanger » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:27 pm

MLB_ID3 wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:01 pm
Yeah. It came with a rubber boot liner and small mud flaps. On the Cupra FB group I'm told they're not standard on V2. They were using it as a display car so maybe that's why?
They're definitely not standard. I have the rigid boot liner from my ID3 in the Born now - they do a flexible one that's absolute junk, it's like packaging material in that it looks like something you'd throw away after unpacking a washing machine.

Apart from the cup of hot chocolate I had while waiting for the salesman to hand over, I got absolutely bugger all, just 2 loose keys, the mats and type 2 lead that come with the car as standard.
His: Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps, 58kWh Glacial White, 19" Hurricane Wheels - replaced ID3 PP Life
Hers: Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565

monkeyhanger
Posts: 990
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by monkeyhanger » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:30 pm

andrewparker wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:02 pm
monkeyhanger wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:29 pm
Did you get any freebies, like Betty's little white box of bits or a decent keyring?
I got a right haul from Wrexham VW with the new up! GTI I picked up last week. Umbrella, keyring, pens, really nice presentation box. It's literally the only time I've ever had anything like that!
I did get a huge VW motorsport Umbrella once by way of apology when they left a set of transport pucks in my 2013 Golf GTDat PDI and I spent a week thinking that the suspension was crap, before I had a feel around the front shock rubber gaiters and pulled them out. The top mount bearings were wrecked and had to be replaced.
His: Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps, 58kWh Glacial White, 19" Hurricane Wheels - replaced ID3 PP Life
Hers: Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565

monkeyhanger
Posts: 990
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by monkeyhanger » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:44 am

Just stopped for a charge on way to Chelmsford to drop off our ID3 Family and brave the trains (Chelmsford to London, London to Woking)to pick up our 2nd Born 230ps V2.
His: Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps, 58kWh Glacial White, 19" Hurricane Wheels - replaced ID3 PP Life
Hers: Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565

MotMot
Posts: 790
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:04 pm

Post by MotMot » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:08 am

Hope the trains are ok!

monkeyhanger
Posts: 990
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by monkeyhanger » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:44 am

MotMot wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:08 am
Hope the trains are ok!
So far, so good- ID3 dropped off and I'm on a train to Central London to go underground to Waterloo and then Waterloo to Woking.
His: Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps, 58kWh Glacial White, 19" Hurricane Wheels - replaced ID3 PP Life
Hers: Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565

User avatar
Daveion
Posts: 850
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:24 am
Location: South Essex RM15

Post by Daveion » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:40 pm

I collected my Born V2 L Pack on Wednesday.
It was a stock vehicle in Twickenham and with the equity in my Life Pro Perf it seemed sensible to cash in and get the Born. Vertu had called me to soften me up to the fact I would lose the £2,500 gov grant and if I waited until Oct Nov for my new ID3 there is no guarantee equity would still be so good. Motorway sale completed gave me £12k equity not all of which I put to the Born. The Born monthly repayment on Seat Finance is £27 a month less than my prev ID3.
I really like the Born. Probably a little unfair to compare Life Pro with a Born V2 but needless to say where you really notice the difference is in the cabin. For me it's how all £30k + cars should be.
The drive feels a little sharper and overall very impressed. Love the HUD. Never had a HUD before.

20220622_144935.jpg

Life Pro Perf 2020 Grey, sold June 21st 22
Life Pro Performance in Glacier White ordered Sept 9th 21 31471xxx
Can't live with the uncertainty of del date.
Born v2-Tech L Pack collected 22nd June.
From Stock
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.

Scratch
Posts: 621
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:22 pm

Post by Scratch » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:44 am

Daveion wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:40 pm
I collected my Born V2 L Pack on Wednesday.
It was a stock vehicle in Twickenham and with the equity in my Life Pro Perf it seemed sensible to cash in and get the Born. Vertu had called me to soften me up to the fact I would lose the £2,500 gov grant and if I waited until Oct Nov for my new ID3 there is no guarantee equity would still be so good. Motorway sale completed gave me £12k equity not all of which I put to the Born. The Born monthly repayment on Seat Finance is £27 a month less than my prev ID3.
I really like the Born. Probably a little unfair to compare Life Pro with a Born V2 but needless to say where you really notice the difference is in the cabin. For me it's how all £30k + cars should be.
The drive feels a little sharper and overall very impressed. Love the HUD. Never had a HUD before.
That's a nice car - congrats.
If it's not too cheeky, you got £12k equity on your Life Pro perf? May I ask how old the car was, how long you had had it?

gailjon
Posts: 176
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:16 am

Post by gailjon » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:23 am

Sat ion a Born for the first time on Thursday at local show and was impressed. It definitely feels a step up fro the ID3. I suppose it is what the face-lift ID3 will be like perhaps. I think it is the greater use of alcantara material and the more cocooning feel of the central console that does it, along with the nicer looking (IMHO) graphics on the infotainment screen.
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104

User avatar
Daveion
Posts: 850
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:24 am
Location: South Essex RM15

Post by Daveion » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:08 am

Scratch wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:44 am
Daveion wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:40 pm
I collected my Born V2 L Pack on Wednesday.
It was a stock vehicle in Twickenham and with the equity in my Life Pro Perf it seemed sensible to cash in and get the Born. Vertu had called me to soften me up to the fact I would lose the £2,500 gov grant and if I waited until Oct Nov for my new ID3 there is no guarantee equity would still be so good. Motorway sale completed gave me £12k equity not all of which I put to the Born. The Born monthly repayment on Seat Finance is £27 a month less than my prev ID3.
I really like the Born. Probably a little unfair to compare Life Pro with a Born V2 but needless to say where you really notice the difference is in the cabin. For me it's how all £30k + cars should be.
The drive feels a little sharper and overall very impressed. Love the HUD. Never had a HUD before.
That's a nice car - congrats.
If it's not too cheeky, you got £12k equity on your Life Pro perf? May I ask how old the car was, how long you had had it?
18 months old 8,800 miles. Motorway came back with £33,305. Left £12,000 after settlement.
I only put £500 in as a deposit. It's a one off strike whilst the iron's hot deal.
It's around £3,300 more than I paid for it in Dec 2020.
Life Pro Perf 2020 Grey, sold June 21st 22
Life Pro Performance in Glacier White ordered Sept 9th 21 31471xxx
Can't live with the uncertainty of del date.
Born v2-Tech L Pack collected 22nd June.
From Stock
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.

Scratch
Posts: 621
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:22 pm

Post by Scratch » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:13 am

Daveion wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:08 am
Scratch wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:44 am
Daveion wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:40 pm
I collected my Born V2 L Pack on Wednesday.
It was a stock vehicle in Twickenham and with the equity in my Life Pro Perf it seemed sensible to cash in and get the Born. Vertu had called me to soften me up to the fact I would lose the £2,500 gov grant and if I waited until Oct Nov for my new ID3 there is no guarantee equity would still be so good. Motorway sale completed gave me £12k equity not all of which I put to the Born. The Born monthly repayment on Seat Finance is £27 a month less than my prev ID3.
I really like the Born. Probably a little unfair to compare Life Pro with a Born V2 but needless to say where you really notice the difference is in the cabin. For me it's how all £30k + cars should be.
The drive feels a little sharper and overall very impressed. Love the HUD. Never had a HUD before.
That's a nice car - congrats.
If it's not too cheeky, you got £12k equity on your Life Pro perf? May I ask how old the car was, how long you had had it?
18 months old 8,800 miles. Motorway came back with £33,305. Left £12,000 after settlement.
I only put £500 in as a deposit. It's a one off strike whilst the iron's hot deal.
It's around £3,300 more than I paid for it in Dec 2020.
Thanks

Post Reply