Leasing

The place to discuss everything else..
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

We want to replace my wife's Golf in the next couple of months. As an interim I was wondering about leasing something(T-Cross or maybe a Taigo). Does anyone have any recommendations with regards to leasing companies? (Or any to avoid)

Jack1338

Post by Jack1338 »

We're leasing our ID.3 through Gateway2Lease. I couldn't speak more highly of them, had a great experience personally. Although, I haven't looked at prices for the cars you mention so no idea what those are like (or availability).
QPRfan

Post by QPRfan »

I too am leasing from Gateway2lease although not an ID3.

I originally ordered an ID3 from nationwide vehicle leasing back in January. I was told the car was already ordered and would be arriving in May. Then Putin started his war and I read about the wiring looms issue so I asked nationwide to find out when my car was to be built. They were then told by their dealer that it was scheduled for week 40 but that this date could easily slip. Having read many stories on this forum of delays running into 12 months or more for ID 3 deliveries and as I need a new car by mid August I could see the writing on the wall. So even knowing that my ID3 lease deal was an amazingly good price, with a heavy heart I cancelled my lease order . What good is a cheap deal when you cant get the car?

After a few days of searching around for 'in stock' EVs I came across Kona 64s at gateway2lease.

As Jack1338 says above, I cannot speak more highly of them. So far so good and the 'in stock' car is being delivered in a few weeks time
Life Pro Performance - Moonstone.
On order January 2022 via Nationwide Vehicle Contracts
As at 25/2/22 unconfirmed build date week 40 ( 02/10/22 )
ORDER Cancelled March 18th and replaced by an 'in stock' Kona 64 Premium arriving late April
Hemming91

Post by Hemming91 »

G43FAN wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:06 am We want to replace my wife's Golf in the next couple of months. As an interim I was wondering about leasing something(T-Cross or maybe a Taigo). Does anyone have any recommendations with regards to leasing companies? (Or any to avoid)
Unless it's physically in stock with the leasing company I wouldn't bother looking at VW's. I was told orders are taking 8 months + even for entry level models of the above. Our ID's are doomed!
Family Pro Performance - Moonstone Grey - East Derry Alloys
Ordered Confirmed - 26/10/2021
VW Order Number - 31517xxx
Latest status from dealership - Nobody knows!
QPRfan

Post by QPRfan »

Its not just VWs that have a problem re stock availability.

I have a Leaf at the moment and just before Easter I was at the dealership and I heard a saleman saying that a new Leaf 40 was at least 6 months and a Leaf 62 was 9-12 months.

Cars that are actaully 'in stock' are commanding a premium at the moment and most likely will do for many more months.

I ordered a Kona in early March (having cancelled my ID3 order). My Kona lease was already £30 more than the ID3 was going to cost me - but it was in stock!. The Gateway 2 lease web site shows thay still have some Kona 64s 'in stock' but the price today is £35 more than the deal I signed up for just 6 weeks ago.

Its the law of supply and demand. And if I was running a car dealership or leasing company then I guess I too would be wringing every extra £ that I could from every car I had to sell.
Life Pro Performance - Moonstone.
On order January 2022 via Nationwide Vehicle Contracts
As at 25/2/22 unconfirmed build date week 40 ( 02/10/22 )
ORDER Cancelled March 18th and replaced by an 'in stock' Kona 64 Premium arriving late April
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Thanks for the replies all. In the end we called in at a local dealership to see if we could get anywhere. (Have been doing on and off at a couple) and they had just had a Taigo delivered. Had all the required bits and pieces and they made an offer on the Golf that matched anything else I'd had (it has some minor cosmetic bamage in the rear so feared I would be knocked down drastically if I went down the 'we buy any' company type route, and one of the alloys has started to bubble but VW were happy to ignore these and stick with the original offer, so all going to plan we pick up a Taigo on Monday.